Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-10-2022, 08:13 PM

Default Garmin alpha 100

Wondering if anybody has a recommendation (seller) for this unit with the tt15 collar? I know it has to be shipped from the US, so looking for some companies that our forum has dealt with.

Thanks
Old 02-12-2022, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Brew View Post
Wondering if anybody has a recommendation (seller) for this unit with the tt15 collar? I know it has to be shipped from the US, so looking for some companies that our forum has dealt with.

Thanks
I don’t know if this is helpful to you but I always use GPS Central out of Calgary. We order the map SIM cards for the gps, our watches, everything from them!
Old 02-12-2022, 08:49 AM

here you go…

https://www.gundogsupply.com/garmin-alpha.html
Old 02-12-2022, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Already tried them. They won't ship to Canada. I've tried several and none of them will ship to Canada. Unusual service from the Americans. Usually they just want our $$$ and are great for customer service. Hence me asking on the forum.
Old 02-14-2022, 12:57 PM

IronBrew,

I posted a couple weeks ago requesting information on dog training/tracking collars. One poster suggested looking up a gun dog supply place in Washington that will ship to Canada.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=408183

Hopefully this link works.

DR
Old 02-16-2022, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRhunter View Post
IronBrew,

I posted a couple weeks ago requesting information on dog training/tracking collars. One poster suggested looking up a gun dog supply place in Washington that will ship to Canada.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=408183

Hopefully this link works.

DR
Thanks. DU was one of the two places I'd come down to. The other was Okie dog. Okie has them in stock. DU is on the call list for today. I may just spend the little extra for the 200 system. Did you order and if so, what did you think?

Last edited by Iron Brew; 02-16-2022 at 07:52 AM.
Old 02-16-2022, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Brew View Post
Thanks. DU was one of the two places I'd come down to. The other was Okie dog. Okie has them in stock. DU is on the call list for today. I may just spend the little extra for the 200 system. Did you order and if so, what did you think?
Hey Iron,

I did order the Canadian version from Cabelas (the Astro 9000); it is still brand new in the box and I can return if need be. Right now I am trying to determine if the Alpha 100 or 200 is worth twice the money.

I would really like to talk to someone who has used both the 9000 and either the 100/200 to get a better understanding of the differences and try to determine if the Alpha's are worth twice the money?

DR
Old 02-17-2022, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRhunter View Post
Hey Iron,

I did order the Canadian version from Cabelas (the Astro 9000); it is still brand new in the box and I can return if need be. Right now I am trying to determine if the Alpha 100 or 200 is worth twice the money.

I would really like to talk to someone who has used both the 9000 and either the 100/200 to get a better understanding of the differences and try to determine if the Alpha's are worth twice the money?

DR
My understanding is the astro offers no correction for training. I definitely want the vibration/tone/stimulation as well as gps in one collar. Why have the geofencing if you can't call them back with a buzz of the collar?
Old 02-17-2022, 10:06 PM

I ordered the unit from DU today. Very nice people to deal with. Should mention I went up to the 200i and the tt15x collar. Basically a bit more money, but it was the much newer tech vs tech which is appearing to be on the fade out.

Last edited by Iron Brew; 02-17-2022 at 10:12 PM.