Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-17-2019, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupert View Post
WSS would probably would still be there if not for UFA.
Cabelas coming into almost every city WSS had locations at, the economy dropping off and the emergence/widespread use of online stores(not just amazon) all had significant effects on WSS.
Old 07-17-2019, 11:55 AM

I have bought Seaguar flouro on Amazon multiple times and have never had an issue. It is typically less expensive then the stuff you can find locally but more importantly it is better quality flouro. I certainly wouldn't buy anything and everything off Amazon though.
Old 07-19-2019, 08:32 AM

This isn't fishing related, but if use SanDisk memory cards for cameras, Amazon is literally 40% cheaper then every local or large chain store in Edmonton.

YouTube:@huyfishin Fishing Videos!

Respect wildlife
Old 07-19-2019, 11:17 AM

https://fstoppers.com/gear/counterfe...g-prime-323401

Counterfeit products aren't uncommon on Amazon or eBay for that matter. It's especially common for memory cards.
Old 07-19-2019, 11:56 AM

I have ordered 1500 yard bulk spools of fireline tracer and braid tracer line. Prices were awesome almost half price on one and half price on the other. Dealers in the states wouldnt touch those prices. You have to be aware of prices and great deals are available along with good deals. Bought lots of flashers and other fishing items for great prices as well, but just have to be aware of prices!

Buy even more online now that WSS is gone.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:50 AM

Unhappy Cheap lured that ended up breaking

I bought Lured from amazon and were too cheap broke during fish fight in lower k lake. It just depends on what you choose .
Old 07-22-2019, 06:10 AM

Default Amazon

One thing about Amazon is it’s not always the best price but if you keep an eye on something! Bingo a big price drop.
And you can grab it.
I look for tools and attachments for lathe and mill.
I wanted a name brand holder and the price was about the same as out of Vancouver. Well about 3 months later it dropped from 73.00 cnd to 29.00 cnd with free shipping, no gst to boot, and it turned out to be perfect!
So like others have said you have to shop! And watch for a deal!!
Later
Sst
Old 07-24-2019, 02:36 PM

I use both local stores and online stores like Amazon. Thats the choice I have. I'd also say that many local stores, at least the saavy ones, are selling their products through Amazon now, I'm guessing 70%. Thats the way retail sales are moving, times are changing and if you want to survive you go with the flow. Heck I know Lawrence at Accurate Archery sells thru Amazon. Yes Amazon has chinese knockoff of dubious quality but it also sells a ton of name brand quality products. All it takes is a little scrutiny of product descriptions and you can separate the cheap from good. Like any retail store you have to shop around Amazon and compare. Because, as I mention a majority of Amazon product sales are through individual companies located basically anywhere their prices vary hugely. You have to compare. Right now I'm looking at a 3/4 sized guitar for my granddaughter, the exact same guitar locally is $329 at 3 different stores, on Amazon it varies from $269 to over $550 all for same guitar, all Cdn dollars, shipping costs all over map too. Shop around