Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-14-2022, 07:50 AM

I can't be bothered to listen to rap crap, let alone watch it happen.
Old 02-14-2022, 08:23 AM

I think the one who produced the show should have made a political statement and cut the power when M & M took a knee.... No matter what you thought of the show, it was a disgrace to the producer, organizers and public.
Old 02-14-2022, 08:33 AM

Not my thing but I am more hard rock and metal so my music would still make old people cry
Old 02-14-2022, 08:35 AM

Default It was mediocre

Meh. As far as Modern Spectacles go? It coulda been worse.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg something's.jpg (22.4 KB, 51 views)

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 02-14-2022, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledhead71 View Post
I think the one who produced the show should have made a political statement and cut the power when M & M took a knee.... No matter what you thought of the show, it was a disgrace to the producer, organizers and public.
He took a knee during the 2 PAC song and it was in honour of him.

But ok……
Old 02-14-2022, 09:19 AM

What is this thread about?
Old 02-14-2022, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchhand View Post
What is this thread about?
Not a thing!!
Old 02-14-2022, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
He took a knee during the 2 PAC song and it was in honour of him.

But ok……
I have no idea who 2 PAC was until you commented... It appears his death was 1996, over 25 years ago.... Reports I read and what I seen show otherwise.

Why did Eminem want to kneel at Super Bowl?
The rapper's decision to kneel with his hand on his head appeared to be a show of solidarity for former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick and other football players who have kneeled during the national anthem to protest racial inequity and police brutality.

Political statements do not belong in the Half Time Show, his statement will certainly hurt any other R&B or Rap performers from ever performing during the Super Bowl again..
Old 02-14-2022, 09:22 AM

pretty crappy to me, my 30-something year old daughter's heroes
Old 02-14-2022, 09:24 AM

Quote:
I have no idea who 2 PAC was until you commented... It appears his death was 1996, over 25 years ago.... Reports I read and what I seen show otherwise.

Why did Eminem want to kneel at Super Bowl?
The rapper's decision to kneel with his hand on his head appeared to be a show of solidarity for former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick and other football players who have kneeled during the national anthem to protest racial inequity and police brutality.

Political statements do not belong in the Half Time Show, his statement will certainly hurt any other R&B or Rap performers from ever performing during the Super Bowl again..
There is currently a bunch of opinions and views on this that it was to keep the Colin Kapernik thing going and there are others saying it was in honour of Tupac.

All i know is that seeing Dr Dre during that performance was pretty cool. He’s the most believable doctor I have seen on TV in the last two years…. LMAO
Old 02-14-2022, 09:28 AM

Also want the add the game itself … feels like Vegas had their hand all over it .cmon first half no score(13-10) for the last 10 min and the o/u spread was 23.5 over/under , and that fumble kick for the extra point. Rams lost the spread 4.5 whole game and the 3.5 at the half .
Old 02-14-2022, 09:30 AM

Isn't rap music a contradiction in terms?
Old 02-14-2022, 09:33 AM

Quote:
There is currently a bunch of opinions and views on this that it was to keep the Colin Kapernik thing going and there are others saying it was in honour of Tupac.

All i know is that seeing Dr Dre during that performance was pretty cool. He’s the most believable doctor I have seen on TV in the last two years…. LMAO
I think it was paying homage to Tupac , California dreams. And dr playing the piano , snoop just brought the death row record and all it’s music .
Old 02-14-2022, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtank View Post
I think it was paying homage to Tupac , California dreams. And dr playing the piano , snoop just brought the death row record and all it’s music .
Agreed!!
Old 02-14-2022, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtank View Post
Quote:
Agreed!!
We all know the recent political situation and statement with the NFL and taking a knee... To be fooled by misdirection of a death that was over two decades ago is not supported by the organizers or producers of the half time show.
Old 02-14-2022, 10:19 AM

Quote:
We all know the recent political situation and statement with the NFL and taking a knee... To be fooled by misdirection of a death that was over two decades ago is not supported by the organizers or producers of the half time show.
Lol. They were performing Tupac’s music lol. Maybe go listen to some more Gord Bamford where things aren’t easily misconstrued into something political…
Old 02-14-2022, 10:37 AM

Im old and my regular commute playlist contains many of those songs and much, much, worse.

I didn't care for it to be honest. Just a neutered "for TV" montage of classics.

From "**** tha police" to "Dont swear on TV!!"

Here I thought there was no such things as halfway crooks...
Old 02-14-2022, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Lol. They were performing Tupac’s music lol. Maybe go listen to some more Gord Bamford where things aren’t easily misconstrued into something political…
So if the act was to pay homage to this man he would have at minimum had a hologram of him to prevent the discussion we and many others are having, not like the budget wouldn't have room....

We all know how contentious taking a knee at a NFL game really is and what the gesture means. Sadly it was mere misdirection for political gain...
Old 02-14-2022, 11:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
We all know how contentious taking a knee at a NFL game really is and what the gesture means. Sadly it was mere misdirection for political gain...
The guy who suggested taking a knee as a sign of protest without being disrespectful is a West Point graduate who went on to be a decorated officer. While serving with the 10th Mountain Division and the 1st Ranger Battalion he did three tours in Afghanistan before leaving the service to play in the NFL. Good luck making him into the antifa-commie boogie man.

Somehow when people talk about what this “really means” they seem to forget that, probably because Fox News et al. has decided a 6’9” 320lbs guy is invisible so they don’t have to conjure up a way to demonize him. I think his perspective is something you might want to consider.
Old 02-14-2022, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetwaiter View Post
The guy who suggested taking a knee as a sign of protest without being disrespectful is a West Point graduate who went on to be a decorated officer. While serving with the 10th Mountain Division and the 1st Ranger Battalion he did three tours in Afghanistan before leaving the service to play in the NFL. Good luck making him into the antifa-commie boogie man.

Somehow when people talk about what this “really means” they seem to forget that, probably because Fox News et al. has decided a 6’9” 320lbs guy is invisible so they don’t have to conjure up a way to demonize him. I think his perspective is something you might want to consider.
Your joke made me laugh good one
Old 02-14-2022, 11:22 AM

Didn’t start this thread for it to turn political or a ****ing match. Started just because I grew up listening to that music along with many other genres of music. I myself enjoyed it and I see a couple others did as well. If you didn’t enjoy well your negative comments are not needed here, if you didn’t enjoy it could have kept your comments to yourself and carried on! Who am I kidding you can’t have a different opinion on here then the old men’s club!
Old 02-14-2022, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kw12 View Post
Didn’t start this thread for it to turn political or a ****ing match. Started just because I grew up listening to that music along with many other genres of music. I myself enjoyed it and I see a couple others did as well. If you didn’t enjoy well your negative comments are not needed here, if you didn’t enjoy it could have kept your comments to yourself and carried on! Who am I kidding you can’t have a different opinion on here then the old men’s club!
Geez , talk about an echo of Trudeau
Old 02-14-2022, 02:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDK71 View Post
Your joke made me laugh good one
I’m curious what part you think was a joke.

Regardless when I just went looking for a link to show you I realized I make a mistake. It wasn’t Villanueva who told Kappernick to kneel, although he supports it. It was Nate Boyer who is a former Green Beret.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/h...g-to-kneeling/
Old 02-14-2022, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetwaiter View Post
I’m curious what part you think was a joke.

Regardless when I just went looking for a link to show you I realized I make a mistake. It wasn’t Villanueva who told Kappernick to kneel, although he supports it. It was Nate Boyer who is a former Green Beret.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/h...g-to-kneeling/
All of it always someone trying to get some un needed attention
Old 02-14-2022, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDK71 View Post
All of it always someone trying to get some un needed attention
Support the trucker protest 100%, but someone kneeling is disrespectful and just and attention grab.... uh ok. Cmon.
Old 02-14-2022, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
I had the same look on face as my Dad did when I played my first Pink Floyd record his comment was "those guys are going nowhere"

Gansta crap music isn't in my genre

sincerely
One grumpy old man
My mother liked a lot of prog rock music back in the late 60's and 70's , King Crimson especially!
Cat
Old 02-14-2022, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanslays View Post
Support the trucker protest 100%, but someone kneeling is disrespectful and just and attention grab.... uh ok. Cmon.
we all know whats behind the kneeling M&M trying to get back in the lime light Go truckers go . And we all know the kneeling thing is just about BLM and thats is all
Old 02-14-2022, 04:09 PM

I just felt sorry for the people on the one side of the arena they didn't see sh-- other then when Snoop Dog started singing.
Old 02-14-2022, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macee View Post
I just felt sorry for the people on the one side of the arena they didn't see sh-- other then when Snoop Dog started singing.
That snoopy dog guy can sing?
Old 02-14-2022, 04:44 PM

Too bad I missed it, was outside, lying in a puddle trying to get a Dodge to get rolling again...