Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-13-2022, 03:55 PM

Default Sold a Chevy S10 and should have asked more!

I bought a 2001 Chevy S10 4x4 extended cab for my daughter to learn on in the fall of 2018 for $1000. Took it in to get the insurance check and some work done to make sure it was road worthy. New intercooler oil lines, pitman and idler arms, wheel alignment etc. 180k on it.

Needless to say, she had put about 200 km on it since I bought it and I was tired of it sitting in my driveway as she just doesn't seem to want to drive and prefers public transit. Advertised it on Kijiji complete with rust and a couple of dents.

Had around 40 replies in the first two hours and sold it for the 2K asking price to the first person who looked. These are obviously more popular than I thought. Maybe I should have asked a little more!
Old 02-13-2022, 04:03 PM

situations like that when you get overwhelming response its sometimes worth pulling the add down, waiting a couple weeks and tossing it back up with a bigger number
Old 02-13-2022, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45-70GOV View Post
situations like that when you get overwhelming response its sometimes worth pulling the add down, waiting a couple weeks and tossing it back up with a bigger number
Ha! Yeah, you're probably right but it's out of my driveway and sight now. That's worth something.
Old 02-13-2022, 04:33 PM

Used to be anything that ran was an instant 500 and up.
Looking at some of the older broke down “parts” trucks, I was astounded the price they wanted for them. Like 98 Ford F-150. Blown motor. First $2000.00 can haul it away. SMH
Old 02-13-2022, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Used to be anything that ran was an instant 500 and up.
Looking at some of the older broke down “parts” trucks, I was astounded the price they wanted for them. Like 98 Ford F-150. Blown motor. First $2000.00 can haul it away. SMH
Ain't that the truth. My cousin has a few old classics on a farm he bought in the LaCrete area. Some with trees growing up through the hood space. Sold most of them already for very good prices!
Old 02-13-2022, 06:19 PM

All of us have been there - list something for sale - get lots of immediate responses - sell it for full asking price - then regret we sold it cheap.

It happens I guess.

I ALMOST bought a boat like that - guy listed a Lund SSV 16ft with a 20 transom, flat floor, 2 batteries, 2 tanks, decent fish finder, small electric trolling motor on front, paddles, really good trailer, and a 20HP Honda (all maybe 5 years old) and he said was only used a few times. It was listed at $5800 OBO. A new replacement would be $14,000 all day long - so this was an amazing deal.

I went right away over to see it - and, no kidding, he was right, it looks like it was only used a few times, it was brand new and even the rubber on the trailer tires still has the "hairs" on it, the motor had the "film" over the cover still, the carpet and hatches on the inside were immaculate ....

I told him, on the spot, I would take it cash. He wanted paper cash and and not a e-transfer because of scams - So, I said fine, Told him I will go grab the cash and come back to him (bank was literally 5 minutes away). See you in 15 min.

This was early Saturday morning, within 40 minutes of him posting it.

I came back to him, with the cash, and I could see his wife at the garage door to the house eyeballing me, and he had a look on his face that told me right away something went sideways (as I was backing my truck up) he waved me off.

I got out and he said, sorry already sold it. Says a guy said he's on his way with $8000 cash sight unseen. I offered him $6500 RIGHT NOW and he declined.

I was pretty peaved but what could I do at this point.

He had the edacity to phone me hours later when the other guy didn;t show up and asked me if I would pay $7000.

I said I will pay $6000 ($500 less than my last offer, but $200 more than he shook my hand on) and he got upset and hung up on me.

Crazy stuff.
Old 02-13-2022, 06:55 PM

A buddy of mine sold his c10 at barret Jackson a few weeks ago. It sold for 305000 usd.
Old 02-13-2022, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhad View Post
A buddy of mine sold his c10 at barret Jackson a few weeks ago. It sold for 305000 usd.
$305,000 US?

That's way out of the league of this conversation !!!!!
Old 02-13-2022, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhad View Post
The difference a letter makes.
Old 02-13-2022, 09:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
The difference a letter makes.