Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-04-2015, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
My father used to tell a joke that went like this
Man goes up to the AC ticket counter.

Attendant " Good Morning sir, and where are we going today"
Traveller " Well, I'm going to Montreal,I want this suitcase to go to Las Vegas, the valise to Chicago, and the box to Winnipeg, thank you"
Attendant " I'm so sorry Sir, we can''t do THAT!!"
Traveller " Why, you didn't have a problem getting it done LAST TIME!!"
Cat
Lol, one time they lost my bag and the lady just brushed it off as nothing then said they would send my bag to me in the morning what is youre address, i said do you know where Slave lake is, she said oh oh, and i then said i would be 70 km south of there in a camp, then her tone changed. So they sent it greyhound and i had to have it picked at the depot... Never again
Old 08-04-2015, 11:00 PM

Default Air Canada to ban Trophy Animals

Well, at least they did not ban Cape buffalo, only water buffalo. Just goes to show how misinformed they are

Old 08-04-2015, 11:49 PM
Banned

Looks like UPS is not going to jump on the bandwagon and will continue to ship anything that is legal

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...ting-trophies/
Old 08-05-2015, 09:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
Looks like UPS is not going to jump on the bandwagon and will continue to ship anything that is legal

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...ting-trophies/
thank god a company that can think for themselves and doesn't get bullied.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:15 AM

I was busy yesterday and neglected to post an article, better late than never though.
In this article it says Cape Buff, not water buff.

CBC: Air Canada bans African animal trophies as freight

htt p://www.cbc.ca/news/business/air-canada-bans-african-animal-trophies-as-freight-1.3178846

Air Canada says it has a new policy, effective immediately, not to carry any shipment of lion, leopard, elephant, rhinoceros or Cape buffalo trophies worldwide as freight.

The airline made the statement today in response to a query from CBC News.

But you won't have trouble transporting some Canadian animal trophies, such as black bears or grizzly bears.

Cecil the lion killing raises issues about trophy hunting in Canada

Several other airlines have banned air shipment of hunting trophies in the past few days, including Delta, United and American Airlines.

Air Canada said the ban goes over and above its long-standing policy to comply with the regulations that are in place to protect endangered wildlife in accordance with the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora.

The trophy hunting of exotic animals is in the spotlight after the shooting of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe by an American dentist.

Historically the shipment of such trophies has been extremely rare on Air Canada as the airline does not operate flights to Africa.

Air Canada told CBC News the same ban does not extend to black or grizzly bears, among the trophy animals most likely to be hunted in Canada. However it would not transport polar bears, which do have protection.

The airline said it would allow transportation of those bear trophies which are legal to hunt in Canada under CITES and Canadian rules.

WestJet points out it does not serve destinations where hunters can take Big Five animals, including lions and elephants, but says it would not carry Big Five trophies.

It will however carry elk, deer, bears or any other animal that has been legally hunted, according to spokesman Robert Palmer.

There has been a public and internet outcry about the killing of Cecil, with Zimbabwe alleging that it was illegal.

A Change.org petition sent to Delta Airlines demanded the airline, which serves South Africa, stop transporting trophies of Africa's so-called Big Five animals — lions, elephants, rhinoceroses, leopards and Cape buffalos.

That is the same Big Five animals that Air Canada has banned.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 08-05-2015, 09:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyreefer View Post
I was busy yesterday and neglected to post an article, better late than never though.
In this article it says Cape Buff, not water buff.

CBC: Air Canada bans African animal trophies as freight

htt p://www.cbc.ca/news/business/air-canada-bans-african-animal-trophies-as-freight-1.3178846

Air Canada says it has a new policy, effective immediately, not to carry any shipment of lion, leopard, elephant, rhinoceros or Cape buffalo trophies worldwide as freight.

The airline made the statement today in response to a query from CBC News.

But you won't have trouble transporting some Canadian animal trophies, such as black bears or grizzly bears.

Cecil the lion killing raises issues about trophy hunting in Canada

Several other airlines have banned air shipment of hunting trophies in the past few days, including Delta, United and American Airlines.

Air Canada said the ban goes over and above its long-standing policy to comply with the regulations that are in place to protect endangered wildlife in accordance with the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora.

The trophy hunting of exotic animals is in the spotlight after the shooting of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe by an American dentist.

Historically the shipment of such trophies has been extremely rare on Air Canada as the airline does not operate flights to Africa.

Air Canada told CBC News the same ban does not extend to black or grizzly bears, among the trophy animals most likely to be hunted in Canada. However it would not transport polar bears, which do have protection.

The airline said it would allow transportation of those bear trophies which are legal to hunt in Canada under CITES and Canadian rules.

WestJet points out it does not serve destinations where hunters can take Big Five animals, including lions and elephants, but says it would not carry Big Five trophies.

It will however carry elk, deer, bears or any other animal that has been legally hunted, according to spokesman Robert Palmer.

There has been a public and internet outcry about the killing of Cecil, with Zimbabwe alleging that it was illegal.

A Change.org petition sent to Delta Airlines demanded the airline, which serves South Africa, stop transporting trophies of Africa's so-called Big Five animals — lions, elephants, rhinoceroses, leopards and Cape buffalos.

That is the same Big Five animals that Air Canada has banned.
In other words what they're really saying it's business as usual however they're going to piggyback on the PR ID of the other airlines, but that is hunters no one should worry about it.

Interesting thing about CITIES though is that all of the animals the airlines say they won't carry can legally be harvested under that protocol.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:59 AM

Misinformed much?

Should have updated their photo database....

LC
Old 08-05-2015, 10:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Misinformed much?

LC
That's funny. Well maybe it's not that funny when you can see how ignorant so many people are on what why life looks like.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Misinformed much?

LC
WE ARE THE MEDIA!! WE KNOW EVERYTHING!! WE WILL TELL YOU HOW TO THINK!! NOW LISTEN AND OBEY US OR FOREVER BE SCORNED!!

Idiots.