Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 09-25-2017, 04:39 PM

Default Cabelas ripped me....

so i ordered the frabill shelter....didnt hear anything...so i called them back...they said...ohhh we dont have it......and offered this.....

anyone use this kind of shack?

http://www.cabelas.ca/product/96982/...er-ice-shelter

they will sell it to me for 400 bucks....i know its not as good.....but what can i do? I was at WWS and nothing has changed there....they dont even have any winter stuff like shacks out......still all 10% off.....

but the buddy heater is on sale at cabelas ...the mid sized one....not the mini or the monster....i think it will heat up a 2 man shack good enough.....

the other guy on this site ordered 3 of the same shack i did...i wonder if he got his???

happy
Old 09-25-2017, 04:49 PM

So just to clarify. You ordered a shack and paid them. Then they couldn't provide the one you ordered so they gave you a substitute?
Old 09-25-2017, 05:47 PM

I gave them my credit card number....ill call bmp and see if they charged it...
Old 09-25-2017, 05:56 PM

So 3 weeks ago I ordered it...gave them my CC #....they said in about 8 days they will call me to come pick it up. 3 weeks later I called...they said...ohhh we don't have it...and said they will give me the cruzer for the same price.i called my credit card company..30 min wait....but I don't think my card was charged.....

Is this new flip up substitute ok? Not as good as the frabill....so kinda ****ed....another guy on this site called and they said we have 3 left...so he bought them all.....

Stupid
Old 09-25-2017, 06:27 PM

I am in the same boat. I called them last week, kept getting told we can cancel your order. I don't want to cancel the order, I want the ice shelter.

We should get together, combine efforts to get something comparable. The shelter they want to replace it with isn't even close to the same quality.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:33 PM

Exactly bra.....i think this

http://www.cabelas.ca/product/79979/...p-flip-shelter

Maybe we could do it for 499.99 .....we pay 100 extra.....

Pm me maybe we can figure this out.....
Old 09-25-2017, 06:46 PM

The same thing happened to me when I ordered an Eskimo Mako auger last winter. Tried to get it sent to the Edmonton North location. I wait a week and a half before I finally call the store and they tell me to wait another few days. I call back and I get the run around between customer service and the shipping guys. Finally I call the main number in Manitoba, they tell me they ran out of stock (despite the website showing there were still at least 70% left at the time I ordered) but they weren't going to tell me for about another week. Sorry, they say. I complain enough and finally they give me the same deal I would have got on the Mako on the Shark model.

Long story short, I feel your frustration
Old 09-25-2017, 08:04 PM

Get a refund. Take your business elsewhere. That is your only recourse that actually will result in punitive action against them.

Taking an "exchange" still let's them collect your money and support them.

If you choose to take a suitable exchange and keep your money with Cabela's that's your choice.

I'm pretty sure I would be pretty darn ticked off they were happy to take my money in exchange for a product they promised in return and then changed the deal.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:10 PM

Well.....if anyone knows of a 2 man flip up that's good....and a good deal .please let me know....ill just deal with this the best I can.....ohh well....things could be much worse....my good neighbour has just been told she has left then a week to live....long story....

So this ain't too bad.....
Happy
Old 09-25-2017, 08:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyfisher View Post
Well.....if anyone knows of a 2 man flip up that's good....and a good deal .please let me know....ill just deal with this the best I can.....ohh well....things could be much worse....my good neighbour has just been told she has left then a week to live....long story....

So this ain't too bad.....
Happy
What about The Fishin Hole?
Old 09-25-2017, 08:28 PM

Get an Otter Shelter, last you a life time.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:38 PM

I have only set up a Cruzer and played with it in store but I think they are pieces of junk...
Old 09-25-2017, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Exactly bra.....i think this

http://www.cabelas.ca/product/79979/...p-flip-shelter

Maybe we could do it for 499.99 .....we pay 100 extra.....

Pm me maybe we can figure this out.....
I'm in!

EZM, where else to go in South Alta, no fishing hole in Lethbridge, wholesale closing, getting slim pickin to choose from!
Old 09-25-2017, 08:41 PM

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-fishing-camp...ationFlag=true

Race to see who gets it first lol.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:24 PM

Talk to the guys at fishing hole. When they place their orders for Frabill stuff or whatever out of the states from Winnipeg they can custom order the exact shack you want. Call you when in it's in Edmonton. No extra freight expense etc that way, just comes out in their regular load of stuff. That's what I did and really glad I did. Maybe not the least expensive way like just buying one off the floor on sale somewhere or whatever but at least I got exactly what I wanted right from the factory, no compromises, no disappointments!!! And if it cost me say an extra 100 bucks to do it well I figure I've probably spent a 100 bucks on worse things before so was happy with the results. Good luck!
Old 09-25-2017, 09:32 PM

If I recall Doug Scherk (spelling) you may know him from pro staff etc or of him is/was at GPS Central if I recall. I think he may have told me himself or friend was bringing in Otter flip over products. They make an awesome flip over. I believe Peavey Mart can and does order as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouleerunner View Post
I'm in!

EZM, where else to go in South Alta, no fishing hole in Lethbridge, wholesale closing, getting slim pickin to choose from!
Old 09-25-2017, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygringo View Post
If I recall Doug Scherk (spelling) you may know him from pro staff etc or of him is/was at GPS Central if I recall. I think he may have told me himself or friend was bringing in Otter flip over products. They make an awesome flip over. I believe Peavey Mart can and does order as well.
I don't know / haven't heard of him.

Point remains, no good retailers in the south anymore. Online works, but the OP has it nailed. We ordered, please supply our order, or something equal or better. It's called customer service!
Old 09-25-2017, 11:21 PM

Quote:
so i ordered the frabill shelter....didnt hear anything...so i called them back...they said...ohhh we dont have it......and offered this.....

they will sell it to me for 400 bucks....i know its not as good.....but what can i do? I was at WWS and nothing has changed there....they dont even have any winter stuff like shacks out......still all 10% off.....

but the buddy heater is on sale at cabelas ...the mid sized one....not the mini or the monster....i think it will heat up a 2 man shack good enough.....

the other guy on this site ordered 3 of the same shack i did...i wonder if he got his???

happy
I love the marketing on this one: the NEW Digi-Camo Pattern.

Is that so other fishermen can't see where you are fishing?
Old 09-25-2017, 11:24 PM

Kouleerunner is my buddy that didnt receive his. Myself and another buddy both received ours. I havent built mine yet but my other buddy built his and has missing parts. He left emails with frabill and has not heard back from them at all.

Cabelas needs to do the right thing and order the huts and get them to the people who have paid for them or offer them the next step up in huts.

That cruzer is no where near as good as the frabill.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:25 AM

Call the fishing hole. They can ship stuff to you like everyone else. I live in airdrie and very seldom go into those stores. It's like going to buy my fishing and hunting gear from Canadian tire or Walmart. Not to mention thier sales suck. Wow save 10 bucks on a 150 dollar item.

Last edited by michaelmicallef; 09-26-2017 at 07:47 AM.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npauls View Post
Kouleerunner is my buddy that didnt receive his. Myself and another buddy both received ours. I havent built mine yet but my other buddy built his and has missing parts. He left emails with frabill and has not heard back from them at all.

Cabelas needs to do the right thing and order the huts and get them to the people who have paid for them or offer them the next step up in huts.

That cruzer is no where near as good as the frabill.
Frabill has bad customer service.

That is why they are cheaper.

Guys should support quality companies like Eskimo and Otter.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:33 AM

Personally wouldn't turn the world inside out for any frabill product. I think their tents are junk. Just a matter of time till the zippers pile up or worse. My money goes to the good folks at the fishin hole whenever possible. The otter brand is ten times the tent as any frabill. Just my opinion.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:41 AM

Sounds like a bait and switch to me:
http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/e...eng/03798.html
Old 09-26-2017, 11:03 AM

Quote:
.my good neighbour has just been told she has left then a week to live....long story....

Happy
Awww that's awful. I am sorry, what a terrible thing to go through.
I just don't have the words...

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 09-26-2017, 01:18 PM

I have the Eskimo Flipmo 2 Inferno.

I bought it from The Fishin' Hole a couple years ago and didn't set up until last fall. Used it a few times last year and it was great. Was too heavy to pull by hand but was great behind my Polaris Ranger. Seats were comfy and lots of room, the insulated fabric was great as well. Adding the runner kit this year.
Old 09-26-2017, 01:39 PM

runner kit eh? i was gunna use skis that rotate 90 degrees to the black plastic sled.....just need to fabricate brackets......im still working on cabelas....but thanks for the bait and switch thing above...more fire power.....

happy
Old 09-26-2017, 02:26 PM

Different company, but I had Canadian Tire try to do the same thing to me on a Pfleuger Patriarch reel at 50% off. When it wasn't in stock anymore they tried to give me a much cheaper Quantum for the same price, which would have been a 30% discount. I went into the store with a print out of my order and talked to someone there. They ended up giving me a Stradic Ci4+ for the same price as the Patriarch.

Point of the story is to go into the store with the proof of your purchase and discount that was provided, find a similar unit that you like, and get the same discount applied. It may not always work, but it is definitely worth a shot.

SS

YouTube: Harder Outdoors
Instagram: @harderoutdoors
FB: HarderOutdoors
Old 09-26-2017, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinwahkly View Post
Get an Otter Shelter, last you a life time.
THIS^^^

The otter is the best made shelter on the market.
Old 09-27-2017, 04:26 AM

Which model Frabill ?
I would get my money back and shop , TFH !

Gonna get me a 16" perch.

Last edited by Kim473; 09-27-2017 at 04:34 AM.
Old 09-27-2017, 05:44 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:

happy
If not happy with thier version of second choice you can ask for a refund.
Or ask tomuse the money towards a store credit...there are ways to be happy with the outcome.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...