Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-14-2017, 08:51 PM
Banned

Default Charles Adler anti hunting rant tonight

Tuned into 630 ched and Charles Adler had some random dude(joe MacFarlane?) chatting. Somehow the topic on bc banning the grizzly trophy hunt popped up and the two of them went on an anti hunting rant.

His guest mentioned grizzly hunting isnt as popular in alberta because hunters need to get a tag. LOL

Adler went on to call hunting satism in its purest form. They talked about truck hunters blowing away deer from their windows and mentioned how anyone could kill a defenseless deer.

Apparently his guest was raised as an outdoorsmen/country kid but he somehow has a very biased anti hunting view.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:14 PM

When I want to go to sleep I listen to Adler!

BW
Old 08-14-2017, 09:35 PM

I find it hard to listen to adler anymore seems like he is going senile in his old age. so tired to hear how much he hates trump, I am no trump fan but do not need to hear about it every day.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyharris View Post
I find it hard to listen to adler anymore seems like he is going senile in his old age. so tired to hear how much he hates trump, I am no trump fan but do not need to hear about it every day.
Adler is an idiot, becoming more so in his old age, must be that Sierrasil crap he pushes just as incessantly.

Grizz
Old 08-15-2017, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3illy View Post
Adler went on to call hunting satism in its purest form. They talked about truck hunters blowing away deer from their windows and mentioned how anyone could kill a defenseless deer.
Guess Adler must be a vegan.... cattle ranching outdoes hunting in terms of "cruelty" by a mile. I've been to brandings and eaten the fresh prairie oysters, nevermind what happens at the meat packing plant. A 30 cal bullet in the heart while grazing in the wild is humane.

(and no, I'm not criticizing cattle ranching at all)
Old 08-15-2017, 09:25 AM

Ironic how grizzlies are so endangered in AB that we cant hunt them,yet they've expanded bait ban eastward into my home unit(507) because there's too many grizzlies,go figger??
Great job bear huggers....now along with a growing population of grizzlies in the backyard,we're gonna be overrun with nuisance black bears as well in a few short years with nobody putting any serious effort into hunting them.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
When I want to go to sleep I listen to Adler!

BW
It's gentlemen like Adler that remind me why I enjoy hunting and how ignorant most people are on the subject

I actually invite him out with me\us some time so that he can form an opinion based on real life experience instead of providing commentary rooted in make believe and fairy tale. At least then I could take him half seriously.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleat View Post
It's gentlemen like Adler that remind me why I enjoy hunting and how ignorant most people are on the subject

I actually invite him out with me\us some time so that he can form an opinion based on real life experience instead of providing commentary rooted in make believe and fairy tale. At least then I could take him half seriously.
You know he will never take you up on your offer, if you should make it.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:47 PM

Unfortunately, yeah.

I can honestly say that anyone I've ever brought out to shoot has had a blast. Pun intended. Ironically enough, especially those who were the most apprehensive and nervous. A female friend enjoyed it so much she actually took the course, got her RPAL and has a membership herself.

Hunting has been the same experience. Don't knock it 'til you try it Mr.Adler.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:52 AM

Alder has turned into a complete idiot the last couple years. I didn't mind him, but now he is so opinionated he should have to pay for airtime.