Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 07-19-2019, 03:01 AM

Default PNUMA Outdoors clothing?

Hello, new to the forum.
Has anyone had any experience with PNUMA Outdoors clothing? Similar price point to Sitka and a Lifetime Guarantee. It seems you can go wrong with the warranty.

www.pnumaoutdoors.com/

Thanks
Chris
Old 07-19-2019, 09:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpeppler View Post
Hello, new to the forum.
Has anyone had any experience with PNUMA Outdoors clothing? Similar price point to Sitka and a Lifetime Guarantee. It seems you can go wrong with the warranty.

www.pnumaoutdoors.com/

Thanks
Chris
If it’s a similar price, why would you buy something else?
Warranty is only good if the company is still in business
Old 07-19-2019, 09:56 AM

My first impression is their prices are cheaper than Sitka by quite a bit. At least the items I looked at.
Old 07-19-2019, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Hello, new to the forum.

www.pnumaoutdoors.com/

Thanks
Chris
I own several items from Pnuma. I think their end goal is to compete with sitka and Kuiu. It’s great high end gear and the customer service is excellent.
Old 07-20-2019, 10:31 AM

It looks really good and the reviews are very good too. The only problem I have is that you can’t try it out before buying it online. And the fact that they are in the sates doesn’t help either because the exchange can be a pain in the ars due to the custom fees and taxes etc.
I would be definitely interested in buying a few items if I can see it first.
Old 07-20-2019, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
It looks really good and the reviews are very good too. The only problem I have is that you can’t try it out before buying it online. And the fact that they are in the sates doesn’t help either because the exchange can be a pain in the ars due to the custom fees and taxes etc.
Sooooo,in other words,just like KUIU.
Old 07-20-2019, 11:50 AM
Banned

Pretty hard to compete with kuiu and sitka when they have marketed themselves so well and have established themselves as being the best of the best.
Theres no way you could price yourself close to them without a dynamite distribution system. Trying to follow kuius lead of online direct wont work unless you can convince people to take a risk. And why take a risk to save $100 bucks on a unproven jacket or pants that could fail you at the worst possible time.
Old 07-20-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
Pretty hard to compete with kuiu and sitka when they have marketed themselves so well and have established themselves as being the best of the best.
Theres no way you could price yourself close to them without a dynamite distribution system. Trying to follow kuius lead of online direct wont work unless you can convince people to take a risk. And why take a risk to save $100 bucks on a unproven jacket or pants that could fail you at the worst possible time.
People took a risk on KUIU and their online direct marketing,and look at them now.
Best of the best? According to Sitka and KUIU’s own marketing hype maybe?
Pnuma also claims to have best of the best MVT(moisture vapour transfer) fabric on the market,actually claims to be more then twice as effective as their competitors,and we know who they are referring to.
Old 07-20-2019, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West O'5 View Post
Sooooo,in other words,just like KUIU.

Kuiu has the option to view Canadian converted pricing prior to sending to cart and I believe they prepay shipping at a decent $$ .
Old 07-20-2019, 01:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by West O'5 View Post
People took a risk on KUIU and their online direct marketing,and look at them now.
Best of the best? According to Sitka and KUIU’s own marketing hype maybe?
Pnuma also claims to have best of the best MVT(moisture vapour transfer) fabric on the market,actually claims to be more then twice as effective as their competitors,and we know who they are referring to.
Kuiu and sitka have set the bar pretty high
They were the trailblazers
The others are following their lead
Theres a lot more to hunting apparel than moisture vapour transfer
Old 07-22-2019, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
I'm in the US quite a bit for work so can get it shipped to a hotel and avoid the challenges of importing. Thanks for the feeback!
Old 07-22-2019, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Hello, new to the forum.

www.pnumaoutdoors.com/

Thanks
Chris
I own the tenacity shirt and pants.
Shirt:
Pros: love the feel and fit, great camo pattern for where I hunt, breathes really well
Cons: the microbial doesn't work. By noon I can smell myself compared to a merino wool. So I wear the shirt on a cooler day

Pants
Pros - love the fit and feel, enough stretch to not feel like they are going to rip, pockets in all the right places, a grippy waist band insert keeps the shirt tucked in, breath extremely well - one go to pants on a hot day
Cons - knee pads are ok but find them clunky, pants to not dry very fast
Old 09-03-2020, 08:14 AM

Seems like there pro and cons to Pnuma. I was looking into it as well, but if it is going to cost me about the same as Sitka, then I'll just go that route.
Old 09-03-2020, 08:51 AM

Wonder if the warranty covers damage from sparks? Many of us make fires when we're out hunting for several days.

A lot of the synthetics are very sensitive - doesn't take many small sparks to ruin a good outfit.
Old 12-28-2020, 09:46 AM

I have the tenacity pants and jacket.
The pants are unreal. I wish they made another solid colorso i could have two sets.
The jacket is also awesome, but it doesn't come in s tall size so i Am returning it and getting the waypoint jacket in a tall size.
I also have their heated vest. I am very pleased with it. Works better than any heated vest i have used.
Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-28-2020, 04:58 PM

I have the insulator jacket, it’s very warm and light weight. Most of the time I wear it as my outerwear jacket with just a thin hoodie underneath. This is usually warm enough for me to sit a couple hours on those old November mornings or evenings.