Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-26-2018, 04:49 PM

Default Reloading Guidance

I am interested in starting to reload my own ammo. I done a bit of research online and I have a reloading manual that i have read.

Is there anyone in south calgary, okotoks or high river area that wouldnt mind showing me the basics?
Old 02-26-2018, 10:16 PM

Default Reloading

Do you have the equipment yet?
Old 02-27-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daslogster View Post
Do you have the equipment yet?
I do not have any equipment yet, and to be honest it has been a little overwhelming. I think Ihave decided that will start with a single stage press with the intention to one day upgrade to a turret press. I also don't think I will be purchasing a kit, I would rather by each piece individually than purchase a kit and then immediately start upgrading all the components.
Old 02-27-2018, 01:33 PM

which rounds are you planning on reloading for?
Old 02-28-2018, 02:00 PM

Default L2212 Mateus

I am looking to load for my 7mm rem mag. The factory ammo I use is very accurate but has become nearly impossible to find. I am not looking to reload to save money but to make sure i never run out. Last season I nearly ran out but was able to track down a couple of boxes. Now that wholesale is closed i am not too hopeful as BP and Cabellas dont usually stock it.

I have a 243 i dont shoot to often and it shoots just about anything well so i am not in a panic to load that. Eventually load that as well.
Old 02-28-2018, 03:05 PM

If you can get in to Flys Etc in High River Saturday morning I will give you a run down on what it takes. FYI we are generally not real busy until 10:30 -11. We open at 9:30.
Old 02-28-2018, 06:14 PM

I just got into reloading a year ago, I started with the Rcbs rock chucker kit from prophet river. They have the kit on sale and usually free shipping. It’s top notch and there should be no need to upgrade components until you decide to ditch the single stage press. The only thing you really need to a brass trimmer, bullet puller (mistakes happen and better to be safe then sorry) and dies.