Shooting Xs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cement Bench View Post
What is SJW
Social Justice Warrior.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
As for the RCMP, I guess laying charges at least gives some credibility to their part in the entire incident, it would be embarrassing to admit that they were duped into a high risk takedown , over a petty feud between neighbors.
that you for this,

Respectfully one must disagree

if they were duped into a high risk takedown over a petty feud. the

THE RCMP SHOULD SAY THIS, AND SAY THEY WILL INVESTIGATE IT FULLY. AND LAY CHARGES IF APPROPRIATE

LENDS ITSELF TO EDUCATING THE PUBLIC AND

LEADS TO PUBLIC ORDER IN THAT REGUARD

THAT MY FRIENDS IS CALLED A WIN WIN WIN
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cement Bench View Post
What is SJW
Social Justice Warrior

Apparently JB_AOL figures if you take offense to being brutalized by law enforcement who mistakenly take you for a potential perpetrator, to a crime they’re not sure of, then you are a SJW with a criminal record who is looking for money through a go fund me page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I think he lost a lot of credibility when he started screaming about having to replace his gate. Near the top of his lungs, almost crying after everything else that was the worst part?

When you watch COPS or Border Security or any show involving live take-down the (alleged) criminal is standing there with a needle in his front pocket, knife in his boot, handgun in the belt, brass knuckles in the back pocket- you are getting what I am getting to here I hope, denying everything. 'that's not mine, you planted it, I have never seen that needle before, they are my sister's jeans, that's mom's gun'....

This guy could be lying about everything, looking for a huge go-fund-me, they have worked in the past.

Only he knows what truly happened, we may never hear it.

if he is lying and covering something up he may truly believe he is in the right. Whatever happens I hope the truth is found and the mess is straightened out.

I think this is a case of him having watched too many of the you-tube video's where the SJW's walk around with an ar-15 looking for a LEO to go after them, or the guys that claim they do not have to comply with the Police, roll down the window 1/4" hoping for a window to be smashed and go viral.
Ken you hit the nail on the head with this one. Too much law/authority condemnation with no true knowledge of all the facts.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:03 AM

It's sad today when the RCMP feel it's an us verses them approach to situations involving civilians. Not all . How many officers feel the way the one I talked with feel." I hope I get a good call tonight" , me " What's that?" "One where I get to pull my gun" . Not all cops are bad but not all are good. This situation is a crap show and should be investigated but the chance of LEO finding they did something wrong is minimal.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
The exact same approach could have been taken in this scenario. The cops could have gotten enough information from the complainant to do their job in a professional manner. They did not, and if they did this is even worse than I thought.
No.. Different situations.. a Gun was "allegedly" fired towards some people. That is completely different, and if you don't see that.. well that explains alot.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:14 AM

Reads like the lady has a grudge with her neighbour and exploited the cops. Seen it happen when you report someone for a wildlife act infraction, theft, trespassing, illegal discharge or impound their cat, call bylaws on them etc etc etc....lol.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_AOL View Post
No.. Different situations.. a Gun was "allegedly" fired towards some people. That is completely different, and if you don't see that.. well that explains alot.
It was an abduction call!!! Any cop with a brain would be prepared for a weapon going into a possible abduction.

What the difference is, is that the cops didn’t have an inflated ego that night.

I assume you are either a cop, or a retired cop and the blue wall of silence is still up.

Last edited by Kurt505; 07-11-2019 at 09:29 AM.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaha Tinda View Post
Reads like the lady has a grudge with her neighbour and exploited the cops. Seen it happen when you report someone for a wildlife act infraction, theft, trespassing, illegal discharge or impound their cat, call bylaws on them etc etc etc....lol.
They could deal with the woman, and show the public that they won't tolerate this nonsense, but they won't , because they would have to admit that they were duped into participating in the feud.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Is that how law enforcement protocol works? Call a guy who peacefully surrenders a retard? Purposely destroy his property? Let his kids run around naked through a supposed “crime scene”?

You have no clue, same as the attending officers that evening. A bunch of inflated ego rookies with little to no common sense. They heard gun, that’s all they needed to run rampid with no recourse for their actions. Had there been an officer in charge that actually had some expirience and common sense, this never would have made headlines.
Were you there? Didn't think so... But I guess you know better than them.

You have no idea if any of his story is true (and neither do I). But I'm smart enough to realize that the RCMP have reasons for doing certain things the way they do (it's called protocol).

You guys are hilarious..

What if someone was actually shooting at civilians?? LEO's have to treat every situation as a worst case scenario. SO yes, when someone reports that they are being shot at (whether it's true or not), they have to take it seriously, hence the reason there was 12 officers and they were detaining everyone.

You guys look for any opportunity to jump all over LEO's without even thinking.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:

You have no idea if any of his story is true (and neither do I). But I'm smart enough to realize that the RCMP have reasons for doing certain things the way they do (it's called protocol).

You guys are hilarious..

What if someone was actually shooting at civilians?? LEO's have to treat every situation as a worst case scenario. SO yes, when someone reports that they are being shot at (whether it's true or not), they have to take it seriously, hence the reason there was 12 officers and they were detaining everyone.

And some people are willing to justify the illegal actions of some people just because they put on a certain uniform when they go to work. You guys are willing to look the other way when Law Enforcement acts inappropriately without even thinking. See, I can play that game too.

All we have is one side here and the Police have said that they will not comment. Why are some people so quick to label someone as being a Liar and a criminal who is looking for a payout when there is nothing to corroborate those accusations?
Old 07-11-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
It was an abduction call!!! Any cop with a brain would be prepared for a weapon going into a possible abduction.
Troll along Kurt.. Every cop has their hand on their gun, even during traffic stops, which I'm sure the cop did as he rang the doorbell (although I'm sure you'll tell me otherwise).

The difference is, there was a report of shots fired at civilians. If you don't see that difference..Well.

Quote:
I assume you are either a cop, or a retired cop and the blue wall of silence is still up.
Nope far from it.. I just don't believe everything I see on the internet..
Old 07-11-2019, 09:48 AM
Banned

Quote:

You guys are hilarious..

You’re asking if I was there......

Bahahahaha!

You're the one who said the guy has a criminal record, that he’s looking for go fund me cash.

I’m not eager to bash law enforcement, but when it’s clearly a case of abuse of power then, ya I’ll bash them. I’m basing my opinion off of a couple things.

1) They guy has it on video
2) The police have released a false statement
3) The police already have the blue wall up

I suppose you support curb stomping and slamming a guy’s head into the wall when he’s cuffed too hey? That’s probably a bunch of false statements too because cops don’t abuse their power..... But some dummy recorded it.....

With the media coverage, this isn’t just an internet story.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Hunter Okotoks View Post
And some people are willing to justify the illegal actions of some people just because they put on a certain uniform when they go to work. You guys are willing to look the other way when Law Enforcement acts inappropriately without even thinking. See, I can play that game too.

All we have is one side here and the Police have said that they will not comment. Why are some people so quick to label someone as being a Liar and a criminal who is looking for a payout when there is nothing to corroborate those accusations?
Would you comment if you realized that you had been duped into taking part to this level, in a neighbors squabble? It might be interesting to find out who the neighbor is, and what status/influence, she has in the community.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 07-11-2019 at 09:59 AM.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Troll along Kurt.. Every cop has their hand on their gun, even during traffic stops, which I'm sure the cop did as he rang the doorbell (although I'm sure you'll tell me otherwise).

The difference is, there was a report of shots fired at civilians. If you don't see that difference..Well.

Nope far from it.. I just don't believe everything I see on the internet..
Troll along? Hahaha, your the one making sht up in an attempt to make the guy look bad. You are literally making stuff up, I’m just going by what is public knowledge so far, and it’s not looking good for your buddies. Sorry to hurt your feelings by sticking to the facts that have been presented.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Not at all.. I know there are bad LEO's, and they should be punished appropriately, using the proper channels.

Quote:
re:liar, why do you think his story is true? I'm allowed to question it, I believe there is some truth to it, but people's recollection of events immediately after they happen (specifically a high stress situation) are typically emotional, irrational and not usually the exact events. And in the video he is clearly emotional (rightfully so?).

David's story IMHO lost all credibility as soon as he started the video.. IF his story is true, lawyer up, they would have a hayday with this, don't get on social media looking for sympathy. That's why I don't believe most of his story.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:59 AM

Quote:
You’re asking if I was there......

Bahahahaha!

You're the one who said the guy has a criminal record, that he’s looking for go fund me cash. Never said that, I said known to police, but reading is HARD

I’m not eager to bash law enforcement, but when it’s clearly a case of abuse of power then, ya I’ll bash them. I’m basing my opinion off of a couple things.

1) They guy has it on video
2) The police have released a false statement
How is it "clearly an abuse of power"? You have one side of the story.

Let's see the video? WHy didn't he release it on facebook just like he did his story, it would give him alot more credibility? What is the false statement?

Troll along.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Troll along? Hahaha, your the one making sht up in an attempt to make the guy look bad. You are literally making stuff up, I’m just going by what is public knowledge so far, and it’s not looking good for your buddies. Sorry to hurt your feelings by sticking to the facts that have been presented.
Making **** up? lol..

I guess giving facts about protocol and giving my opinion on a subject is making **** up?

lol.. Feelings hurt? Not at all..

umm.. What facts? It's all hearsay.. None of us were there.. David's video has is his recollection of the event. one sided.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
How is it "clearly an abuse of power"? You have one side of the story.

Let's see the video? WHy didn't he release it on facebook just like he did his story, it would give him alot more credibility? What is the false statement?

Troll along.
What is it with you crying troll along? I’m not trolling, I just disagree with your made up stories.

Kicking down his fence rather than opening the gate is clearly an abuse of power, and an example of how those cops conducted themselves that day. If your not smart enough to pick up on that, then I totally understand why you make stuff up.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:09 AM

Quote:
What is it with you crying troll along? I’m not trolling, I just disagree with your made up stories.

Kicking down his fence rather than opening the gate is clearly an abuse of power, and an example of how those cops conducted themselves that day. If your not smart enough to pick up on that, then I totally understand why you make stuff up.
What made up stories?
Old 07-11-2019, 10:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Making **** up? lol..

I guess giving facts about protocol and giving my opinion on a subject is making **** up?

lol.. Feelings hurt? Not at all..

umm.. What facts? It's all hearsay.. None of us were there.. David's video has is his recollection of the event. one sided.
Yes, you are making stuff up to try and make David less credible.

What is the facts of the protocol? Please be specific.

He has two videos, the one that’s got you all worked up and the one he recorded while it was going down, the one that was on the news this morning.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
What made up stories?

Heres some

Quote:
There's three sides to every story, this "victim" is crying wolf way to much for his story to be 100% legit (or be believed).

Agreed, but anytime someone vents like this on social media, their credibility drops significantly.

for EG..
If this happened to me (and my family), my first call would be to a lawyer (if this story is 100% truthful), who would then advise me not to talk to the media or be on social media.

2nd, if I did go to the media (which I wouldn't), the supposed video he/his wife was taking would've been out already.

10000% agreed.
Quote:
Bingo. Like I said, chances are good, him (and/or his brother) are probably known to police, and he's looking for a payout.
BTW, he said all he was looking for is an apology for his wife and kids, he never mentioned anything about a cash prize yet.

Last edited by Kurt505; 07-11-2019 at 10:19 AM.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Heres some
Bahaha.. You sir have reading comprehension issues.

So I'm not allowed to give my opinion on the subject? But you can bash the LEO's all you want?

pot... black..

Not sure why I'm defending myself to you, you seem to only read what you want to read.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Bahaha.. You sir have reading comprehension issues.

So I'm not allowed to give my opinion on the subject? But you can bash the LEO's all you want?

pot... black..

Not sure why I'm defending myself to you, you seem to only read what you want to read.
What are you talking about???

You brought a whole bunch of assumption into this thread, and you’re not even aware of the fact he has already posted the video of when it was going down. The media has copies of his videos.

Here’s your first post

Quote:
3 sides to every story. And there are big holes in his story.

$20 says he's known to police.

I’ll take you up on that $20. We’ll see if the piano teaching farmer is as hardened of criminal as you claim.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:03 AM

Police get a call from neighbour that they are being shot at. Fact.
Sees Police at neighbours place tells friends to wrap up shooting, hearsay.
Gets call from the Police, panics hangs up phone. Fact
Gets another call from Police complys with direction sort of. Fact
Police do a high risk takedown. Fact
No one hurt but some feelings fact.
If they were doing nothing wrong why wrap up their shooting?
Why hang up on the Police the first time.

It will be interesting to see and hear the Police video, the initial complaint, the first call and the second call to the guy, his videos to wrap it all up.

From the initial looks of it the Police did their job. In a ever changing enviroment responded properly.
Initial call shots fired. They call the guy he hangs up. Sorry but that is cause to rally the men and perform a takedown.

As for all the Police haters. Any day anytime go apply for the job and lead by example. Lead the change the Police need to be better in your eyes.
Or criticize them for every action they do that you do not agree with and be part of a larger problem.
Either way I hope when one reads facts, leaves emotions and opinions out a discussion that we can have real thread on the what happened. Or maybe we just have a bash the Police I can do better thread as normal.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3illy View Post
Most rcmp vehicles have dash cams, the ones that dont would be some under cover vehicles. I thought I've seen rcmp officers wearing body cameras but not sure everyone is wearing them.

Theres no reason for every police officer and their vehicles to be equipped with cameras.
But even then they can tamper with the footage. I personally have a video where the first 20 minutes of audio was removed. I mean completely removed, not just inaudible. Those first 20 minutes were the officer being completely unprofessional referring to a group of people by derogatory names and even stating someone was being charged based solely because of their sexual preferences. (He was openly gay and the only one charged even though he was just an accomplice) I have worked along side many police forces throughout Alberta. Most are very professional however the RCMP are just as corrupt as our politicians. I have personally witnessed uniformed officers selling drugs from marked cars, made arrests for violent crimes only to find out the suspect was driven a block away then released and even witnessed blatent extortion at charity events. I have filed arrest reports with SOLGEN only to have them say the officer has no recollection of the events. I have filed formal complaints and never heard a thing about it. Despite having a paid lawyer drop of the complaint directly into the duty sergeant's hands they say the complaint was never filed. One company I worked for will no longer accept any contract if the RCMP will be the responding force even though this probably cost them hundreds of thousands in lost revenue every year.
The problem is no one polices the police. Sure there is the Professional Standards Division but its still an internal investigation. ASIRT isn't really any better. The general public is not privied to the evidence only their decision if the incident was made public in the first place. There was a report released recently where the RCMP confirmed the loss of 813 firearms from police forces across Canada. This also included sub machine guns and a machine gun yet absolutely no mention of any action, let alone charges was taken against those officers. I'm sorry but based on what I have personally witnessed I have no love for the RCMP in fact I fear them because I strongly believe there is an above average chance that officer is a) to inept to know the actual laws, b) is power tipping in some way or c) is blatenly corrupt and knows he's is protected by a badge.

I am a very firm believer in the moto " To serve summons and protect themselves"

I cant watch the video the OP posted but I am inclined to believe there was excessive action taken based solely because it was a firearms call and negligence on the part of the officers if children were left running naked in the rain. The statement the RCMP released does not surprise me at all. After all they pay lawyers tax payers money to write statements that only show the positive outcomes. Even the little Triform note books they all carry have a section on how to BS the public by saying something important sounding but not revealing anything.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 07-11-2019, 11:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctd View Post
Police get a call from neighbour that they are being shot at. Fact.
Sees Police at neighbours place tells friends to wrap up shooting, hearsay.
Gets call from the Police, panics hangs up phone. Fact
Gets another call from Police complys with direction sort of. Fact
Police do a high risk takedown. Fact
No one hurt but some feelings fact.
If they were doing nothing wrong why wrap up their shooting?
Why hang up on the Police the first time.

It will be interesting to see and hear the Police video, the initial complaint, the first call and the second call to the guy, his videos to wrap it all up.

From the initial looks of it the Police did their job. In a ever changing enviroment responded properly.
Initial call shots fired. They call the guy he hangs up. Sorry but that is cause to rally the men and perform a takedown.

As for all the Police haters. Any day anytime go apply for the job and lead by example. Lead the change the Police need to be better in your eyes.
Or criticize them for every action they do that you do not agree with and be part of a larger problem.
Either way I hope when one reads facts, leaves emotions and opinions out a discussion that we can have real thread on the what happened. Or maybe we just have a bash the Police I can do better thread as normal.
Police get call from neighbor that they are being shot at- supposedly
Gets call from the Police, panics hangs up phone- supposedly
Gets another call from Police complys with direction sort of- suposedley
No one hurt but some feelings- false, from the sounds of it he may have suffered a shoulder injury.
Cops put up the wall of silence. Fact.

I agree that if he hung up then answered the follow up call it could be considered shady, and a high risk takedown could be in order..... however, a quick assessment after he is in cuffs and the whole situation could have been figured out and settled in a manner that was professional.

As for becoming a cop, just because they have a badge, doesn’t mean they should be a cop. As proven in the other video on the news of the cop who couldn’t control his emotions, not all cops deserve to be. So telling people they should be cops if they don’t agree with this type of law enforcement probably would only lead to more bad cops, something we don’t need. I know a few people, probably myself included who probably shouldn’t be a cop even though it’s just a few months training to become one.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Would you comment if you realized that you had been duped into taking part to this level, in a neighbors squabble? It might be interesting to find out who the neighbor is, and what status/influence, she has in the community.
Myself personally? Yes I would comment. I would make a formal apology to the people affected because if I was a Law Enforcement Officer, then that would mean that I am supposed to serve the public; not lay false charges against people in order to justify being duped. Mind you, I would also realize that two guys in a pasture with .22's are probably shooting gophers and that there is a very good chance that the person calling in the complaint simply made an error because the mainstream media does their best to panic people and to believe that everyone with a firearm is a mass shooter. There would have been no reason to apologize in the first place because I wouldn't handcuff two guys performing a legal activity based simply on what someone said, drag a family out of their home, arrest people without cause, and then not even have the decency to drive them home after realizing we screwed up forcing a guy to find his way home in the rain at 1:00 am. Some people here think that's just good Police work though....

Because the neighbor called it in as someone shooting at her, I would have her questioned as to exactly where the men were when they shot at her, then I would question her as to why there are no bullet holes in her home. If her story was bogus after being questioned, she would be the one being charged.

I have a feeling that her actions might be used as a template for how to royally mess up someone's life if you don't like them. Seriously, what is to stop anyone from calling in someone with a firearm and claiming that they either shot at them, or that they pointed it at them and threatened to kill them? For the people who think that this was all good and well, I think that they had better put themselves in that man's shoes and question how they would react if the exact same thing happened to them by someone with a grudge. Somehow I doubt they would be so supportive if it was their wife face down in the dirt for over an hour having guns pointed at them. All it takes is to for someone to know that you have a firearm for someone else to claim that you pointed it at them and threatened their life. Better hope you don't live near Strathmore if it happens to you....
Old 07-11-2019, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Myself personally? Yes I would comment. I would make a formal apology to the people affected because if I was a Law Enforcement Officer, then that would mean that I am supposed to serve the public; not lay false charges against people in order to justify being duped. Mind you, I would also realize that two guys in a pasture with .22's are probably shooting gophers and that there is a very good chance that the person calling in the complaint simply made an error because the mainstream media does their best to panic people and to believe that everyone with a firearm is a mass shooter. There would have been no reason to apologize in the first place because I wouldn't handcuff two guys performing a legal activity based simply on what someone said, drag a family out of their home, arrest people without cause, and then not even have the decency to drive them home after realizing we screwed up forcing a guy to find his way home in the rain at 1:00 am. Some people here think that's just good Police work though....

Because the neighbor called it in as someone shooting at her, I would have her questioned as to exactly where the men were when they shot at her, then I would question her as to why there are no bullet holes in her home. If her story was bogus after being questioned, she would be the one being charged.

I have a feeling that her actions might be used as a template for how to royally mess up someone's life if you don't like them. Seriously, what is to stop anyone from calling in someone with a firearm and claiming that they either shot at them, or that they pointed it at them and threatened to kill them? For the people who think that this was all good and well, I think that they had better put themselves in that man's shoes and question how they would react if the exact same thing happened to them by someone with a grudge. Somehow I doubt they would be so supportive if it was their wife face down in the dirt for over an hour having guns pointed at them. All it takes is to for someone to know that you have a firearm for someone else to claim that you pointed it at them and threatened their life. Better hope you don't live near Strathmore if it happens to you....
It takes integrity to admit that you were duped, and to take action to make things right.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Slow down there cowboy..

You guys really need to give your head a shake (you've already bought into the SJW koolaid this guy is feeding you, so you won't understand).

A gun was (allegedly) shot at civilians. RCMP are following protocol. Secure scene. End of story. That's what they were trying to do. Doesn't matter who is at that property, they are detained, until the scene is secure.

You guys really have no idea how law enforcement works. I'm done here.

just for the record, your "i'm done here" quote was followed by eight more comments from yourself, explaining that any negative views on what the cops did is invalid, and that we mere civilians are just a bunch of dolts.

but, keep on digging. its quite entertaining.