Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-09-2016, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_forget View Post
Learn to read. She's gets her hockey stick out of her van after the first beating, they take it and use it on her. It's slightly less evil than if they took a hockey stick out of their BMW
No, it's not. Period. If they worried for their safety they could have left or disarmed her and left it at that. No need to beat someone who is outnumbered and in a defensive position rather than an aggressive one, her child was present and she was going to where her husband was, it was the most instinctive place of refuge for her to seek. Then there's also the possibility that it was a racially motivated attack. I don't even know why you bothered speaking up on this as it only serves to make you look bad.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Well first of all we've only got her side of the story. Them stealing her hockey stick makes the 2 males look a little less evil. It takes 2 to tango so to speak. They probably beat her up, she's is mad gets her hockey stick, they take it and beat her up some more. When she could have stayed in her car after the first beating.
So if a couple of thugs followed and accosted your wife, mother or sister you'd feel she should just sit back and take the beating?
Old 12-09-2016, 08:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Learn to read. She's gets her hockey stick out of her van after the first beating, they take it and use it on her. It's slightly less evil than if they took a hockey stick out of their BMW
I see. Yeah it makes it somewhat OK I guess.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:18 AM

Quote:
No, to me it makes them more evil because they still beat her up twice, with two to one odds. There is a child present and they followed her.

Even if it was a hit and run, all they should have done is followed and got a plate number.

I can think of no reason why I would ever think the two D-bags were justified.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:23 AM

I figure the perps were either car thief junkies, or spoiled rotten snowflake jerks who went completely mental from her giving them a middle finger salute when she wouldn't yield to their speeding/aggressive driving. I hope they get their asses handed to them courtesy of any decent citizen prior to the cops getting them (or even after they've been released pending trial for that matter, better chance of having their identities correct for the curb-stomping then).
Old 12-09-2016, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hat in the Cat View Post
No, to me it makes them more evil because they still beat her up twice, with two to one odds. There is a child present and they followed her.

Even if it was a hit and run, all they should have done is followed and got a plate number.

I can think of no reason why I would ever think the two D-bags were justified.
I never said they were justified.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Sure you did, at least own your own words dude. That or post what you meant to say instead of what you wound up typing.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:25 AM

Default They'll be caught for sure.

I wonder what the charges will be? Assault with a deadly weapon?

We need to discourage this sort of thing.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
That's right. But what you are saying is that you can understand why two young males beat up a female. Twice.

There is a special place for you somewhere.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy1 View Post
Because most guys here don't know how to use the internet, read the newspaper or turn the TV on. Their Moms had to put a desktop shortcut on their computers to AO forum so they can get the news in the morning.
Typical insulting left wing nuts.

How about people like to talk about the news with people that have similar interests? Here's a thought, maybe don't open the tread?
Old 12-09-2016, 08:41 AM

I_Forget you beat up women a lot? I know sometimes they just don't listen........ you are ******

THERE IS NEVER A TIME WHERE THIS IS OK, PERIOD

I don't understand how people were able to witness this assault, take pics of the offending car and not do anything about a young women getting her teeth bashed in by two "men."

I thought that is why we all have EDCs
Old 12-09-2016, 08:41 AM
Banned

Other side of the story should be interesting.

Quote:
A mother of four is recovering from the injuries she suffered in a Wednesday afternoon attack that left her bruised, bleeding and frightened.

Karalie Red Old Man was driving her daughter from piano practice to the West Mount Pleasant Arena where her husband and three other children were at hockey practice. “We had to split up to get to both of the activities for the children.”

Red Old Man says she was travelling southbound on 4 Street NW, near the 40 Avenue NW intersection, in her Dodge Caravan at around 5:20 p.m. when she changed lanes, unaware of a speeding vehicle in her blind spot.

“When I did my shoulder check and my mirror check, it looked safe to do so, so I proceeded to drive into the left lane,” recalled Red Old Man. “When I was halfway between both lanes, I saw a silver vehicle speeding really fast towards me and trying to pass but I was already in the lane.”

“They got mad and he started beeping his horn at me because he couldn’t pass.”

Red Old Man says the driver followed close to her rear bumper for a short distance before the car entered the right lane. “He was driving right beside me trying to get into the left lane and trying to push me into oncoming traffic.”

The driver of the car returned to the left lane behind Red Old Man’s minivan when the vehicles entered the playground zone near St. Joseph Elementary Junior High School. Red Old Man says she had slowed her minivan below the posted speed limit when she encountered a stopped vehicle waiting to make a left hand turn.

“I ended up having to stop behind them and I kind of stopped quick and that’s when he rear-ended me.”

The minivan driver continued to West Mount Pleasant Arena and the driver of the car followed. When Red Old Man parked, the driver of the car stopped his vehicle behind the minivan.

“I tried to reverse so he couldn’t block me in,” said Red Old Man. “Their vehicle was parked right behind me and that’s when I hit them with the back of my vehicle.” She says her minivan struck the car on its passenger side near the door.

“They got out of their vehicle and they were yelling and telling me to get out and were punching my windows on both sides,” said Red Old Man. “He was telling me I hit him twice and I told him ‘No, I didn’t hit you’ and ‘You were the one that tried to sideswipe me into oncoming traffic, you were the one that rear-ended me’.”

Red Old Man says she attempted to partially roll down her window but the window was automatic and fully opened. While Red Old Man turned to check on her daughter, one of the men reached into the vehicle.

“He pulled my hair,” recalled Red Old Man. “He pulled my head out of the vehicle and I wasn’t able to fight back because my arms and my body were still in the vehicle.”

“He proceeded to grab my head in the back and he kept banging and smashing my face on the vehicle.”

Red Old Man says her assailant’s passenger, who she believes to be the man’s brother, and he daughter both yelled for the attack to end. “He wouldn’t stop.”

The man attempted to remove Red Old Man from her minivan.

“I grabbed a hockey stick because he was throwing me around all over the place and he was punching me and I wasn’t sure what to do and there was no one around to help me at the time,” said Red Old Man. “He had the hockey stick and I was holding onto the hockey stick and we were fighting over it. Somehow, he got the hockey stick away from me and he started smashing out my windows on the driver’s side while my daughter was still in the vehicle.”

Red Old Man’s husband left the arena and discovered his wife was being attacked.

“He pulled that guy off me,” said Red Old Man of her husband’s actions. “That guy tried to hit my husband and my husband was trying to ask him what was going on and what happened. He wouldn’t talk. He was throwing punches at my husband.”

Red Old Man says her husband overpowered her attacker prompting the attacker’s brother to join in. “I tried to pull his brother off of my husband but he ended up throwing me to the ground too.”

The injured woman tried to take a photograph of the car’s licence plate. “The guy that assaulted me came after me, he left my husband. He tried to take my phone away from me.”

A group had gathered around the parking lot fight and calls were placed to 911. The driver of the car and his passenger drove from the scene prior to the arrival of police.

“My mouth was bleeding and there was blood all over. They chipped my tooth and they broke my glasses. I needed stitches on my mouth, on my lip,” said Red Old Man of her injuries.

The injured woman was transported to hospital where she underwent treatment and was released.

The suspects are described as:

Males with olive-toned skin
Having black or dark brown hair
Believed to be in their 20s
Between 170 and 180 cm (5’7” to 5’10”) tall
Possibly brothers

The suspect vehicle is believed to be a silver BMW two-door car with an Alberta licence plate. The car likely sustained significant damage to the passenger side during Red Old Man’s attempt to drive away.

The incident has shaken Red Old Man. “I’m scared to go outside. All kinds of thoughts. I’m scared they might come after me. Try to find me and do something worse.”
Old 12-09-2016, 08:51 AM

Should be some traffic light cameras that the police will look at and get these a holes. Public justice comes to mind in this case.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
That's right. But what you are saying is that you can understand why two young males beat up a female. Twice.

There is a special place for you somewhere.
There's a special place for you too. Summer school retaking English class. I simply said she wouldn't have had her car windows smashed if she didn't introduce a hockey stick to a 2 on 1 fight. Obviously the males are absolute scum. I'm not defending them. Not trying to victim blame either But if you pull out a knife or a gun and get disarmed Good chance the attacker will use those weapons on you.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Sure you did, at least own your own words dude. That or post what you meant to say instead of what you wound up typing.
No keep trying though bud
Old 12-09-2016, 08:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Well first of all we've only got her side of the story. Them stealing her hockey stick makes the 2 males look a little less evil. It takes 2 to tango so to speak. They probably beat her up, she's is mad gets her hockey stick, they take it and beat her up some more. When she could have stayed in her car after the first beating.
Quote:
There's a special place for you too. Summer school retaking English class. I simply said she wouldn't have had her car windows smashed if she didn't introduce a hockey stick to a 2 on 1 fight. Obviously the males are absolute scum. I'm not defending them. Not trying to victim blame either But if you pull out a knife or a gun and get disarmed Good chance the attacker will use those weapons on you.
What are you getting at now?

They are less evil for using a weapon against her. Your words.

You won't win this one.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
Other side of the story should be interesting.
That does make things more interesting. It appears that the woman initially cut the other vehicle off , which angered the other driver. The driver then rear ended the minivan, which of course was his fault, but it makes it explains why he followed the minivan. If he simply drove away, it would have been a hit and run. And then we have the woman backing her minivan into the the side of the car, which the driver may have taken as being an intentional assault using a motor vehicle. That would explain why the driver was so infuriated at that point.
Of course none of this excuses the men physically attacking the woman and beating her up, but the extra information, especially the part about her backing into the side of the car, does explain why the driver of the other car was so angry, and why things progressed to the point that they did. In any case, this is going to be a mess for both the police and the insurance companies to straighten out. I wouldn't be at all surprised if all parties face some charges.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:23 AM

There is a lot of info being reported that doesn't make sense and it doesn't help when she have given multiple interviews with conflicting info.

I'm going to be that the truth on this one is somewhere in the middle and that the whole thing started before the alleged cutting off while trying to pass.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:37 AM
Banned

While the traffic incidents are the cause of the whole situation, I don't like how they are taking away from the fact that two males beat up a female.

In addition, look at the two males and the car they were driving. We know how those people drive their BMWs...
Old 12-09-2016, 09:43 AM

Old 12-09-2016, 09:44 AM

Quote:
=Newview01;3411109]While the traffic incidents are the cause of the whole situation, I don't like how they are taking away from the fact that two males beat up a female.
There is no excusing them beating up the woman, but by her own admission, the woman backed her vehicle into the passenger side of the car. It may have been totally accidental, but it's also possible that she used her van as a weapon, which is a very serious charge.

Quote:
In addition, look at the two males and the car they were driving. We know how those people drive their BMWs..
Those people?

Old 12-09-2016, 09:47 AM

Old 12-09-2016, 10:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
There is no excusing them beating up the woman, but by her own admission, the woman backed her vehicle into the passenger side of the car. It may have been totally accidental, but it's also possible that she used her van as a weapon, which is a very serious charge.
IF she used her vehicle as a weapon, was it in defense, considering she knew they blocked her in? Or was she attacking them out of hatred?

The fact that these two clowns didn't stick around makes it pretty clear they knew they f'd up, probably from the moment the situation began.

I mean these two males:

Males with olive-toned skin
Having black or dark brown hair
Believed to be in their 20s
Between 170 and 180 cm (5’7” to 5’10”) tall
Possibly brothers
Old 12-09-2016, 10:16 AM

Strange the car in the pictures doesn't have the "extensive" passenger side damage they mention. Strikes me police can probably make out that plate number.

Guys should be nailed hard. That must have been totally terrifying for her. Also hope it wasn't some "message" being sent, disguised or explained as road rage.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:16 AM

Quote:
IF she used her vehicle as a weapon, was it in defense, considering she knew they blocked her in? Or was she attacking them out of hatred?
Only she knows that, and every media account seems different, as if she is telling different stories to each source.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:34 AM

Quote:

They are less evil for using a weapon against her. Your words.
You have not read my posts correctly. So once again I'll explain. Bad guys would be 10/10 evil if they pulled a hockey stick out of their car and attacked her. Or tire iron, knife, bat etc. Because they grabbed the stick she introduced the attackers are 9/10 evil Ok? I'm really worried about your mental capacity Newview01
Old 12-09-2016, 10:36 AM

Quote:
While the traffic incidents are the cause of the whole situation, I don't like how they are taking away from the fact that two males beat up a female.

In addition, look at the two males and the car they were driving. We know how those people drive their BMWs...
So youre a racist??? And you can't read. Any chance your parents are related
Old 12-09-2016, 10:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
You have not read my posts correctly. So once again I'll explain. Bad guys would be 10/10 evil if they pulled a hockey stick out of their car and attacked her. Or tire iron, knife, bat etc. Because they grabbed the stick she introduced the attackers are 9/10 evil Ok? I'm really worried about your mental capacity Newview01
Nope, still 10/10 evil. If she produced the hockey stick in self defense, I would say 11/10 evil.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Only she knows that, and every media account seems different, as if she is telling different stories to each source.
True.. I hope we find out soon.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Nope, still 10/10 evil. If she produced the hockey stick in self defense, I would say 11/10 evil.
So you somewhat agree with me. Took a whole page of comments. The difference would be assault vs potential assault with a weapon. Those males could be charged with assault with a weapon we will see. Whereas is they walked up to her with a bat and started attacking they most definitely would get the stronger charge which is assault with a weapon