Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-12-2018, 07:43 PM

Exclamation ACT NOW!!!!! "Upcoming gun bill ‘scaring the hell out of the Liberal caucus,’"

Just passing info along
As posted on another forum:
"Ok Guys Now is the time to go into code red scenario. This morning the Hill times is reporting that the upcoming gun bill is scaring the living s***t out of rural liberals, I called my MP this morning a liberal and he told me that the bill is far more severe than anticipated, i.e. gun bans and reclassification for all semi-autos. Look guys if you don't start contacting your liberal MP's were Screwed. My Mp claimed it was an Australian model legislation. God help us, and help yourselves by contacting your MP"S, email them, send letters, call them, bombard them with everything we got. I usually don't panic but I want my kids to own my guns and with this bill were doomed.

https://www.hilltimes.com/2018/03/12...rns-put/137000

contact your MP, Ralph Goodale, and Justin Trudeau.

You can find your MP'S contact info at this link:http://www.parl.gc.ca/parliamentarians/en/members

Two email accounts for Goodale: hon.ralph.goodale@canada.ca, ralph.goodale@parl.gc.ca

justin.trudeau@parl.gc.ca

Lets go guys and gals make it happen.

UPDATE: To everyone asking where I got my info, my MP Peter Shiefke was told that bans and or reclassifications are being throughly examined as real and legitimate possibilities, by the PMO and Goodale. After the polysesouvient poll they have become serious about moving all semi-autos into restricted category and prohibiting ar-15 in order to seem progressive. Also Mark Holland is behind this, my MP told me he would consider voting against if he deems it unfair to gun owners, he only won his seat by 9%.

Rural/Urban and Urban/Rural Ridings won by 5 per cent or less, 2015 election

Riding name Province Winner Party Riding type 2015 margin of victory
St. John’s East Nfld. Nick Whalen Liberal U/R 1.4%
Fundy Royal N.B Alaina Lockhart Liberal R/U 3.8%
Beloeil-Chambly Que. Matthew Dubé NDP U/R 1.7%
Pierre-Boucher-Les Patriotes-Vercheres Que. Xavier Barsalou-Duval Bloc U/R 0.4%
Chicoutimi-Le Fjord Que. Denis Lemieux Liberal U/R 1.4%
Jonquiere Que. Karine Trudel NDP U/R 0.7%
Lac-Saint Jean Que. Denis Lebel Conservative U/R 4.8%
Laurentides-Labelle Que. David Graham Liberal U/R 2.4%
Mirabel Que. Simon Marcil Bloc U/R 1.4%
Montmagny-L’Islet-Kamouraska-Riviere-du-Loup Que. Bernard Généroux Conservative R/U 0.6%
Riviere-du-Nord Que. Rhéal Fortin Bloc U/R 1.9%
Saint-Hyacinthe-Bagot Que. Brigitte Sansoucy NDP U/R 1.1%
Saint-Jean Que. Jean Rioux Liberal U/R 4.1%
Salaberry-Suroit Que. Anne Minh-Thu Quach NDP U/R 1.3%
Barrie-Springwater-Oro-Medonte Ont. Alex Nuttall Conservative U/R 0.2%
Cambridge Ont. Bryan May Liberal U/R 4.5%
Chatham-Kent-Leamington Ont. Dave Van Kesteren Conservative R/U 4.5%
Hastings-Lennox and Addington Ont. Mike Bossio Liberal R/U 0.5%
Kenora Ont. Bob Nault Liberal R/U 1.6%
King-Vaughan Ont. Deb Schulte Liberal U/R 3.2%
Kitchener-Conestoga Ont. Harold Albrecht Conservative R/U 0.5%
Nickel Belt Ont. Marc Serré Liberal U/R 5%
Northumberland-Peterborough South Ont. Kim Rudd Liberal R/U 3%
Parry Sound-Muskoka Ont. Tony Clement Conservative R/U 4.4%
Simcoe North Ont. Bruce Stanton Conservative R/U 3.7%
Churchill-Keewatinook Aski Man. Niki Ashton NDP R/U 3%
Kildonan-St. Paul Man. MaryAnn Mihychuk Liberal U/R 2.8%
Desnethé-Missinippi-Churchill River Sask. Georgina Jolibois NDP R/U 0.3%
Regina-Lewvan Sask. Erin Weir NDP U/R 0.3%
Central Okanagan-Similkameen-Nicola B.C. Dan Albas Conservative U/R 2.4%
Kootenay-Columbia B.C. Wayne Stetski NDP U/R 0.4%
Mission–Matsqui-Fraser Canyon B.C. Jati Sidhu Liberal U/R 2.3%
Pitt Meadows-Maple Ridge B.C. Dan Ruimy Liberal U/R 2.5%"
John 3:16
Firearms Owners are the difference between FREEDOM & TYRANNY!
Gun Control is Population Control
Old 03-12-2018, 08:31 PM

Just say thanks to all the gunies who voted Liberal last election....Ya didn't Like Harper thought you would try something different......Well here ya go 40 years of fighting the Liberal gun ban and you goofs...voted them in AGAIN...have fun, my fight is over yours is just beginning.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:40 PM

Default libarals!!

Idiots but useful according to communists and george soros!
Old 03-12-2018, 08:42 PM

I saw an article last night that touched on Goodale and Trudy mentioning some kind of changes to gun control but could not find it to post to a thread. It does sound ominous and its timed to coincide with the furor over the US shootings. People hear about a shooting there and it registers with them as though its some kind of a problem here. I figured there would be something coming in terms of dumb new restrictions on the law abiding since last fall. Of course the Liberals won't bother to address the failing legal system or crack down on actual criminals.

Time to get those things you've been wanting before you can't! Even if its just a stripped AR lower receiver you'll want to be grandfathered as a legal owner.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Just say thanks to all the gunies who voted Liberal last election....Ya didn't Like Harper thought you would try something different......Well here ya go 40 years of fighting the Liberal gun ban and you goofs...voted them in AGAIN...have fun, my fight is over yours is just beginning.
Some of us didn't vote Liberal. Any help for those of us that still give a chit would be useful.
John 3:16
Firearms Owners are the difference between FREEDOM & TYRANNY!
Gun Control is Population Control
Old 03-12-2018, 09:35 PM

Default Fall in Line Liberals

Trudeau angry at his MP for questioning him on gun regulation.

https://www.hilltimes.com/2018/03/12...rns-put/137000
Old 03-12-2018, 09:49 PM

And is there anyone out there that is surprised at our dear PM , not sure how you say dictator in Quebec but ....
Old 03-12-2018, 09:52 PM
Banned

Default C'est Simple

Maudit Cochon !
Old 03-12-2018, 09:57 PM

In my opinion everyone needs to bottle their anger and save their frustration for the month before the next election.
The penguins have a majority and nothing we gun owners (minority) say to them will do anything.
Write everything stupid that they do or want to do down. When the time is right, remind everyone that will listen about every detail.
And come up with a snappy catch phrase like "Stop Harper", people seem to listen hopelessly to catch phrases.
Old 03-12-2018, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post

Time to get those things you've been wanting before you can't! Even if its just a stripped AR lower receiver you'll want to be grandfathered as a legal owner.

$99 stripped lower
http://www.armseast.ca/aero_precisio...iver_stripped/

$80 stripped lower
https://www.theammosource.com/store/...0rlm0cckv212g2

I think this is money well spent.
If you have a restricted license and no ar, get a stripped lower today.
Then there will be one more ar owner.
Tell your friends.
We need numbers!
Old 03-12-2018, 10:13 PM

I’m starting to wonder if our efforts would be better spent on getting Alberta to separate from canada.
Old 03-12-2018, 10:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewey cox View Post
$99 stripped lower

$80 stripped lower

i think this is money well spent.
Tell your friends.
We need numbers!
x1000
Old 03-12-2018, 11:08 PM
Banned

I’d love to read the entire article but I won’t subscribe to do it.

Here’s an article that I could access. Sorry, I can’t copy and paste the article at the moment.

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/tr...l-legislation/

Last edited by HunterDave; 03-12-2018 at 11:28 PM.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
$99 stripped lower

$80 stripped lower

I think this is money well spent.
Tell your friends.
We need numbers!
(Cue announcer and presentation style parodying a 'feed & school the starving children' commercial)

"For the low price of only $80 to $130 you can provide a safe home for a registered AR lower receiver. By caring for a lower receiver you can help alleviate the systemic hatred against them. You sponsored receiver can then be free to benefit from all manner of barrels or trigger groups, furniture or optics. By ensuring a safe home for an AR lower you can help ensure that they don't go extinct in Canada. Don't let another receiver go homeless!" (cue violins and panoramic photos of barren sporting goods store gun racks)

Last edited by CaberTosser; 03-12-2018 at 11:16 PM.
Old 03-13-2018, 01:22 AM

Default Remember the Liberal Slogan from last election???

"Now that's REAL change!"
Old 03-13-2018, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
In my opinion everyone needs to bottle their anger and save their frustration for the month before the next election.
The penguins have a majority and nothing we gun owners (minority) say to them will do anything.
Write everything stupid that they do or want to do down. When the time is right, remind everyone that will listen about every detail.
And come up with a snappy catch phrase like "Stop Harper", people seem to listen hopelessly to catch phrases.
I like collecting photos of JT with dubious people. When election time rolls around, I start using them frequently, to make people think about what sort of person he is, and draw their own conclusions. Photos like this - with a 'You can tell a man's character by the company he keeps'

Screen Shot 2014-10-29 at 1.49.25 PM by Andrew Whittick, on Flickr
Old 03-13-2018, 07:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
I’m starting to wonder if our efforts would be better spent on getting Alberta to separate from canada.
It's coming. Just one more whack at the wedge. The writing is on the wall people.
Old 03-13-2018, 07:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewey cox View Post
$99 stripped lower

$80 stripped lower

i think this is money well spent.
Tell your friends.
We need numbers!
👍
Old 03-13-2018, 08:39 AM

After the last federal election, I liquidated all of my restricted firearms, and my non restricted ACR , because I suspected that the new government would enact some asinine legislation in order to appease the emotions of the anti firearms crowd. I wasn't really using them much, so I reinvested the money elsewhere rather than end up with firearms that would be reclassified or prohibited, which could drastically reduce their value. Now after hearing about the ruckus within the government over the upcoming changes, I am wondering if I will even be able to hunt with my semi auto waterfowl shotgun, or if the fools in power will make that illegal like it is in Australia.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:45 AM

You won't stop them by opposing them. Someone needs to form a realistic platform on firearms and then propose it publicly to gain support and sway politicians to get behind you. If you only oppose the changes you will lose as there aren't enough of you but if you can get a bill with some proactive changes and allowances for reasonable firearm ownership/use then you might be able to get enough people on board.

Making all semi automatic firearms restricted is drastic. Semi automatic hunting rifles and shotguns do have a place in hunting. What I would propose is some sort of intermediate level classification between non restricted and restricted that applies to all non restricted semi automatic firearms and has tighter regulations but still allows hunters to use semi automatic hunting rifles/shotguns.

Prohibiting AR-15's is also drastic, restricted is fine. Reclassifying some other assault style firearms as restricted would be reasonable though.

Make a good platform and I would support you guys, I think the proposed changes if true are ridiculous. It wouldn't surprise me if our liberal government would consider doing these things though and they will likely see more support then opposition in doing so...
Old 03-13-2018, 08:45 AM

I'm wondering if semi .22's will be included ?

Old 03-13-2018, 08:50 AM

Default Got my vote.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/poli...-taking-power/

Andrew Scheer’s gun policies include firearms ombudsman, taking power from RCMP

Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer says he wants to create a firearms ombudsman to advocate for gun owners and that the RCMP should no longer have the power to reclassify guns – a proposal being dismissed as “nonsense” by the country’s former top cop.

Mr. Scheer, the only federal party leader who owns guns, stands by the firearms policies he made during last year’s Conservative leadership race, his spokesman Jake Enwright said.

Mr. Enwright refused repeated interview requests with Mr. Scheer, and said he couldn’t discuss what guns Mr. Scheer owns, what they’re used for or where they are kept. Mr. Scheer, who represents a Saskatchewan riding, lives at the Official Opposition residence Stornoway when he is in Ottawa.

“Unfortunately for public safety reasons, I cannot disclose to you the types of firearms or where they’re located,” Mr. Enwright said.

Mr. Scheer’s proposals include a sweeping pledge to review the Criminal Code and repeal all federal regulations on gun ownership, usage and transportation, which do not “ensure that Canada’s firearms laws respect the rights of honest firearms owners, recognize the fact that hunting and sports shooting are an important part of Canadian culture and history, and empower police to concentrate on real criminals who are a threat to the public.”

But former RCMP commissioner Bob Paulson said one of Mr. Scheer’s promises, which takes aim at the Mounties for reclassifying guns based on aesthetics, is “nonsense, nonsense and a little bit more nonsense.”

“There is a rabid firearms lobby that has their hooks into the Conservatives, and they’re aggressive, and the only way that, in my view, the political folks can keep them at bay, is to blame the RCMP,” Mr. Paulson, who retired last June after 32 years in the force, told The Globe.

“In truth, the elected officials have all the power in the world right now. It’s not a discretionary call that the RCMP make, it is the application of the laws that those elected officials make.”

This month, the Liberal government promised to institute more vigorous background checks to get a licence to purchase firearms and, if Ottawa gets buy-in from provincial governments, the checks could include an examination of the purchaser’s mental-health history. As well, U.S. state governments have moved in recent weeks to restrict gun ownership following a series of mass shootings.

Conservative MP Glen Motz, the deputy public safety critic, said he agrees with the concept of additional scrutiny for those who have shown “mental health challenges,” as long as it doesn’t slow down the process for others.

“We do need to make sure that it’s balanced when this is put in place. That it’s not putting the burden on honest, law-abiding gun-owning Canadians,” he said.

Mr. Scheer’s proposals, which were taken down from his website after he won the Conservative leadership last May, include stripping away the power of the RCMP to “arbitrarily make reclassifications” of firearms and give it instead to elected officials. Mr. Scheer discussed his rationale during a video interview last spring with the Canadian Coalition for Firearms Rights, which bills itself as the voice of Canadian gun owners and also lobbies politicians.

“One of the major complaints I hear about the existing regime is that the RCMP are the deciders of a lot of aspects of firearms rules, and they’re also the entity that we entrust to enforce the law. And a lot of people said there’s a conflict of interest there,” Mr. Scheer said in the video, posted to YouTube last April, a month before he won the party leadership.

“I think it’s always better to have the power in the hands of accountable, elected politicians, rather than a government department that isn’t directly accountable to the people.”

Mr. Scheer went on to claim the RCMP makes decisions about reclassifying guns “based on aesthetics.” Mr. Scheer’s policy platform also said legislation from a Conservative government would specify legal definitions for variants to ensure “that those unfamiliar with firearms cannot decide on the legality of a gun based on how it looks.”

Mr. Scheer also proposes the creation of a firearms ombudsman, who would act as an appeals mechanism for gun owners. “I would like there to be an entity, a person with some authority to interact with government, with officials, to advocate on behalf of firearms owners,” he said in the video.

There are currently three classes of firearms in Canada: non-restricted, restricted and prohibited. Most common long guns are not restricted, while handguns can fall into either the restricted or prohibited category. The classifications are set out in the Criminal Code and corresponding regulations.

Some gun owners, however, have complained that the force changes the classifications of firearms without notice or justification. In 2015, the Harper government reversed the RCMP’s decision to effectively ban the Swiss Arms and Czech-made CZ 858 rifles.

In a statement on its website, the RCMP says, “It may occasionally appear that a firearm has been ‘re-classified.’ However, this term is not accurate.” The force said sometimes new information comes to light about a firearm that changes its classification, such as discovering it can be easily modified.

“The RCMP works with firearms manufacturers and importers to determine the classification of firearms imported into Canada based on technical information and documentation provided by them,” RCMP spokeswoman Cpl. Annie Delisle said in an e-mail.

“However, since 2009, as a result of several cases where erroneous or incomplete information was received, the RCMP performs a mandatory physical inspection of all semi-automatic military and para-military firearms that could be variants of prohibited fully-automatic firearms (and therefore also prohibited under the Criminal Code definition).”

In his platform, Mr. Scheer references a story about hunting whitetail deer with a friend’s .308 precision rifle, and later eating jerky. “As a firearms owner myself, I’m very sympathetic to the concerns that people like me face every day,” Mr. Scheer said in the video.

Neither Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, nor NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh, own firearms, their offices said.

Rod Giltaca, CEO and executive director of the Canadian Coalition for Firearms Rights who conducted the video interview with Mr. Schee said the Conservative leader’s platform was a “middle of the road approach” for gun owners, although he agrees with the proposal to strip authority from the RCMP.

“Our position has always been [to] get rid of the punitive measures on people that aren’t shooting anyone, and then focus all of that extra effort…on the people that are shooting folks,” he told The Globe.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
You won't stop them by opposing them. Someone needs to form a realistic platform on firearms and then propose it publicly to gain support and sway politicians to get behind you. If you only oppose the changes you will lose as there aren't enough of you but if you can get a bill with some proactive changes and allowances for reasonable firearm ownership/use then you might be able to get enough people on board.

Making all semi automatic firearms restricted is drastic. Semi automatic hunting rifles and shotguns do have a place in hunting. What I would propose is some sort of intermediate level classification between non restricted and restricted that applies to all non restricted semi automatic firearms and has tighter regulations but still allows hunters to use semi automatic hunting rifles/shotguns.

Prohibiting AR-15's is also drastic, restricted is fine. Reclassifying some other assault style firearms as restricted would be reasonable though.

Make a good platform and I would support you guys, I think the proposed changes if true are ridiculous. It wouldn't surprise me if our liberal government would consider doing these things though and they will likely see more support then opposition in doing so...
Regardless of what we propose, the anti firearm crowd will only accept one end result, that being all firearms ownership by civilians being banned . They would love for us to willingly give up certain firearms , and they would gladly accept that as an intern measure, but once the new regulations were in effect, and firearms offenses were still an issue, they would push for more regulations, and more banning. Even that won't keep firearms out of the hands of criminals, so this would go on and on. It might take decades, but they will eventually get what they want.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post

Why should we as firearm owners support more legislation? We should use the same efforts used to make a "realistic platform" to educate the public.

We don't need more legislation. Gun crime is virtually non-existent, and here you are saying that we should support more legislation?

Assault style? So you are basing your opinions on the appearances of the firearm? This is just too much.

Do you own firearms?
Old 03-13-2018, 08:58 AM

I haven't read much into this bill but if it goes through, how long will we have?
Worse time to be waiting for my RPAL renewal (let it expire). Would really like to to grab a few stripped receivers.

Then the question comes to surface, in the case of a ban would it be grandfathered or confiscation?
Old 03-13-2018, 08:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
I haven't read much into this bill but if it goes through, how long will we have?
Worse time to be waiting for my RPAL renewal (let it expire). Would really like to to grab a few stripped receivers.

Then the question comes to surface, in the case of a ban would it be grandfathered or confiscation?
I don't think a bill has been tabled yet.

Would the governor-general refuse to sign it?
Old 03-13-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcbride View Post
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/poli...-taking-power/

Andrew Scheer’s gun policies include firearms ombudsman, taking power from RCMP

Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer says he wants to create a firearms ombudsman to advocate for gun owners and that the RCMP should no longer have the power to reclassify guns – a proposal being dismissed as “nonsense” by the country’s former top cop.

Mr. Scheer, the only federal party leader who owns guns, stands by the firearms policies he made during last year’s Conservative leadership race, his spokesman Jake Enwright said.

Mr. Enwright refused repeated interview requests with Mr. Scheer, and said he couldn’t discuss what guns Mr. Scheer owns, what they’re used for or where they are kept. Mr. Scheer, who represents a Saskatchewan riding, lives at the Official Opposition residence Stornoway when he is in Ottawa.

“Unfortunately for public safety reasons, I cannot disclose to you the types of firearms or where they’re located,” Mr. Enwright said.

Mr. Scheer’s proposals include a sweeping pledge to review the Criminal Code and repeal all federal regulations on gun ownership, usage and transportation, which do not “ensure that Canada’s firearms laws respect the rights of honest firearms owners, recognize the fact that hunting and sports shooting are an important part of Canadian culture and history, and empower police to concentrate on real criminals who are a threat to the public.”

But former RCMP commissioner Bob Paulson said one of Mr. Scheer’s promises, which takes aim at the Mounties for reclassifying guns based on aesthetics, is “nonsense, nonsense and a little bit more nonsense.”

“There is a rabid firearms lobby that has their hooks into the Conservatives, and they’re aggressive, and the only way that, in my view, the political folks can keep them at bay, is to blame the RCMP,” Mr. Paulson, who retired last June after 32 years in the force, told The Globe.

“In truth, the elected officials have all the power in the world right now. It’s not a discretionary call that the RCMP make, it is the application of the laws that those elected officials make.”

This month, the Liberal government promised to institute more vigorous background checks to get a licence to purchase firearms and, if Ottawa gets buy-in from provincial governments, the checks could include an examination of the purchaser’s mental-health history. As well, U.S. state governments have moved in recent weeks to restrict gun ownership following a series of mass shootings.

Conservative MP Glen Motz, the deputy public safety critic, said he agrees with the concept of additional scrutiny for those who have shown “mental health challenges,” as long as it doesn’t slow down the process for others.

“We do need to make sure that it’s balanced when this is put in place. That it’s not putting the burden on honest, law-abiding gun-owning Canadians,” he said.

Mr. Scheer’s proposals, which were taken down from his website after he won the Conservative leadership last May, include stripping away the power of the RCMP to “arbitrarily make reclassifications” of firearms and give it instead to elected officials. Mr. Scheer discussed his rationale during a video interview last spring with the Canadian Coalition for Firearms Rights, which bills itself as the voice of Canadian gun owners and also lobbies politicians.

“One of the major complaints I hear about the existing regime is that the RCMP are the deciders of a lot of aspects of firearms rules, and they’re also the entity that we entrust to enforce the law. And a lot of people said there’s a conflict of interest there,” Mr. Scheer said in the video, posted to YouTube last April, a month before he won the party leadership.

“I think it’s always better to have the power in the hands of accountable, elected politicians, rather than a government department that isn’t directly accountable to the people.”

Mr. Scheer went on to claim the RCMP makes decisions about reclassifying guns “based on aesthetics.” Mr. Scheer’s policy platform also said legislation from a Conservative government would specify legal definitions for variants to ensure “that those unfamiliar with firearms cannot decide on the legality of a gun based on how it looks.”

Mr. Scheer also proposes the creation of a firearms ombudsman, who would act as an appeals mechanism for gun owners. “I would like there to be an entity, a person with some authority to interact with government, with officials, to advocate on behalf of firearms owners,” he said in the video.

There are currently three classes of firearms in Canada: non-restricted, restricted and prohibited. Most common long guns are not restricted, while handguns can fall into either the restricted or prohibited category. The classifications are set out in the Criminal Code and corresponding regulations.

Some gun owners, however, have complained that the force changes the classifications of firearms without notice or justification. In 2015, the Harper government reversed the RCMP’s decision to effectively ban the Swiss Arms and Czech-made CZ 858 rifles.

In a statement on its website, the RCMP says, “It may occasionally appear that a firearm has been ‘re-classified.’ However, this term is not accurate.” The force said sometimes new information comes to light about a firearm that changes its classification, such as discovering it can be easily modified.

“The RCMP works with firearms manufacturers and importers to determine the classification of firearms imported into Canada based on technical information and documentation provided by them,” RCMP spokeswoman Cpl. Annie Delisle said in an e-mail.

“However, since 2009, as a result of several cases where erroneous or incomplete information was received, the RCMP performs a mandatory physical inspection of all semi-automatic military and para-military firearms that could be variants of prohibited fully-automatic firearms (and therefore also prohibited under the Criminal Code definition).”

In his platform, Mr. Scheer references a story about hunting whitetail deer with a friend’s .308 precision rifle, and later eating jerky. “As a firearms owner myself, I’m very sympathetic to the concerns that people like me face every day,” Mr. Scheer said in the video.

Neither Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, nor NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh, own firearms, their offices said.

Rod Giltaca, CEO and executive director of the Canadian Coalition for Firearms Rights who conducted the video interview with Mr. Schee said the Conservative leader’s platform was a “middle of the road approach” for gun owners, although he agrees with the proposal to strip authority from the RCMP.

“Our position has always been [to] get rid of the punitive measures on people that aren’t shooting anyone, and then focus all of that extra effort…on the people that are shooting folks,” he told The Globe.
The RCMP have made a mess of the classification system. There is no common sense explanation as to why an AR-15 is restricted, and an ACR with a 19" barrel, or a mini 14 remain non restricted. The magazine issue is even more of a mess, especially the way it keeps changing. The CFOs(RCMP, or ex RCMP) have enforced illegal registries after the long gun registry was abolished. And then of course we have the High River incident where the RCMP illegally removed firearms that were legally stored from homes, and nobody was ever held accountable. No the RCMP are not the only problem with our firearms regulations and classification system, but their behavior is certainly one issue that needs to be dealt with. The RCMP needs to be totally removed from making any changes to our regulations and classifications. They need to do what they were hired to do, which is to enforce our laws, and to leave the regulations and classification to someone in no way affiliated to the RCMP.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Regardless of what we propose, the anti firearm crowd will only accept one end result, that being all firearms ownership by civilians being banned . They would love for us to willingly give up certain firearms , and they would gladly accept that as an intern measure,.
Isn't it in post 19 that you talk about selling off your restricteds?

Back in the 90's, when the liberals where talking about getting tough on guns, is when I bought my first restricted.

I figure if they want me to give up my guns, that makes me want them more.

Last edited by silver; 03-13-2018 at 10:05 AM.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver View Post
Isn't it in post 19 that you talk about selling off your restricteds?

Back in the 90's, when the liberals where talking about getting tough on guns, is when I bought my first restricted.

I figure if they want me to give up my guns, that makes me to want them more.
My thoughts as well. Don't know what to buy next though?
Old 03-13-2018, 10:11 AM

I don't have the time right now, but I want to look up Stats Can firearm crime statistics and see if they might break down by firearm type. If long gun crime has gone down since the repeal of the LGR, that would be a good indicator that it wasn't doing much in the first place. It would be a great fact to be able to wave at the rabid gun control fundamentalists. If anyone wants to run with it by all means do so, I've gotta get off to some jobsites.