Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-16-2018, 07:14 PM

Default Boat experts price advice

Thoughts please, my father is looking to sell his 2008 Crestliner 1600 fish hawk. Trying to give him some guidance on an asking price
50 horse merc, all the bells and whistles trolling motor, live wells etc
Very good shape, he is very particular on maintenance

Thoughts

Thank you
Old 05-16-2018, 07:46 PM

I just went through the process of buying a new to me boat last year. I spent all summer and into the fall on kijiji to find the right boat for the right price.

The above being said, I wouldn't call myself an expert, but $13-14k sounds about right. Once you get above $15,000 you'll be competing with boats with bigger motors.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinjoels View Post
I just went through the process of buying a new to me boat last year. I spent all summer and into the fall on kijiji to find the right boat for the right price.

The above being said, I wouldn't call myself an expert, but $13-14k sounds about right. Once you get above $15,000 you'll be competing with boats with bigger motors.
Appreciate your input. We were thinking of $13 to start
Old 05-17-2018, 09:12 AM

One big thing will be is the 50 a 4 stroke. Also don't want to be on the negative side but lot's of 10 and 12 yr old boats for sale for that price range and they are not moving. Try it at 13 but if nothing happens in the next few weeks be prepared to move a bit lower. One sold in 2 days in Calgary last month it was a fish hawk side consul with a 60 Merc and front troller and it went for 8K

I know that because I was late to the party. grr
Old 05-17-2018, 04:36 PM

When great deals come up, they’re gone in the blink of an eye. I called on a Lund pro sport last year 17 minutes after it was posted and it already sold.

Depends how quickly you want to sell your boat. If you want it gone in a day list it for $9-10k. If you’re willing to wait for a month to get the right price, start at $13k.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:38 PM

Good stuff gang. Appreciate it. When he is ready it will hit the buy sell and kijijji
Old 05-17-2018, 06:56 PM

Default Sold mine last week

Your number sounds about right if it is I great shape.

Had mine on here and Facebook for two days. Nothing.

Put it on Kijiji ( first thing I ever put on there ) and the guy who bought messaged me 9 minutes after I posted at 630 in the morning.My email went nuts till I pulled the kijiji ad when buddy got to me.

Thought AO would have been the answer but Kijiji did it.

Good Luck
Old 05-17-2018, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebrand View Post
Your number sounds about right if it is I great shape.

Had mine on here and Facebook for two days. Nothing.

Put it on Kijiji ( first thing I ever put on there ) and the guy who bought messaged me 9 minutes after I posted at 630 in the morning.My email went nuts till I pulled the kijiji ad when buddy got to me.

Thought AO would have been the answer but Kijiji did it.

Good Luck
Thx
Old 05-18-2018, 07:41 AM

I think the guys here are pretty close... for that size of boat with that motor - $14 is definitely top end of this style, motor size, boat length, and year - but anything from 11K to 14K if the boat is mint with good quality and working options! Now is the time to sell..... start higher and go lower as time goes... ( people frown upon you increasing the price over time....lol.... ) its a long buying season...I didn't even buy mine until the end of September a couple of years back.....
Good luck on the sale of it... post the kijiji add link when it is posted and I could share it with other groups for ya!
Old 06-03-2018, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger72 View Post
I think the guys here are pretty close... for that size of boat with that motor - $14 is definitely top end of this style, motor size, boat length, and year - but anything from 11K to 14K if the boat is mint with good quality and working options! Now is the time to sell..... start higher and go lower as time goes... ( people frown upon you increasing the price over time....lol.... ) its a long buying season...I didn't even buy mine until the end of September a couple of years back.....
Good luck on the sale of it... post the kijiji add link when it is posted and I could share it with other groups for ya!

Thx. Lots of tire kickers on Kijiji at $13 000. Dropped to $11 000 on Kijiji. Have it here in the buy sell for $10 000 firm.