Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-16-2017, 07:34 PM
Banned

Default SCI Calgary

I was curious if anyone could give me some info on SCI Calgary. I'm currently a member of the Ducks chapter in my area, as well as Delta Waterfowl's Calgary chapter. I'm just looking to expand my passion, meet like minded people and hopefully some hunting friends all while promoting conservation and proper ethics.

I'm looking to volunteer and help out with events etc.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Old 08-17-2017, 07:31 AM

If looking for a chapter with lots of Outfitter influence Calgary and Red Deer are where to join.
If looking for chapter where volunteers do good work look north to Drayton Valley and further north.
OR join AFGA affiliate group in Calgary and surrounding area. Sarcee Fish & Game, Calgary Fish and Game and others
Old 08-17-2017, 09:56 PM

We have said it before but it obviously warrants repeating..... A lot has changed at SCI in calgary in the last 2 years. We invite any members to join our meetings which we hold monthly and see what we are doing. Or visit our website. If your not a member, become one and contribute your ideas.... One of our biggest ongoing goals is fighting the antis. I don't know of a hunter anywhere that can't get behind that!

I have PM'd the OP. Others feel free to PM me if you want more info.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:44 PM

SCI does some good things, there are a few of their fundamentals I disagree with. You can't always agree with every group fighting the good fight.

LC
Old 08-17-2017, 10:58 PM

Ive supported and contributed a lot to Drayton Valley in the past. They run a good deal!
Old 08-18-2017, 08:36 AM

Default Volunteer work

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenC68 View Post
I was curious if anyone could give me some info on SCI Calgary. I'm currently a member of the Ducks chapter in my area, as well as Delta Waterfowl's Calgary chapter. I'm just looking to expand my passion, meet like minded people and hopefully some hunting friends all while promoting conservation and proper ethics.

I'm looking to volunteer and help out with events etc.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
You should consider AHEIA---they have offices in Calgary and Edmonton---they encompass all aspects of shooting, hunting and outdoor rec and education. They have many volunteers and are always looking for more.
Bill