Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-04-2017, 04:09 PM

Default please delete

Just throwing this out there...

We were enjoying a nice day on Koocanusa with the pontoon boat yesterday. Even had the Kuuma bbq working...
Well, who knew the bracket that attaches the bbq to the square rail on the boat doesn't hold so good. Nice and calm and then a series of waves hits us and bounce bounce, plunk... there goes the new bbq in the water. #£€{]*!

I'm hoping someone knows a recreational scuba diver who would be interested in a treasure hunt of sorts.

I didn't have the sense to mark the gps spot but I know roughly where it is. I'm willing to offer a nice cash reward if it's found and at worst, some good food and skiing/ tubing. Thanks!
Old 07-04-2017, 04:51 PM

If I was around there, I'd help you out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-04-2017, 04:56 PM

Hmmm.... if I could figure out a quick trip that sounds like fun!

Failing that there is a few scuba groups on Facebook that I'm sure could help you out.
Old 07-04-2017, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy View Post
Just throwing this out there...

We were enjoying a nice day on Koocanusa with the pontoon boat yesterday. Even had the Kuuma bbq working...
Well, who knew the bracket that attaches the bbq to the square rail on the boat doesn't hold so good. Nice and calm and then a series of waves hits us and bounce bounce, plunk... there goes the new bbq in the water. #£€{]*!

I'm hoping someone knows a recreational scuba diver who would be interested in a treasure hunt of sorts.

I didn't have the sense to mark the gps spot but I know roughly where it is. I'm willing to offer a nice cash reward if it's found and at worst, some good food and skiing/ tubing. Thanks!

I am an experienced scuba diver. I do not know where Koocanusa is. But I will bet that if it is an Alberta lake the bottom his at least 10 feet of silt. In that case there is no chance of a recreational scuba diver recovering your bbq much lest an entire boat.
Old 07-04-2017, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhawk View Post
I am an experienced scuba diver. I do not know where Koocanusa is. But I will bet that if it is an Alberta lake the bottom his at least 10 feet of silt. In that case there is no chance of a recreational scuba diver recovering your bbq much lest an entire boat.
It's in BC with a generally sandy / rocky bottom. Good chance of recovery I would think.
Old 07-05-2017, 05:13 AM

Thanks for the replies. The mrs already ordered another bbq. This time it has a mucho better bracket!!
Old 07-05-2017, 09:35 AM

I have a kuuma mounted to my back rail and i always think im going to drop the upside down hold down bolts when installing it on the water. Anways one of the other forums im a member in, the guys talk about running a tiny braided cable to the regulator. I guess the bottle and regulator have been known to pop off the burner. Maybe it floats and maybe it won't, but would still suck if you couldn't find it.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:59 AM

would a strong magnet help?