Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-09-2019, 09:36 PM

Default Stratmore and Chestamere police go MAD

The brave new world Sunny ways

https://www.facebook.com/david.dewol...3062630103425/
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:49 PM

The police were just doing there job
Way back when I was a manger of a large grocery store and the Pharmacy pressed the panic button can't remember if this was a mistake , talked to the 911 operator and was told the Calgary police had arrived, would I proceed to the main entrance and exit to meet the constable
When I exited the building and was meet with the officer pointing his gun directly and me- HANDS IN THE AIR , no big deal the guy was just doing his job, safety for both
No Big Deal
Old 07-09-2019, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordfishing View Post
The police were just doing there job.
No Big Deal
I hope you're joking.

Your comparable isn't really that similar.
Old 07-10-2019, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordfishing View Post
The police were just doing there job
Way back when I was a manger of a large grocery store and the Pharmacy pressed the panic button can't remember if this was a mistake , talked to the 911 operator and was told the Calgary police had arrived, would I proceed to the main entrance and exit to meet the constable
When I exited the building and was meet with the officer pointing his gun directly and me- HANDS IN THE AIR , no big deal the guy was just doing his job, safety for both
No Big Deal
I wonder if it would be no big deal if it was you and your wife being held at gunpoint and put face down on the ground after some anti saw you hunting and out of sheer spite claimed that you pointed your gun at them? Or how about laying a: "Failure to provide a breath sample" charge on a relative of yours when they were not even driving and just did it to teach them a lesson? Is that no big deal as well? Or how about a trained Police Officer who allows naked children to run out of the house and into the rain when they are supposed to be caring for them? Is that: "No Big Deal" as well; or just when it happens to others?
Old 07-10-2019, 09:41 AM

Default The official report

Strathmore, Alberta – The Strathmore RCMP responded to a weapons call on July 7 and based on the information received, effected a safe, high risk arrest.

At 7:45 p.m., the RCMP received a call of shots fired on a rural property. The information provided to the RCMP indicated that a male fired shots at people on a neighbouring property. Given the dangers and dynamics of this type of call to service, multiple RCMP members responded and contained the people who were believed to be involved.
No persons were injured during the resulting arrest. The safety of the RCMP and of the public in adjacent areas, as well as the safety of the subjects involved, was at all times the primary consideration.

The situation was resolved by provincial charges being sworn against two different adult males who were identified as shooting wildlife on the property.

The RCMP will provide no further commentary on this situation or on the video which is circulating.

https://www.canadapolicereport.ca/20...ts-fired-call/

If they were native it would have made the national news
Old 07-10-2019, 09:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
Strathmore, Alberta – The Strathmore RCMP responded to a weapons call on July 7 and based on the information received, effected a safe, high risk arrest.

At 7:45 p.m., the RCMP received a call of shots fired on a rural property. The information provided to the RCMP indicated that a male fired shots at people on a neighbouring property. Given the dangers and dynamics of this type of call to service, multiple RCMP members responded and contained the people who were believed to be involved.
No persons were injured during the resulting arrest. The safety of the RCMP and of the public in adjacent areas, as well as the safety of the subjects involved, was at all times the primary consideration.

The situation was resolved by provincial charges being sworn against two different adult males who were identified as shooting wildlife on the property.

The RCMP will provide no further commentary on this situation or on the video which is circulating.

If they were native it would have made the national news

What a bunch of liars!!!
Old 07-10-2019, 10:59 AM

Is “shooting at wildlife on the property” a crime? I understood that these were unrelated individuals shooting gophers and were in no way associated with the arrests or charges. To me, this completely discredits the RCMP as it appears as though they are grasping at straws trying to justify the high risk takedown and gain public sympathy by adding a statement that has no bearing on the actual charges.

Are the “provincial charges” referenced in the statement the failure to provide a breath sample? If so, that also damages the RCMP’s reputation as that law was enacted to enable the prosecution of drunk drivers, not as a piling on charge when they don’t have anything else that will stick.

Gerry Burnie
Old 07-10-2019, 11:03 AM
Banned

seems shooting gophers is illegal.
Old 07-10-2019, 09:48 AM

I think he lost a lot of credibility when he started screaming about having to replace his gate. Near the top of his lungs, almost crying after everything else that was the worst part?

When you watch COPS or Border Security or any show involving live take-down the (alleged) criminal is standing there with a needle in his front pocket, knife in his boot, handgun in the belt, brass knuckles in the back pocket- you are getting what I am getting to here I hope, denying everything. 'that's not mine, you planted it, I have never seen that needle before, they are my sister's jeans, that's mom's gun'....

This guy could be lying about everything, looking for a huge go-fund-me, they have worked in the past.

Only he knows what truly happened, we may never hear it.

if he is lying and covering something up he may truly believe he is in the right. Whatever happens I hope the truth is found and the mess is straightened out.

I think this is a case of him having watched too many of the you-tube video's where the SJW's walk around with an ar-15 looking for a LEO to go after them, or the guys that claim they do not have to comply with the Police, roll down the window 1/4" hoping for a window to be smashed and go viral.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 07-10-2019, 09:59 AM

No, there are a bunch of RCMP officers who know what truly happened as well. The well rehearsed testimony of them, versus of the testimony of a farmer and his wife....see where this is going?

I can guarantee you you’ll never know the truth. The best you can hope for is that a crazy neighbour or girlfriend never ‘swats’ you!
Old 07-10-2019, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I think he lost a lot of credibility when he started screaming about having to replace his gate. Near the top of his lungs, almost crying after everything else that was the worst part?

When you watch COPS or Border Security or any show involving live take-down the (alleged) criminal is standing there with a needle in his front pocket, knife in his boot, handgun in the belt, brass knuckles in the back pocket- you are getting what I am getting to here I hope, denying everything. 'that's not mine, you planted it, I have never seen that needle before, they are my sister's jeans, that's mom's gun'....

This guy could be lying about everything, looking for a huge go-fund-me, they have worked in the past.

if he is lying and covering something up he may truly believe he is in the right. Whatever happens I hope the truth is found and the mess is straightened out.

I think this is a case of him having watched too many of the you-tube video's where the SJW's walk around with an ar-15 looking for a LEO to go after them, or the guys that claim they do not have to comply with the Police, roll down the window 1/4" hoping for a window to be smashed and go viral.
Bingo. Like I said, chances are good, him (and/or his brother) are probably known to police, and he's looking for a payout.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_AOL View Post
Bingo. Like I said, chances are good, him (and/or his brother) are probably known to police, and he's looking for a payout.
What did you base this on? The police went through the guys house and never found anything illegal. The home owner was released.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:00 AM

Quote:

He could be lying about everything, but then again, he may not be lying, and he isn't the only one that knows what really happened, the police officers that were present also know what happened.

As expected, you used your imagination, to dream up scenarios involving handguns, needles, brass knuckles and AR-15s, to try and discredit the person, and defend the police. But seeing as how the police report mentioned zero charges against the homeowner,and only provincial charges against the two shooters, obviously there were no illegal handguns, needles, brass knuckles or AR-15s present, so your dreamed up B.S. scenarios are total nonsense.
Old 07-10-2019, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
He could be lying about everything, but then again, he may not be lying, and he isn't the only one that knows what really happened, the police officers that were present also know what happened.

As expected, you used your imagination, to dream up scenarios involving handguns, needles, brass knuckles and AR-15s, to try and discredit the person, and defend the police. But seeing as how the police report mentioned zero charges against the homeowner,and only provincial charges against the two shooters, obviously there were no illegal handguns, needles, brass knuckles or AR-15s present, so your dreamed up B.S. scenarios are total nonsense.
As expected you are just looking for a fight, standing on your soapbox spouting trash.
I think your reading comprehension needs work. Insaid 'if you watch cops' and criminals always lie.
Actually you arent worth the effort, you are boring and exhausting. Nevermind.

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 07-10-2019, 10:02 AM

Well, I suppose the RCMP could just release all their body cam footage and show that this guy is an absolute liar who is lying about everything and just looking for go fund me cash.

I also hope that they have actual evidence to have charged the two men; such as bullet holes in the house- since the neighbour claimed that they were shooting at her. Otherwise, all it takes to really screw up someone's life is to call 911 and say that someone pointed a gun at you. Because if that's all it takes, I could see Anti's going out during hunting season and waiting near the vehicles of hunters so they can give an accurate description of the hunter, their vehicle, and then call 911 claiming that the hunter pointed their rifle at them and threatened their life.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Hunter Okotoks View Post
Well, I suppose the RCMP could just release all their body cam footage and show that this guy is an absolute liar who is lying about everything and just looking for go fund me cash.

I also hope that they have actual evidence to have charged the two men; such as bullet holes in the house- since the neighbour claimed that they were shooting at her. Otherwise, all it takes to really screw up someone's life is to call 911 and say that someone pointed a gun at you. Because if that's all it takes, I could see Anti's going out during hunting season and waiting near the vehicles of hunters so they can give an accurate description of the hunter, their vehicle, and then call 911 claiming that the hunter pointed their rifle at them and threatened their life.
It's too bad all officers aren't required to wear body cams, there would never be any doubt as to what happened in any situation. But then again , do the police really want everything they do while on duty being recorded? Just look at how video effected the Vancouver airport incident.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:
.....the (alleged) criminal is standing there with a needle in his front pocket, knife in his boot, handgun in the belt, brass knuckles in the back pocket- you are getting what I am getting to here I hope, denying everything. 'that's not mine, you planted it, I have never seen that needle before, they are my sister's jeans, that's mom's gun'....
I understand what you're getting at, but I see no evidence of needles, knives, guns, brass knuckles, etc. in this situation.
Old 07-10-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I understand what you're getting at, but I see no evidence of needles, knives, guns, brass knuckles, etc. in this situation.
Read it again.
'When you watch cops, they stand there pockets loaded' saying not mine- was the intent of the reply

Old 07-10-2019, 12:25 PM
Banned

Quote:

Your definition of SJW is horribly wrong, FYI.
Old 07-10-2019, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTailAB View Post
Ok

Old 07-10-2019, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTailAB View Post
Is it ever.

-Billy Molls
Old 07-11-2019, 08:47 AM

Quote:

Ken you hit the nail on the head with this one. Too much law/authority condemnation with no true knowledge of all the facts.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:03 AM

It's sad today when the RCMP feel it's an us verses them approach to situations involving civilians. Not all . How many officers feel the way the one I talked with feel." I hope I get a good call tonight" , me " What's that?" "One where I get to pull my gun" . Not all cops are bad but not all are good. This situation is a crap show and should be investigated but the chance of LEO finding they did something wrong is minimal.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:14 AM

Reads like the lady has a grudge with her neighbour and exploited the cops. Seen it happen when you report someone for a wildlife act infraction, theft, trespassing, illegal discharge or impound their cat, call bylaws on them etc etc etc....lol.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:49 PM

This is nutz! I'm speechless
Old 07-09-2019, 10:02 PM

So why arrest the homeowner, who didn't meet the description of the person with the firearm, when they already had the people that did meet the description in custody? As to leaving a two year old, and a four year old unattended, and naked outside in the rain, that was totally irresponsible.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:13 PM

Last edited by Oldan Grumpi; 07-09-2019 at 10:31 PM.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:28 PM

3 sides to every story. And there are big holes in his story.

$20 says he's known to police.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:37 PM

Wow!! Talk about being speechless, that is un-believeable.

Pin
Old 07-09-2019, 10:40 PM

Training exercise, they just got their days mixed up.