Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-22-2017, 02:54 PM
Banned

Default Anti-hunters hate us even more

My cousin who is a vegan and hates me for hunting posted this on my Facebook and claims all hunters are like this. Some of the comments on there are brutal. People saying the hunter should have been blinded and his genitals cut off. Others saying arms cut off. Some even said death sentence would be adequate. Not sure how an animals life is greater to or equal to that of a human.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...301983?cmp=rss

Last edited by gloszz; 09-22-2017 at 03:07 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloszz View Post
My cousin who is a vegan and hates me for hunting payed this on my Facebook and claims all hunters are like this. Some of the comments on there are brutal. People saying the hunter should have been blinded and his genitals cut off. Others saying arms cut off. Some even said death sentence would be adequate. Not sure how am animals life is greater to or equal to that of a human.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...301983?cmp=rss
Nothing new , I ran into this 50 years ago.
Only now they have the internet instead of letters to the editor or passing people on the street , doing crap like throwing red dye on people wearing fur coats.

Cat
Old 09-22-2017, 03:54 PM

The world is out of balance in every respect. I received death threats while running an excavator while doing demolition work in Ft Mcmurray after the wild fires burned through the town. They said "You are making too much dust". So, a group of men threatened to kill me while I was working. Seriously.

My point is you can run into people hating you for just about anything. Just dont pay it any attention is my advice.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:10 PM
Banned

Those comments and threats by the furhugger brigade are motivating me big time! I can't wait to harvest something big (legally and ethically of course) and post videos up. I doubt any one of those fine examples of our fellow humans truly would risk life no parole for 25 yrs.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:40 PM

So many out of balance is right!! Narrow minded and near sighted also!!
Old 09-22-2017, 04:48 PM

I dont agree with the comments etc. But i could not find any info why the bear was shot. If it was poaching and not a self defense shooting i agree the penalties were too soft. I find too many hunters here posting stories afraid of bears saying they would shoot a bear if it came within 100yards? I agree there should be a restricted grizz hunt ive been seeing them more often where i hunt. But ive never had any issues with one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2017, 06:55 PM

Yet they wear leather shoes...
Old 09-22-2017, 08:08 PM

This story is 100% from the anti side. There is a whole lot more to the story. The bear was not poached is all I will say.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:12 PM
Banned

The moral of the story - make sure your target isn't wearing a collar.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Eagle View Post
This story is 100% from the anti side. There is a whole lot more to the story. The bear was not poached is all I will say.
Read the part about huge fine for being in possession of wildlife concerning the bear
Not poached?
Cat
Old 09-22-2017, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Only now they have the internet instead of letters to the editor or passing people on the street , doing crap like throwing red dye on people wearing fur coats.

Cat
Ive heard of the red dye as well cat .. Throwing it on me would get them their own personal suit of their own red dye .
Old 09-22-2017, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H380 View Post
Ive heard of the red dye as well cat .. Throwing it on me would get them their own personal suit of their own red dye .
The news articles I read in my youth, interestingly enough it was only women who were getting attacked, and it was in mid town cities, never in a place like Ftt. Vermilion, Ft. McMurray, Dawson, Lac La Biche,or any other town where trapping and hunting were as much a part of life as reading the morning paper with your coffee!
Cat
Old 09-22-2017, 09:26 PM
Banned

Default Luckily most of these antis

Are unable to breed.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Read the part about huge fine for being in possession of wildlife concerning the bear
Not poached?
Cat
I know nothing about the circumstances- but it's possible the bear was shot in self defence and they made some bad decisions after the fact to keep grizzly parts.

Best thing we hunters can do about anti's (and the undecideds) is to be respectful and ethical in the field and to share what we love about hunting, wild places and wild meat with others. Be good role models and introduce others. Then these types of cases will look more like what they are - exceptions.
Old 09-23-2017, 12:37 PM

Ya these Anti's are pretty nuts. Tried having a civil conversation with a few. And tried explaining the role of hunting in wildlife management. They could care less about facts.
They are especially crazy over Beers. They probably watched Whinnie the Pooh to much as a kid.
Try listening to a PETA speaker at a conference. Pure insanity. She makes the case we are all "Racists" because Animals are a race, I guess. And we kill them.
Old 09-23-2017, 12:55 PM

I have had a couple run in's with antis in the past who interrupted my hunt and ruined my chances of having any luck in that area. The next time it happens I will be calling fish and wildlife and reporting it. It is an offence under the wildlife act to disrupt a lawfully conducted hunt. If someone doesn't like hunting that is up to them but if they take it to the point where they ruin my hunt I will be calling them out on it.
Old 09-23-2017, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Anti-hunters hate us even more
That's okay i don't care for them either no worries
Old 09-23-2017, 05:14 PM

I keep hoping that Veganism includes not wanting to kill those poor bacteria and viruses, it would pretty much solve the issue.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:30 PM

You can find hypocrites everywhere, even right here on this forum.
Old 09-24-2017, 08:17 PM

It's a good thing anti's don't like guns because they should never be allowed to own them! They are nuts!
Old 09-24-2017, 10:18 PM

Quote:

Cat
I own a 15,000 dollar mink coat that was was my mothers. If someone did that to me, someone is going to the hospital, and it isn't going to be me.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:01 AM

Default Eatting Meat

My hunting buddy always says, "I don't believe I have the right to eat meat unless I'm willing to look the animal in the eye and pull the trigger." Ignorance is bliss for people who are against hunting, but buy their meat from Costco.

As for vegans, I educate them on how wildlife management (hunting) actually helps our fury friends. Nothing natural about thousands of geese reproducing in city parks with zero predators. Non controlled herds spread disease and make for a hard winter if there are more animals then the land can sustain. - Not sure I can back that up, but it makes for a good argument, lol.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:08 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorboy10 View Post
So many out of balance is right!! Narrow minded and near sighted also!!
Yup,and this pertains to many other aspects of life...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 09-25-2017, 08:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikanit View Post
I own a 15,000 dollar mink coat that was was my mothers. If someone did that to me, someone is going to the hospital, and it isn't going to be me.

Ohhh the tough guy talk again.... I agree with you in theory but even under the guise of self defence you would lose your PAL, your guns, no more hunting, then be faced with 5 digits (or more) of legal bills, few years through the courts, maybe a few psych assessments, then some more courts/counselling and then you might get it all back. All because you had less self control than some loser hippy vegan.

C'mon. I thought we're supposed to be better than that?
Old 09-25-2017, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav_edge_308 View Post
Ohhh the tough guy talk again.... I agree with you in theory but even under the guise of self defence you would lose your PAL, your guns, no more hunting, then be faced with 5 digits (or more) of legal bills, few years through the courts, maybe a few psych assessments, then some more courts/counselling and then you might get it all back. All because you had less self control than some loser hippy vegan.

C'mon. I thought we're supposed to be better than that?
No you got it wrong. I would just punch them. I can take an assault charge for the sake of my mother. I took one years ago when I was 18 because I was protecting a friend who was being kicked in the head while having a seizure after a girl punched her. She was going to kill her and I had no choice.

I'm not a guy either, I'm a 55 year old female raised with 4 brothers so I learned to not take crap. If someone came at me like that, my reaction would be instantaneous. I am certainly not violent but I would SNAP with that.

On the other side I have dealt with antihunters before, and completely disarmed them from getting ready to be violent with my husband (had to, guy was bellying up to my super strong but level headed hubbie, and I knew it wasn't going ro turn out well for the guy). I stepped out from behind the truck and was totally nice to him (and his wife I might add). It was like a balloon that slowly deflated. Completely won them over by the time I was done. They ended up being surprised by the actual elk tag holder which was me.

There are times for non violence yes, you are right. But like I said...I wouldn't be able to stop myself if someone did an act of violence and assaulted me by destroying my mom's coat that she in turn, had inherited from her mom. If you ever seen it, it is in pristine condition. I rarely wear it...only for special occasions.

But I do admire your argument. Sometimes in other situarions like my experience with them, it is the right thing to do. It really depends on a situation with me.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
No you got it wrong. I would just punch them. I can take an assault charge for the sake of my mother. I took one years ago when I was 18 because I was protecting a friend who was being kicked in the head while having a seizure after a girl punched her. She was going to kill her and I had no choice.

I'm not a guy either, I'm a 55 year old female raised with 4 brothers so I learned to not take crap. If someone came at me like that, my reaction would be instantaneous. I am certainly not violent but I would SNAP with that.

On the other side I have dealt with antihunters before, and completely disarmed them from getting ready to be violent with my husband (had to, guy was bellying up to my super strong but level headed hubbie, and I knew it wasn't going ro turn out well for the guy). I stepped out from behind the truck and was totally nice to him (and his wife I might add). It was like a balloon that slowly deflated. Completely won them over by the time I was done. They ended up being surprised by the actual elk tag holder which was me.

There are times for non violence yes, you are right. But like I said...I wouldn't be able to stop myself if someone did an act of violence and assaulted me by destroying my mom's coat that she in turn, had inherited from her mom. If you ever seen it, it is in pristine condition. I rarely wear it...only for special occasions.

But I do admire your argument. Sometimes in other situarions like my experience with them, it is the right thing to do. It really depends on a situation with me.

Ohh I totally appreciate and understand that... it's just that there's so much tough guy talk everywhere online these days lol it's hard to tell genuine people like yourself from the all too common keyboard commandos haha
Old 09-25-2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:

You go girl! I hate that saying but sometimes it works.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:28 PM

Told a friends wife I would be hunting all fall and she got real mad and said she would have to sit me down for a veggie lecture. This woman is from the east coast and thinks it's perfectly fine to drop a live lobster into boiling water but wrong to shoot a deer. I would never get the time back if I tried to reason with her but I did tell her to listen to the screams next time she pulled a carrot or an onion from the garden.
Old 09-26-2017, 01:43 PM

You cannot please all of the people all of the time. I don't understand a lot of life styles and yet I have no problem accepting them. It doesn't matter to me if its a member of the LGBT community, the hunting community or any race or religious community. I think we all have a place here on this earth. I get upset when I am told I have to accept the views of others and then something I believe in gets slammed and that I, and the collection of like minded individuals I tend to surround myself with are made out to be monsters.

Well its self affirmation, I do think that the outdoors life style of camping, hunting and fishing has a great deal of qualities and good people and this is a bigoted stance that would be deemed unacceptable in other instances.

Rob