Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 09-03-2009, 07:53 AM
redgreen

Default 2009 ata agm

Hi all, I just got my latest ATA magazine and there are lots of reminders about the upcoming AGM September 19 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Westlock District Community Hall. There is also an open house at the store/office following the AGM. I thought it would be a good idea to put a reminder here as well. Even though this is scheduled with harvest quite likely still underway and hunting season in full swing, I sure hope as many trappers as possible can come, as there are alot of important issues that will be affecting us now and well into the future. Maybe Rob could post this as a sticky.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:56 PM

Default Active trapper too many comitments

I live in the south west corner of the province and work for a living. I would have voted on our adgenda at sundre, as I did have a valid trappers licence then. The reason Iam told is that not all trappers could get a licence at the time. I would like to support the go ahead for the DAO. I am a trapper who is 29 and would like to see the tradition and management go on for years. Their is really no way I can take the time off to vote. Good luck for the DOA, and if ther is any trappers that think this isent the way,you should probably give up your RFMA to someone who wants to keep trapping in the future.