Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-30-2009, 09:17 PM

Default shipping cost from USA

Question for those of you that have purchased products from USA to Canada. Is there a fee for using United States Postal Service and another from Canada Post? I purchased some binocs from Cameraland NY and paid shipping up front and when I picked up the parcel from Canada Post I was charged another $27. Never did the mail order thing before. Thanks
Old 04-30-2009, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobmu View Post
Question for those of you that have purchased products from USA to Canada. Is there a fee for using United States Postal Service and another from Canada Post? I purchased some binocs from Cameraland NY and paid shipping up front and when I picked up the parcel from Canada Post I was charged another $27. Never did the mail order thing before. Thanks
Yes there is a fee if the item is over a certain amount of money (not too sure what that amount is). Those are simply customs fees and shipping USPS/Canadapost is the absolute cheapest way to go. Don't ever get it shipped UPS because they charge the customs charges on top of something they like to call "brokerage fees". These "brokerage fees" are through the roof and completely unacceptable.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:05 PM

Canada Post charges a flat fee of $5.00 for customs handling and GST and duty if the binocs were not made in the USA/Mexico/Canada (which I suspect they weren't lol). $27 sounds reasonable................NEVER USE UPS (your $27 would be a fraction of what they charge).........always use USPS.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:09 PM

Somtimes there is n sometimes theres not. X'S 2 on the UPS, stay away from shipping with them if at all possible. Just bought a bow from a guy in the states never cost me a cent. Bought some small crap for the wii for the kids n cost me more for shipping then the toy did.

MM
Old 05-01-2009, 10:41 AM

I just got a carb for one of my quad's sent to me from Tennesee.Carb was about $76,USPS shipping was 26 something took about 1 week to get here.All together was well under half as much as buying a new one here.