Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-13-2018, 04:35 PM

Based on what I have observed in past few months, I think Turd-eau will be going after AR15s, and reclassifying anything semi-auto..... Plus making transporting and licensing much more of a pain in the butt........ We as a community of likeminded Canadians
need to stick together NOW, or this will just get worse.
Old 03-13-2018, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykuch View Post
Based on what I have observed in past few months, I think Turd-eau will be going after AR15s, and reclassifying anything semi-auto..... Plus making transporting and licensing much more of a pain in the butt........ We as a community of likeminded Canadians
need to stick together NOW, or this will just get worse.
X2. It’s not to early to start sending letters to your mp, Goodale and Trudeau, just so they know we are frustrated with their stupid decisions.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:41 PM
Banned

Here is the Liberal platform wrt firearms. Some of it has already occurred (ie. kicking out firearms lobbyists and replacing them with women's advocates on the Canadian Firearms Advisory Committee). Any more than what is written here is a new venture against firearms owners.

We will take action to get handguns and assault weapons off our streets.

Over the last decade, Stephen Harper has steadily weakened our gun laws in ways that make Canadians more vulnerable and communities more dangerous.

We will take pragmatic action to make it harder for criminals to get, and use, handguns and assault weapons. We will:

repeal changes made by Bill C-42 that allow restricted and prohibited weapons to be freely transported without a permit, and we will put decision-making about weapons restrictions back in the hands of police, not politicians;

provide $100 million each year to the provinces and territories to support guns and gangs police task forces to take illegal guns off our streets and reduce gang violence;

modify the membership of the Canadian Firearms Advisory Committee to include knowledgeable law enforcement officers, public health advocates, representatives from women’s groups, and members of the legal community;
require enhanced background checks for anyone seeking to purchase a handgun or other restricted firearm;

require purchasers of firearms to show a license when they buy a gun, and require all sellers of firearms to confirm that the license is valid before completing the sale;

require firearms vendors to keep records of all firearms inventory and sales to assist police in investigating firearms trafficking and other gun crimes;
immediately implement the imported gun marking regulations that have been repeatedly delayed by Stephen Harper; and

as part of our investment in border infrastructure, invest in technologies to enhance our border guards’ ability to detect and halt illegal guns from the United States entering into Canada.

We will not create a new national long-gun registry to replace the one that has been dismantled.

We will ensure that Canada becomes a party to the international Arms Trade Treaty.

https://www.liberal.ca/realchange/guns/
Old 03-13-2018, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post

We will not create a new national long-gun registry to replace the one that has been dismantled.

We will ensure that Canada becomes a party to the international Arms Trade Treaty.

https://www.liberal.ca/realchange/guns/
I hate to say it but if you read the ATT info the UN site has it requires that all firearms, ammunition and components for the making of ammunition to be tracked. In short it would be a back door registry and ban on a lot of our gear.

On top of that I just talked to one of the MP's from Qc in Edmonton visiting empress Notley, he's one of those scared of things in that bill and only would tell me it could start some "nasty **** not seen since Germany in the 1930's."

The next few months are going to be very interesting.

All it takes is for one man to misinterpret something and he can start a war that lasts for decades.
Anonymous
Old 03-13-2018, 06:11 PM
Banned

I'm going to wait until a bill is actually tabled before I get to excited but being that I live in Bonnyville and we run blue what other options are there for someone to do something other than writing their mp as I already know mine will stand against this?
Old 03-13-2018, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Hunter Okotoks View Post
Once the guns are gone and there's no more "need" for hunting, the fishing rods are next. But don't worry, they just want to shut down all waters with Bull Trout so that there is no risk of any Bull Trout mortality from fishing.

Maybe then you'll understand.
CBSA is already trying their hand at being our unelected overlords with the flip-open knives fiasco
Old 03-13-2018, 06:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trakker282 View Post
On top of that I just talked to one of the MP's from Qc in Edmonton visiting empress Notley, he's one of those scared of things in that bill and only would tell me it could start some "nasty **** not seen since Germany in the 1930's."
I hope that it is the most ridiculous, draconian legislation imaginable that leads to Justin's demise......only to be reversed by Andrew Sheer. Short term pain for long term gain.
Old 03-13-2018, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8x68S View Post
Some of us didn't vote Liberal. Any help for those of us that still give a chit would be useful.
After reading most of the responses in this post most people on this forum don't give a sh11......so carry on...I fought for 40 years..
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 03-13-2018, 07:47 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
After reading most of the responses in this post most people on this forum don't give a sh11......so carry on...I fought for 40 years..
They talk the talk, but they don't Walk the talk.

They're just bunch of posers
Old 03-14-2018, 09:42 AM

Default When

When is this legislation going to be tabled? How long would it take to implement? How long to it take from when the gun registry was made law until it was implemented?

The reason I ask is that they may not be able to make any kinds of meaningful changes before there term is over and we can elect an alternative government.

There is a lot of Hersey about this upcoming legislation. I won't try and fight something that does not yet exist. However if the kind of changes are proposed that have been mentioned then I would say that it is the duty of every firearms owner to support all candidates across our nation that would oppose this. The hard part is trying to make a difference outside of our province. I am confident that most Albertans have seen the results of our current federal and provincial governments and will have the wisdom to go in a different direction. It's the rest of Canada where we will have to direct our time talents and treasure to making a difference for our beloved sport
Old 03-14-2018, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg View Post
When is this legislation going to be tabled? How long would it take to implement? How long to it take from when the gun registry was made law until it was implemented?

The reason I ask is that they may not be able to make any kinds of meaningful changes before there term is over and we can elect an alternative government.

There is a lot of Hersey about this upcoming legislation. I won't try and fight something that does not yet exist. However if the kind of changes are proposed that have been mentioned then I would say that it is the duty of every firearms owner to support all candidates across our nation that would oppose this. The hard part is trying to make a difference outside of our province. I am confident that most Albertans have seen the results of our current federal and provincial governments and will have the wisdom to go in a different direction. It's the rest of Canada where we will have to direct our time talents and treasure to making a difference for our beloved sport
I disagree. We have to fight now before the enemy is formidable. Stop anties before they collect national momentum. People vote on ideologies now not facts and data, and that’s dangerous. We need to get ahead of the propaganda that the Liberals are conjuring.

Somone once said "the best defense is a good offence".
Old 03-14-2018, 10:35 AM

Default Understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swolf View Post
I disagree. We have to fight now before the enemy is formidable. Stop anties before they collect national momentum. People vote on ideologies now not facts and data, and that’s dangerous. We need to get ahead of the propaganda that the Liberals are conjuring.

Somone once said "the best defense is a good offence".
I understand your passion and I am glad we have people willing to defend our rights. I just think we can look foolish fighting against something we know nothing about.

Calling your MP or writing our Pm what do you say to them? I saw a guy on a forum tell me that you want to take my guns away and bring back the registry? Do you think they will take your opinion seriously?

Let me add that we are very close in our points of view and I dont want to fight against others who are my allies I just want to be as effective in opposing Draconian changes as possible.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:53 AM

Quote:
I understand your passion and I am glad we have people willing to defend our rights. I just think we can look foolish fighting against something we know nothing about.

Calling your MP or writing our Pm what do you say to them? I saw a guy on a forum tell me that you want to take my guns away and bring back the registry? Do you think they will take your opinion seriously?

Let me add that we are very close in our points of view and I dont want to fight against others who are my allies I just want to be as effective in opposing Draconian changes as possible.
You sir I take my hat off to. This is the common sense we need to deal with this issue.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
Are you married? If so do you try to win arguments with your wife by telling her she is wrong and that you aren't going to change? Or do you make compromises to keep her happy and stay married? It is your guys choice, get a divorce from your firearms or find a compromise that makes the general public happy. You don't have to convince the anti firearm group, they aren't that big of a group either. You just need to convince the general public that the laws in place make them safe and then lobby the government as much as the anti firearm users do.

This situation is a bit tougher because you guys are now going to possibly get screwed because of poor firearm laws in the states rather then our own laws that are for the most part reasonable. You guys are always anti US firearm reform too though so I guess you get to live with the rewards that such actions are now bringing upon you...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReconWilly View Post
"You guys"

Identity politics much?

The marriage comment?

Grow up.
+1^. WTF is with this "you guys" generalization krap RavYak. You are not me and I am not you thank God. Why are you on this forum? If you are not going to stand behind your fellow firearms enthusiast then butt out. Showing the Liberal government by disagreeing with their platform may make a difference, or at least have them take notice that we're not happy.
Attitudes like yours are why Canadians would rather be legislated to death than get off their arses and do something about it.
John 3:16
Firearms Owners are the difference between FREEDOM & TYRANNY!
Gun Control is Population Control
Old 03-14-2018, 10:29 PM

The question is what can we do as a group to help get the message that we do not want any further regulations or restrictions put in place as firearms owners.

(if you do not agree with current laws or bettering them for all firearm users and cannot add anything positive to this thread please use your observation skills as opposed to your trying skills).
Old 03-14-2018, 11:03 PM

Default Things we can do

I think that what gun owners need to do is support federal political candidates that will vote against legislation that harms gun owners. Most ridings in Alberta are fairly safely Conservative. We need to help potential MPs in ridings that are closely fought so that anti gun partys do not get a majority. There are MPs in the liberal party that represent rural ridings that are not happy about this, They need to be encouraged to not vote along party lines so that they can show there electorate that they looked out for the best interests of those that put them in the house of commons.

We need to educate our own friends and family about how current gun laws in Canada are different than those of the USA. We also need to educate them on how we dont have a problem with systemic gun violence in our country.

I have found that when you explain to people some of the challenges we as RPAL citizens face they can often be sympathtic. Many of them are unaware of some of the things we are subjected too simply for owning restricted firearms.

If you can take a friend to a range and have them enjoy a day of shooting with you so they can learn that guns arent all that scary after all and can be alot of fun.
Old 03-14-2018, 11:08 PM

Quote:
We will ensure that Canada becomes a party to the international Arms Trade Treaty
Thats how the Liberals get around "WE won't do any of this" - they sign up and let the APPOINTED & unelected Global Government do the work.

because feels.
Old 03-14-2018, 11:42 PM

Something else that we need to do is recognize when other members on either this, or any other forum is attempting to divide and conquer. I think that we all know who they are. I often wonder if they are actual outdoorsmen, or if they are here to stir the pot. I guarantee that they love nothing more than to either provoke someone into saying something that will get them banned, or get people to make a comment that can be used to paint firearms owners in a bad light.

About a week ago I found myself getting drawn into just what I explained above. Ever since then I have been watching a few threads and it is plain as day that he/she/they are doing nothing but getting people to focus on problems
that they are creating. Ironically, they seem very determined at what they are doing. As soon as you ask yourself: "Why are they doing this and creating these arguments?" the answer becomes CRYSTAL clear.

I think that the very best thing is completely ignore the bait that they set out. Do not get drawn into their game. When they quote something you say and attempt to draw you in and provoke you; IGNORE them and don't even reply. I know that we have the ability to use the "Ignore" feature, but there is
always going to be someone new. When it becomes clear that they are not of like mind, then it's easy to see that they don't want your opinion, they want your reaction. As they say: "United they stand and divided they fall." I believe that entities exist that are not only attempting to distract us, but to divide us as well.
Old 03-15-2018, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Hunter Okotoks View Post
Something else that we need to do is recognize when other members on either this, or any other forum is attempting to divide and conquer. I think that we all know who they are. I often wonder if they are actual outdoorsmen, or if they are here to stir the pot. I guarantee that they love nothing more than to either provoke someone into saying something that will get them banned, or get people to make a comment that can be used to paint firearms owners in a bad light.

About a week ago I found myself getting drawn into just what I explained above. Ever since then I have been watching a few threads and it is plain as day that he/she/they are doing nothing but getting people to focus on problems
that they are creating. Ironically, they seem very determined at what they are doing. As soon as you ask yourself: "Why are they doing this and creating these arguments?" the answer becomes CRYSTAL clear.

I think that the very best thing is completely ignore the bait that they set out. Do not get drawn into their game. When they quote something you say and attempt to draw you in and provoke you; IGNORE them and don't even reply. I know that we have the ability to use the "Ignore" feature, but there is
always going to be someone new. When it becomes clear that they are not of like mind, then it's easy to see that they don't want your opinion, they want your reaction. As they say: "United they stand and divided they fall." I believe that entities exist that are not only attempting to distract us, but to divide us as well.
Typical loser trolls. Probably having trouble getting off their fat arses and waddling over to the fridge to get another brew.
John 3:16
Firearms Owners are the difference between FREEDOM & TYRANNY!
Gun Control is Population Control
Old 03-15-2018, 01:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trakker282 View Post
I hate to say it but if you read the ATT info the UN site has it requires that all firearms, ammunition and components for the making of ammunition to be tracked. In short it would be a back door registry and ban on a lot of our gear.

The next few months are going to be very interesting.
I don’t think that he’s afraid of what happened in Germany in the ‘30’s, he’s afraid of losing his job. Many Liberal MP’s represent constituents in rural areas and if the MP’s are forced to toe the party line on this issue they risk getting voted out. Justin has already bullied a rookie, rural Liberal MP who dared speak out for his constituents and this issue will undoubtedly divide the Liberals. I hope that Justin goes full blown gun grab crazy because it’ll lead to his downfall just like the long gun registry did. Once Scheer is elected it’ll all be reversed.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
I think that what gun owners need to do is support federal political candidates that will vote against legislation that harms gun owners.
So stay par for the course? Harper got elected, dropped the long gun registry and added the common sense licensing. Now Trudeau is looking to roll that back and what else? Keep the Conservative/Liberal back and forth?
Old 03-15-2018, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
$99 stripped lower
http://www.armseast.ca/aero_precisio...iver_stripped/

$80 stripped lower
https://www.theammosource.com/store/...0rlm0cckv212g2

I think this is money well spent.
If you have a restricted license and no ar, get a stripped lower today.
Then there will be one more ar owner.
Tell your friends.
We need numbers!
Done! Thanks for the links
Old 03-15-2018, 05:04 PM

I'm against the entire premise of a party whipping the vote with their MP's, that's counter to democracy and representing the people whose behalf they're supposed to be working for. I don't care if its the Libs, the Cons, the NDP or the Greens. Every MP should represent their wishes of the majority of their respective constituency.
Old 03-15-2018, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
I'm against the entire premise of a party whipping the vote with their MP's, that's counter to democracy and representing the people whose behalf they're supposed to be working for. I don't care if its the Libs, the Cons, the NDP or the Greens. Every MP should represent their wishes of the majority of their respective constituency.
Bingo, the only extra powers a Prime Minister has is what their own party bestows on them. Borderline criminal how MP's are bullied into following the PM's line.

Thomas Sowell
Old 03-15-2018, 05:27 PM

I wanted to see if MP's were in breach of their oaths if they went against the wishes of the majority of their constituents but their oath is remarkably lacking in substance or actual responsibility towards those whom they purport to serve. This seems to be to a glaring wrong in the Constitution Act that should be revised to clarify just whom they're actually serving.

http://www.ourcommons.ca/marleaumont...Sec=Ch04&Seq=9

” The wording of the oath is as follows: “I, (Member’s name), do swear, that I will be faithful and bear true Allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second.”
Old 03-15-2018, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
So stay par for the course? Harper got elected, dropped the long gun registry and added the common sense licensing. Now Trudeau is looking to roll that back and what else? Keep the Conservative/Liberal back and forth?
Liberals seem to have forgotten the ass kicking they were handed in 2012 by the voting public. Ive been talking to people all around the country and they're all ****ed off by Trudeau. Trudeau campaigned on bringing the country together, and he's sure doing a great job of that. Everyone seems to be in agreement that he's a moron.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 03-15-2018, 07:16 PM

Act now on what?
Speculation?

Sure it’s gonna be a train wreck, the Libtards are at the helm, but running around on no information screaming your chicas off make us look like rubes.

Back ups about 8 steps take a deep breath and wait for the roll out.

You guys have been lured down a deep dark rabbit hole.

There are no absolutes
Old 03-15-2018, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
Act now on what?
Speculation?

Sure it’s gonna be a train wreck, the Libtards are at the helm, but running around on no information screaming your chicas off make us look like rubes.

Back ups about 8 steps take a deep breath and wait for the roll out.

You guys have been lured down a deep dark rabbit hole.
This passive attitude is the reason why they get away with it all.....
Old 03-15-2018, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykuch View Post
This passive attitude is the reason why they get away with it all.....
Give yer bean bag a good shake.
Flying off the handle based on pure speculation, yup that’s gonna give some credence to our persuits. It makes us look like dumb clucks.

Don’t you get it, rile us up, get us talking about speculation, bingo look at us we are a bunch of hot head dim switches going off half cocked.

There are no absolutes
Old 03-16-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
Give yer bean bag a good shake.
Flying off the handle based on pure speculation, yup that’s gonna give some credence to our persuits. It makes us look like dumb clucks.

Don’t you get it, rile us up, get us talking about speculation, bingo look at us we are a bunch of hot head dim switches going off half cocked.
Obviously your the one who doesn't get it! They have a majority government. Once they introduce the bill, that's it. Libs wont vote against their own bill. Your probably just a Trudeau voter anyway........