Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-13-2022, 04:17 PM

Default Local A&W and Seniors

So yesterday morning, I stopped at the local A&W for a bite of breakfast and of course, restrictions being off, the place is packed with Seniors, lost in their coffee and wondering what to do with the rest of their day. As well, there is a row of half a dozen funeral cards by the till. I just couldn't resist, I held one up and hollered, Who's Next ?

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 02-13-2022, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
So yesterday morning, I stopped at the local A&W for a bite of breakfast and of course, restrictions being off, the place is packed with Seniors, lost in their coffee and wondering what to do with the rest of their day. As well, there is a row of half a dozen funeral cards by the till. I just couldn't resist, I held one up and hollered, Who's Next ?

Grizz

Watch those seniors. They might decide You're next.
Old 02-13-2022, 06:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Watch those seniors. They might decide You're next.
Damn shame they didn't for having someone holler, as if they were deaf..
Old 02-13-2022, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough doug View Post
damn shame they didn't for having someone holler, as if they were deaf..

whaaaattt?
Old 02-13-2022, 07:06 PM

For our Calgary A&W its sortta like Tinder.
Old 02-13-2022, 07:53 PM

Default Local a&w

Our seniors should be respected. It’s their hard work that has made things easier for all of us now. Most could learn work ethic from those old timers.
Old 02-13-2022, 08:38 PM

Who knows? Maybe Grizz will be next to be on the Olds A&W counter. We never know so I would not ask...

Protect the oppressed even if an enemy, never forgive the traitor especially if he is your friend
Old 02-13-2022, 09:19 PM
Gone Hunting

Very likely at least one of those cards and maybe more belonged to a former member of the "coffee group", very disrespectful I think.......
Old 02-13-2022, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teledogs View Post
Who knows? Maybe Grizz will be next to be on the Olds A&W counter. We never know so I would not ask...
You're right, usually it's Holy ****, I've outlived a couple more.

Grizz

Old 02-13-2022, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
Very likely at least one of those cards and maybe more belonged to a former member of the "coffee group", very disrespectful I think.......
I know most of these people and they know me, I hate to say.

Grizz

Old 02-14-2022, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger7mm View Post
Our seniors should be respected. It’s their hard work that has made things easier for all of us now. Most could learn work ethic from those old timers.
100 percent right
Old 02-14-2022, 10:04 AM

Not senior related, but a joke with total strangers

Just over a week ago I was working late into the evening to get a project wrapped. The job was in the Beltline area of Calgary on what was once the Electric Ave block. It was after dark and I was getting materials or tools from my service van (tall black Sprinter) and had my side door only partially open, with me being fully inside & out of sight from the sidewalk. I heard a group approaching and one woman say “Well that’s creepy”, obviously referring to the view of my sinister kidnap-mobile with the door open to the sidewalk. The group was about 5 or 6, one male among them, the rest being women 25-30-ish. I was quick on the draw and announced from inside “Hold up, I’m just getting my rope!” The lot of them were in hysterics well down the block.

Drive a van and you’re used to the jokes….
Old 02-14-2022, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilngas View Post
For our Calgary A&W its sortta like Tinder.
hit up the A&W trolling for GILFs? lol
Old 02-14-2022, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Classic.

I'll bet they are still repeating the tale of how they narrowly escaped certain death over their chai lattes...
Old 02-14-2022, 03:14 PM

Quote:

Just over a week ago I was working late into the evening to get a project wrapped. The job was in the Beltline area of Calgary on what was once the Electric Ave block. It was after dark and I was getting materials or tools from my service van (tall black Sprinter) and had my side door only partially open, with me being fully inside & out of sight from the sidewalk. I heard a group approaching and one woman say “Well that’s creepy”, obviously referring to the view of my sinister kidnap-mobile with the door open to the sidewalk. The group was about 5 or 6, one male among them, the rest being women 25-30-ish. I was quick on the draw and announced from inside “Hold up, I’m just getting my rope!” The lot of them were in hysterics well down the block.

I somehow don’t believe your story. I’ve seen your van and I don’t think you could get inside with all the mess 😜
Old 02-14-2022, 04:46 PM

Quote:

You just need to get the "Free Candy" sign on the side!
Old 02-14-2022, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddleup View Post
100 percent right
Hey, I'm a Senior and the wise ones among us don't take ourselves too seriously.

Grizz

Old 02-14-2022, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post
I somehow don’t believe your story. I’ve seen your van and I don’t think you could get inside with all the mess 😜
True, but they didn’t know that

I was still thinking of other cracks I could have made. One was “You’ll have to be patient as I can only tie up one at a time & I hate rushing the job” or “I’m not sure if I have enough restraints”
Old 02-14-2022, 05:09 PM

Quote:
True, but they didn’t know that

I was still thinking of other cracks I could have made. One was “You’ll have to be patient as I can only tie up one at a time & I hate rushing the job” or “I’m not sure if I have enough restraints”

Could have just muttered "I need a new lampshade" over and over.
Old 02-14-2022, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Could have just muttered "I need a new lampshade" over and over.
Or "It rubs the lotion on its skin."
Old 02-14-2022, 09:45 PM

You guys laugh but being a senior now I get it. Several years ago my fishing partner and I used to go through Vulcan on our way to Badger every second weekend. My partner being about 10 years older than myself told me A&W had great breakfasts on the cheap and we should stop in on our way through. We did our first stop and I couldn't believe how busy the place was. Order my full bacon, eggs hash browns breakfast on the cheap as did he and figured it out. After that we stopped regularly at 7 am for breaky. Since then I have hit many on fishing days and were very good. Saying that yes they are full of old people many being way older than myself but credit to them if you want to fill your belly in the morning it is a great stop. Have not been lately as I have not been out but is high on my list.
Old 02-14-2022, 09:55 PM

I was amazed years back. A&W Vegreville full all day long with seniors. Heard 90% the mother tongue, never understood a word but always gave a respectful nod & a smile.

I have a couple older friends, once in a while Grizz's morbid humor pops up

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 02-15-2022, 08:03 AM

Tom Horton's is saying the Justin Bieber ads are responsible for a big increase in business. That's probably the reason so many seniors choose A&W. 😊
Old 02-15-2022, 08:18 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
Hey, I'm a Senior and the wise ones among us don't take ourselves too seriously.

Grizz

You can’t cuz no one remembers what the heck the hub bub was about.

A&W is a great place for Breaky!

If you sit down and find a set of teeth, a pair of glasses etc just give them to Alice at the front counter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 02-15-2022, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhead View Post
Or "It rubs the lotion on its skin."

Just had an image flash of Caber with lipstick, earrings, and his junk tucked between his legs. Pass the brain bleach please, and lots of it.
Old 02-15-2022, 01:23 PM

There is one group who call their A&W "God's waiting room". This also shows they are optimists.
Old 02-15-2022, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXSB View Post
There is one group who call their A&W "God's waiting room". This also shows they are optimists.

Or lost?