Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 07-22-2018, 07:58 PM

Default Water in wmu316?

Looking for some insight wmu316. Ive been looking at some satelite images on google and ihunter. It shows quite a few creeks, brooks or water paths whatever youd call them. But 90% of the ones ive scouted are dry. Can someone tell me which are the main water courses that likely will hold water into hunting season? Or better options for water way maps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2018, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhorn2 View Post
Looking for some insight wmu316. Ive been looking at some satelite images on google and ihunter. It shows quite a few creeks, brooks or water paths whatever youd call them. But 90% of the ones ive scouted are dry. Can someone tell me which are the main water courses that likely will hold water into hunting season? Or better options for water way maps?

Red Deer River at the north edge is always wet, Fallen Timber has moving water through most of hunting season and the creek below the Husky plant behind the old Shell plant is usually good too and it runs from the South along the pipeline road there. Good luck.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:54 PM

Dry ? Was out there a week ago and constantly crossing little drainages.

Grizz
Old 07-22-2018, 09:40 PM

I havent been out there in about a month since set up trail camera. was in the central area north of the road water valley/trunk road. There wasnt much water. I have never been in the northern part of 316 other then driving thru from the plant to burnt timber/hunter valley area cant remember off top of my head. I have deer hunted the central area quite a bit.

I used my antlered moose priority up for a tag this fall . So im trying to locate some water. We are headed farther into the area on friday/saturday to see what the maps are missing then get 3 days in august of scouting. i get one week at of end september with bow and two weeks off in november to hopefully connect with one.

Old 07-23-2018, 01:16 PM

This is a link to the Alberta Fish and Wildlife information map. It shows where they have found fish populations. Chances are these streams have water year round.

https://maps.alberta.ca/FWIMT_Pub/Vi...ewer=FWIMT_Pub