Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-17-2022, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
I took the valance completely off mine when I put the winch on. It did not stick down anywhere near as far as your Ford did, but it still hung down at least 4-5". They do it to improve gas mileage and take air away from the underside. No idea how much it really affects the mileage but it sure does affect front approach angle. As far as front bumpers getting lower, this new 2500 is at least 6" taller all around than my 1996 2500, for now good reason other than to look tougher and bigger. It is actually the only thing I don't like about the new truck. It has the same ground clearance as my old one. There is no car made that would not go under the front or rear bumper of this new truck.

wow i really like the 96 you keep your trucks mint nice work
Old 02-17-2022, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vance View Post
Curtz,
Curious to find out if your modification has a measurable effect on fuel economy. I like how it looks. I have an F150 with same air dam and it made me nervous this hunting season hitting drifted snow. Didn't tear it off, but one day it will, so I am interested in doing the same to my truck.
Vance
Flat stretch of highway 18 today and 0c, 103km and 11.2L per 100km. Don't think cutting the valance affected it to much.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220217_114654_resized.jpg (31.3 KB, 11 views)