Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-21-2017, 10:19 AM

A) Dry Ice

B) Don't "check baggage" anything that WHEN it gets taken makes you get on an internet forum and complain about it.

Something of little value got taken from your luggage and you weren't compensated....... welcome to virtually every international flight I've been on.

Old 10-21-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nester View Post

You exceeded the weight limit, had to go dump out the water in the street, the "taped" the coolers shut. Nice planning.
So now your cooler smells like rancid fish as it's hot in Los Angeles. That certainly doesn't set off any alarms for the custom officials or baggage handlers.
Does a cooler with sloshing fish and fish water count ?

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...ial-items.html

Delta is not responsible for any perishable item that spoils or goes bad during its journey in cargo.

Your assumption is wrong, as per usual in your constant trolling.

It was completely planned to have more ice than needed, to keep it cold before I had no control over it. Didn't read that part?
But you just keep going, hope you feel better about yourself.

The ICE PACKS were in there to keep the rock hard fish frozen in the 5 day coolers, bought specifically for the trips.

There was zero water, zero smell, the coolers did their jobs.

Stop already, you are just being ignorant to suit your little purpose.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 10-21-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhad View Post
A) Dry Ice

B) Don't "check baggage" anything that WHEN it gets taken makes you get on an internet forum and complain about it.

Something of little value got taken from your luggage and you weren't compensated....... welcome to virtually every international flight I've been on.

A) Dry ice is not allowed in the cargo hold. Looked into it.

B) Didn't ask for your opinion, and forums are there for open discussion. If you don't like the subject, keep trolling or surfing elsewhere.

I don't care if it was zero value, it was mine, it was stolen. It was also another member from the forum who lost, ask him if he feels it was 'little value'

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 10-21-2017, 11:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
A) Dry ice is not allowed in the cargo hold. Looked into it.
You should have been able to do it if you had a vented cooler. Mind you 5.5lbs may not go very far. Doesn't mention anything about international though.

https://www.delta.com/content/dam/de...ge/dry_ice.pdf

https://www.faa.gov/about/initiative...nfo/?hazmat=13
Old 10-21-2017, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy1 View Post
You should have been able to do it if you had a vented cooler. Mind you 5.5lbs may not go very far. Doesn't mention anything about international though.

https://www.delta.com/content/dam/de...ge/dry_ice.pdf

https://www.faa.gov/about/initiative...nfo/?hazmat=13
All i could find in the size Delta wanted were sealed. And like I said the fish, ice packs and new bags of ice were like rocks. Zero water zero spoil zero excuse to go into them. It was planned and apparently happens quite often.

Old 10-21-2017, 11:34 AM

Why would anyone take someone else's fish or any other edible? Someone you don't know.
Old 10-21-2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bub View Post
Why would anyone take someone else's fish or any other edible? Someone you don't know.
because they think they can.

I don't think its Expedia fault that's just me GOOD LUCK .
Old 10-21-2017, 12:08 PM

I always try to deal directly with the airline/hotel/car rental rather than book through a 3rd party. I had a bad experience with Expedia and a flight to Vegas. Westjet could’ve cared less and told me to deal with Expedia. If I had booked directly with WJ I would’ve had a better experience. Same with hotels. I find if you book with a 3rd party they treat you way different than if you book direct with them.

That being said if the price is way better through the 3rd party it is hard to turn down the deal.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by last minute View Post

I don't think its Expedia fault that's just me GOOD LUCK .
Who's fault then? Has to be Delta, but I did not pay them. They said to go through Expedia who told me to go through Delta. Convenient, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbiddy View Post
I always try to deal directly with the airline/hotel/car rental rather than book through a 3rd party. I had a bad experience with Expedia and a flight to Vegas. Westjet could’ve cared less and told me to deal with Expedia. If I had booked directly with WJ I would’ve had a better experience. Same with hotels. I find if you book with a 3rd party they treat you way different than if you book direct with them.

That being said if the price is way better through the 3rd party it is hard to turn down the deal.
I generally do the same, and always had great success with Expedia but not so much anymore apparently.

Old 10-21-2017, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Who's fault then? Has to be Delta, but I did not pay them. They said to go through Expedia who told me to go through Delta. Convenient, isn't it?

I generally do the same, and always had great success with Expedia but not so much anymore apparently.
Well yeah it's delta's fault I just don't see how it's expedia fault they did there job the problem lies with delta but what ever good luck getting your fish back
Old 10-21-2017, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Well yeah it's delta's fault I just don't see how it's expedia fault they did there job the problem lies with delta but what ever good luck getting your fish back
I thought the same.

I don't want it back now, imagine the smell!!!

I am still talking to them, will see if they offer anything.

Last edited by Ken07AOVette; 10-21-2017 at 01:40 PM.
Old 10-21-2017, 02:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Didn't you have some issues with Expedia a little while back or was that United?
Old 10-21-2017, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy1 View Post
Didn't you have some issues with Expedia a little while back or was that United?
A few years ago, United. Good memory man!

Flight delayed- all baggage lost, wasted half a day in Hawaii filing the complaint only to be told that I had to do it online, flight cancelled on the way back, shuffled around and then they lost our luggage on the way home again.

They made it right.

Back to United I go.

In all the flights I have gone only 2 crap ones is not bad odds. It won't stop me. Next time maybe I will soak the top layer of fish in dihareearid and see who misses work for a couple days

Old 10-21-2017, 06:55 PM

Default all that security

Good thing the governments paying all that extra money for security, when the crooks are in cahoots,
Old 10-21-2017, 08:45 PM

Quote:
That’s not what I asked. The question rather was why would anyone eat food from someone else’s luggage? That’s plain nasty, be it a $30 fish steak or a TV dinner.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bub View Post
That’s not what I asked. The question rather was why would anyone eat food from someone else’s luggage? That’s plain nasty, be it a $30 fish steak or a TV dinner.
Or $300 fish steak, but yes I get what you are saying

Old 10-22-2017, 03:45 PM

The whole luggage stealing and rifling through happens more than you would think. If it's some old clothes then it's one thing but that is ruining the memories of a trip.

I stopped using Expedia after the Flamingo would not change rooms for us (it was gross) They said because we booked with Expedia they could do nothing. In the end the wife gave them a super hard time and the hotel made it right but made me wary of the Expedia angle.
Old 10-22-2017, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdamours View Post
The whole luggage stealing and rifling through happens more than you would think. If it's some old clothes then it's one thing but that is ruining the memories of a trip.

I stopped using Expedia after the Flamingo would not change rooms for us (it was gross) They said because we booked with Expedia they could do nothing. In the end the wife gave them a super hard time and the hotel made it right but made me wary of the Expedia angle.
I will offer 75% commission of whatever I get from Expedia/Delta if you can get your wife involved

Old 10-22-2017, 04:55 PM

She has got her masters and would have made an excellent lawyer. It wasn't a good start to the trip. We left our bags in the room when we looked like we were going nowhere with the hotel and came back later when there was a supervisor on duty. I let her tear into him rationally while I had a drink and played slots. We got a better room, drink credits, free buffets, etc. No thanks to Expedia though.

I'll be double checking my credit cards now as well for the luggage insurance and booking with whichever is the better one.
Old 10-22-2017, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdamours View Post
She has got her masters and would have made an excellent lawyer. It wasn't a good start to the trip. We left our bags in the room when we looked like we were going nowhere with the hotel and came back later when there was a supervisor on duty. I let her tear into him rationally while I had a drink and played slots. We got a better room, drink credits, free buffets, etc. No thanks to Expedia though.

I'll be double checking my credit cards now as well for the luggage insurance and booking with whichever is the better one.
I need to hire her for my business!

And yes, already switched CC's to one with travel and baggage insurance. Trouble is though, most of them demand a receipt. Tough to produce for fish other than processing fees.

Old 10-25-2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Except I didn't slip on ice, I was robbed. They went into my personal baggage and stole my personal belongings.

So to modify my example to take into account your point above; if you were robbed while at the concert, you would expect Stub Hub to compensate you?

If I'm robbed while wandering around Playa Del Carmen on vacation, I'm not coming after Expedia or Travelocity to compensate me. They supplied me with what they were contractually obligated to; namely a ticket and accommodation. They don't warranty that everything on your holiday will be wonderful, that nothing bad will happen.

I suspect a lawyer wouldn't take the case against Expedia, at least not on contingency. LOL Sorry Ken, I get your frustration, I really do. I lost luggage for quite a while last month. But I don't think the company that sold you the ticket has liability. Go after the airline that did the damage. Cheers.

Last edited by Okotokian; 10-25-2017 at 12:13 PM.
Old 10-25-2017, 12:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
But I don't think the company that sold you the ticket has liability. Go after the airline that did the damage. Cheers.
I think that's part of the issue, because it was booked through Expedia Delta has an out, they can duck accountability.

Actually when you really break it down it's maybe not directly the airline's fault either. Security screeners are not going to be Delta employees, the bag handlers may or may not be. The equipment that moves bags around is the responsibility of the airport not the airline so presumably the people that run it are too. Lots of airlines use companies like Swissport to move bags around for them, the last actual Delta employee that touched the thing might be the gate agent.

To me it doesn't mean that the airline isn't ultimately responsible but when you think about it that way the chances of getting a reasonable compensation are pretty slim.
Old 10-25-2017, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
So to modify my example to take into account your point above; if you were robbed while at the concert, you would expect Stub Hub to compensate you?

If I'm robbed while wandering around Playa Del Carmen on vacation, I'm not coming after Expedia or Travelocity to compensate me. They supplied me with what they were contractually obligated to; namely a ticket and accommodation. They don't warranty that everything on your holiday will be wonderful, that nothing bad will happen.

I suspect a lawyer wouldn't take the case against Expedia, at least not on contingency. LOL Sorry Ken, I get your frustration, I really do. I lost luggage for quite a while last month. But I don't think the company that sold you the ticket has liability. Go after the airline that did the damage. Cheers.
Someone stole my personal belongings at the airport.
I paid expedia. They took my money. They said go after Delta. Delta said you paid Expedia go after Expedia.
You do what you would do, I will do what I will.
It has nothing at all to do with being robbed on the street it is completely the airline or airport or booking agent. As of now nobody is taking responsibility but I'm not done.

Old 10-25-2017, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Someone stole my personal belongings at the airport.
I paid expedia. They took my money. They said go after Delta. Delta said you paid Expedia go after Expedia.
You do what you would do, I will do what I will.
It has nothing at all to do with being robbed on the street it is completely the airline or airport or booking agent. As of now nobody is taking responsibility but I'm not done.
Expedia did not take your luggage they are not responsible for your luggage their job was to reserve your seat and they did. delta took control of your luggage and its contents they are the one responsible I dont see where the confusion is.

mack
Old 10-25-2017, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
Expedia did not take your luggage they are not responsible for your luggage their job was to reserve your seat and they did. delta took control of your luggage and its contents they are the one responsible I dont see where the confusion is.

mack
It's great isn't it, that we live somewhere that we can freely voice our interpretation and discuss events in an open forum? You opinion is noted as is your confusion.

Delta received no money from me. Nothing. All you get from Delta is a piece of paper from them with my name on it that gives me the possibility of getting on a plane, if they have not oversold the flight.

This is not a cut and dried matter, as neither party is as of yet claiming responsibility. But, I am getting emails from them both again looking for information, so it's not over yet.

One of the companies may yet turn out to show responsibility for the actions of someone in the flight organization.

Or they won't, don't know yet.

I have found there is an ombudsman program that assists in events like this, not that I would do it for what I lost, this time but interesting to find out.

Old 10-26-2017, 08:18 AM

Quote:
It's great isn't it, that we live somewhere that we can freely voice our interpretation and discuss events in an open forum? You opinion is noted as is your confusion.

Delta received no money from me. Nothing. All you get from Delta is a piece of paper from them with my name on it that gives me the possibility of getting on a plane, if they have not oversold the flight.

This is not a cut and dried matter, as neither party is as of yet claiming responsibility. But, I am getting emails from them both again looking for information, so it's not over yet.

One of the companies may yet turn out to show responsibility for the actions of someone in the flight organization.

Or they won't, don't know yet.

I have found there is an ombudsman program that assists in events like this, not that I would do it for what I lost, this time but interesting to find out.
you may be right Ken Delta did not receive money from you but they did except the care and contol of your luggage that is where your issue is. I hope you can get this resolved to your satisfaction.

mack