Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-06-2013, 12:43 PM

Exclamation ***Posting Pictures***- R E A D

Over time, we have seen a significant drop in members posting pictures due to a select few that feel the need to chastise, belittle or troll posts. Let us be the first to say that comments as such is N O T welcome and moving forward will NOT be tolerated. It is totally unacceptable, so be forewarned, we are NOT taking this lightly folks.

First kick at the cat for those who decide they know better will be instantly suspended, NO warnings, NO infractions, SUSPENDED! If this happens a second time, then we have the option to permanently banning. For those who are already treading on thin ice, we will go right to option #2.

It is a sad day that we as outdoorsmen cant share in the passion of the outdoors that we so love, be able to share in the camaraderie, journey and the excitement of the fruits of our labor. We all hope you will take this for a test drive and we encourage ALL our membership to take the leap of faith. If you as members see comments that do not share in the intent of the Ops post or decide to derail another great thread, report it if we don't see it first.

Hoping this is a big step in the right direction, now lets see those pictures
Old 09-06-2013, 12:47 PM

Bravo.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:51 PM

Agreed great point!
I so enjoy looking at people pics and adventures but can't blame them for not posting. If the guy or gal shoots the animal at last light then takes a pic in dark they are automatically a poacher.
Please keep negative comments to yourself.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:52 PM

Just asking some clarification... I like what you are doing!...

If soemone is doing something that may be illegal in the picture.... ie. fishing with bait in a bait prohibited stream.... is it ok then to make a comment or do we immediattely report to FW....

Or if someone posts a picture that may outline us outdoorsmen in bad light for example to be extreme... Some people taking a picture of a dead animal with the tongue hanging out, 1/2 gutted that has been head shot out with distended eyeballs and brain matter and gore all over... is it ok to make a comment....Or do we just report them to a mod....

I agree with the spirit and intent;

I hate when people chastise a 10 year old kid holding a pothole lake rainbow in a picture for not releasing said fish....

Or some guy posts his 17 lb pike with pride and everyone comes on and pretty soon it is cut down to a 6 oz. perch....

Or some goy posts a picture of a fish and because of the background someone chastises the poster for giving away THEIR honey hole....

I do not post any pics except for buy and sell....
Old 09-06-2013, 12:56 PM

Let the Fish and Wildlife do there job. I bet they are on here more then you think. And if you think someone is doing something illegal then sure report it to them. Point is lets be more positive not negative.
We are all hunters/anglers/trappers on here and we have enough people being negative about what we love.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:05 PM
Banned

My momma used to say " if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything" my momma is always right
Old 09-06-2013, 01:15 PM

Mods - This good to hear.
I for one love looking at and really appreciate the pics that people take the time to post here. It doesn't matter whether its a 6" perch or a 400" elk it's really nice that someone can have the opportunity to share their experiences with an on-line outdoor community. (How's that for an oxymoron? ) I hope this step encourages more people to post pics and less people to post negative comments.

In the spirit of picture posting, here's one...Actually I'll post it in the appropriate forum as to not derail this thread.
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 09-06-2013, 01:46 PM

Thank you mods when I joined this forum it was to share stories photos ect. In the past year I could not blame anyone if you didnt want to post a picture or a story. All hunts are special and this is they place to share with others who share the same passion. There are many who do not share the same passion who must just get a real laugh out of the BS that goes on somedays on this forum Thanks Again
Old 09-06-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudelpointer View Post
Bravo.
x2.

Don't argue with a fool, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation Alberta
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 09-06-2013, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANTRESIST View Post
Thank you mods when I joined this forum it was to share stories photos ect. In the past year I could not blame anyone if you didnt want to post a picture or a story. All hunts are special and this is they place to share with others who share the same passion. There are many who do not share the same passion who must just get a real laugh out of the BS that goes on somedays on this forum Thanks Again
You're 100% right. Don't let the few guys that have nothing good to say 99% time discourage you.

Don't argue with a fool, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 09-06-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryry4 View Post
You're 100% right. Don't let the few guys that have nothing good to say 99% time discourage you.
X2!!!!
Old 09-06-2013, 01:56 PM

Default posting pics

I truly hope it works out as I have been on here less and less as the snide remarks and negative comments increase. Piker
Old 09-06-2013, 01:59 PM

I for one am very glad to hear. Hope you are strict on your rules. We do not need others to belittle peoples pictures and hunts that they care to share with us, celebs or not. I think each hunt is special in its own way and hopefully we see more members posting pictures. I know I enjoy them so keep em coming.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryry4 View Post
X3!

Man I can't get over your luck and success, every sheep you have is an exceptional trophy! Especially love the desert sheep and the stone!

Can't wait to see the Big Horn next!!
Old 09-06-2013, 02:01 PM

Long overdue.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Old 09-06-2013, 02:13 PM

There's going to be a few that won't have much to say now!
Old 09-06-2013, 02:29 PM

Thank you. Hopefully we will get a few more pics without the fear of our " trophy " being down played. Bravo !!!
Old 09-06-2013, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck Country View Post
X3!

Man I can't get over your luck and success, every sheep you have is an exceptional trophy! Especially love the desert sheep and the stone!

Can't wait to see the Big Horn next!!
Thanks.

I can't wait to see the Big Horn either.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 09-06-2013, 02:33 PM

Past due, thank you mods!!!!
Now just maybe I will dig out the last two years hunting pics!
Old 09-06-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icatchfish View Post
My momma used to say " if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything" my momma is always right
X2!!
Old 09-06-2013, 02:41 PM

Default Like button??

Again AO needs a like button
Old 09-06-2013, 02:45 PM

Old 09-06-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop Staring at my Rack View Post
Past due, thank you mods!!!!
Now just maybe I will dig out the last two years hunting pics!
Pretty please.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 09-06-2013, 02:55 PM

Great post pixel , thanks
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:56 PM

Sometimes things have get to real bad before they can get better.
This was just in time for every on to feel free to share what should be a great 2013 season Good luck to all cant wait to here the stories and see the pics.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:01 PM

Default Hmm pic police

We have seen very lousy pics on here, low life moves like killing things with shovels etc over the years, where folks on here voiced their opinions, so now this won't be permitted? This hunting community as a whole wont get to voice their displeasure, only their pleasure?
How can anyone think that's a good idea? Speaking out will get you banned!
We should be open to hear what others think, it's often what helps positive change come about. If you wrongfully slam someone's pic the members will straighten them out with overwhelming replies, always have.
Distasteful pics will now be judged by who? Not the members apparently!
Mod police?
There are Haters on here, those that have nothing nice to say, they are few and far between. Now someone has decided to adapt to their negativity and take away freedom of speach, and that folks, is almost always a trajedy.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:46 PM

Constructive criticism should always be welcome when phrased appropriately.

An example, "hey, I noticed from your pic that ________ seems a bit off: what happened there?" Is a lot better then "that's just wrong! I can't believe ..." And running roughshod over the poster.

I like this. I hope to see more pics. Might even get around to posting some myself.

Stupidity is taxable and sometimes I get to be the collector.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Curl Earl View Post
We have seen very lousy pics on here, low life moves like killing things with shovels etc over the years, where folks on here voiced their opinions, so now this won't be permitted? This hunting community as a whole wont get to voice their displeasure, only their pleasure?
How can anyone think that's a good idea? Speaking out will get you banned!
We should be open to hear what others think, it's often what helps positive change come about. If you wrongfully slam someone's pic the members will straighten them out with overwhelming replies, always have.
Distasteful pics will now be judged by who? Not the members apparently!
Mod police?
There are Haters on here, those that have nothing nice to say, they are few and far between. Now someone has decided to adapt to their negativity and take away freedom of speach, and that folks, is almost always a trajedy.
Private forum no one HAS to be a member here, we volunteer our time and you have no idea how much time we spend cleaning up threads from your so called few and far between haters

This idea was unanimous among the mods who have had enough of the few and far between running roughshod over the forum and it won't be tolerated anymore. PERIOD
Old 09-06-2013, 11:08 PM

Aaand......no comment from "sheepguide" - haha
Old 09-06-2013, 11:23 PM

Default Posting Pictures

I do believe the FEW and FAR between have been "JUDGED" AWESOME Thanks Mods