Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-18-2022, 02:37 PM

Default Free shipping on ammo

Anyone offer free shipping on ammo besides Cabelas (min $149 purchase of course)?
Old 03-18-2022, 02:59 PM

Tenda does on orders over $300. I have bought quite a bit of pistol ammo from them over the years.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-18-2022, 03:18 PM

^ It appears that now it may be “unless you live in the boonies”. I had a few orders from them delivered for free to Peace River. My cousin was buying some last fall and they said to him they can no longer ship for free our way. He had to pay something like extra $30 (I don’t recall). So I don’t know, it may have changed, depending on the location. I haven’t tried myself lately.
Old 03-18-2022, 03:43 PM

Good to know. I live right in GP so there has never been an issue.

Except for that one time when Purolator left a brand new Sig P226 and a thousand rounds of ammo on my neighbors porch a block away. Right next to a playground. And my neighbor was working in camp, so it sat there for 3 days while Purolator told me it was delivered, even though they didn't get the required signature. My neighbor came home, and tracked me down through LinkedIn and called me about my package. True story.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-20-2022, 09:58 PM

Also if you look at cabelas that technically only counts for Canada post, regular size packages. Over size, ammo and other are not covered. I’m going to try on my next order but they could still charge you
Old 03-20-2022, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilt134 View Post
Also if you look at cabelas that technically only counts for Canada post, regular size packages. Over size, ammo and other are not covered. I’m going to try on my next order but they could still charge you
I've had around $1000 of ammo shipped in various orders from Cabelas in the last month and a half. It's free shipping
Old 03-20-2022, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilt134 View Post
Just do your homework on cabelas pricing dependant on what you're looking for compared to other retailers.

Some of it may be on par with others, but I have seen price hikes there just a few weeks ago....listing prices as much as 40% higher than much smaller outfits throughout the province...
Old 03-21-2022, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&C Outdoors View Post
Just do your homework on cabelas pricing dependant on what you're looking for compared to other retailers.

Some of it may be on par with others, but I have seen price hikes there just a few weeks ago....listing prices as much as 40% higher than much smaller outfits throughout the province...
I looked all over Canada and couldn't find any 7mm brass aside from a box of Nosler in BC. Honestly could hardly find a box of loaded ammo either. Checked Cabalas a while ago and they actually had some remington so just bought a stack of it. Lot's of brass now. Price was good on it as well. Did see that .375 h&h was $8 more at cabelas than in Caroline, so yes, have to price check a bit (if you're lucky enough to find ammo to price check). I've about given up trying to find partition bullets for anything I reload. Non-existent or ridiculous prices.

I'm not a big fan of supporting Cabelas, but with the price of fuel nowadays as well as the time to travel, the free shipping is hard to beat
Any ideas what it would cost to ship 1/2 dozen boxes of shells half way across the province? Kinda curious but guessing not cheap.
Old 03-21-2022, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
I looked all over Canada and couldn't find any 7mm brass aside from a box of Nosler in BC. Honestly could hardly find a box of loaded ammo either. Checked Cabalas a while ago and they actually had some remington so just bought a stack of it. Lot's of brass now. Price was good on it as well. Did see that .375 h&h was $8 more at cabelas than in Caroline, so yes, have to price check a bit (if you're lucky enough to find ammo to price check). I've about given up trying to find partition bullets for anything I reload. Non-existent or ridiculous prices.

I'm not a big fan of supporting Cabelas, but with the price of fuel nowadays as well as the time to travel, the free shipping is hard to beat
Any ideas what it would cost to ship 1/2 dozen boxes of shells half way across the province? Kinda curious but guessing not cheap.
It's certainly not getting easier on getting many components.

Sending you a pm on partitions in .375 cal & 7mm
Old 03-23-2022, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Tenda does on orders over $300. I have bought quite a bit of pistol ammo from them over the years.
Tenda is a joke, ordered $1700 worth of ammo on March 8 and it’s still sitting at Tenda March 22 and shipping wasn’t free! Note to self don’t use them
Old 03-23-2022, 06:50 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Good to know. I live right in GP so there has never been an issue.

Except for that one time when Purolator left a brand new Sig P226 and a thousand rounds of ammo on my neighbors porch a block away. Right next to a playground. And my neighbor was working in camp, so it sat there for 3 days while Purolator told me it was delivered, even though they didn't get the required signature. My neighbor came home, and tracked me down through LinkedIn and called me about my package. True story.
Holy hell eh!

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...