Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 02-16-2013, 11:11 AM

Default getting back into archery. need advice

Hey to anyne wh knows the brands and bows out there I am getting back into archery and in a few months bow hunting but its been a few years for me so what are the top suggestions for bows. Also like many of us I'm not loaded so buying on a budget, I will spend where I need to though
Old 02-16-2013, 11:36 AM

Lots of good brands out there now. So finding the right bow is more about finding a bow that "fits" you well. If you are new, your best bet is to go to a reputable archery shop and find out your draw length and roughly what poundage bow you are looking for.

Next is the fun part, get out and test drive as many different bows from all he manufacturers. You will soon get a feel as to what "works for you". Generally speaking if you are new, bigger brace height and longer ATA's are more forgiving and easier for a beginner to shoot. Do yourself a favor and head over to huntersfriend.com and read the info they have on bows, arrows, sights and rests. This will help you when you go to the bow shop.

After doing all this have fun picking a bow. I've been trying to decide for over a month now. There are lots of good bows out there to choose from and some good deals too. If you are on a budget I'd consider getting a Quest bow, priced mid range but with high end quality and options.

Welcome to the "dark side".