Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-09-2018, 08:52 AM
Banned

Default Ralph Goodale on Assault Rifles

I think its time to seriously flood his offices with calls and letters. Everyone also needs to call their mp

https://ipolitics.ca/2018/05/08/good...ssault-rifles/
Old 05-09-2018, 10:14 AM

There are some good comments at the bottom of that article.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:45 AM
Banned

It is interesting how 75 anti-gun signatures are acknowledged, but not the tens of thousands for the pro-gun e-petition.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:01 AM

So their thinking of changing legislation because 75 people sign a petition? WOW
Old 05-09-2018, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lead chucker View Post
So their thinking of changing legislation because 75 people sign a petition? WOW
Kinda almost makes a person wonder if this was in the works all along, doersn't it?
Old 05-09-2018, 11:19 AM

I wonder what Goodale and Selfie would do if 75,000 or better yet 750,000 gun proponents showed up on Parliament hill to protest the Liberal gun registration!

A march for guns might be in order to get the law abiding gun owners point of view across!

BW
Old 05-09-2018, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
I wonder what Goodale and Selfie would do if 75,000 or better yet 750,000 gun proponents showed up on Parliament hill to protest the Liberal gun registration!

A march for guns might be in order to get the law abiding gun owners point of view across!

BW
The CBC would paint us as alt-right Trump supporters.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:15 PM

I have no question in my mind that the Libs, if re-elected, will prohibit semi auto actions next. That includes double action revolvers if you think about it. They will grandfather them into 12.X as a new classification, but, they will do it, and they'll be able to say they won't recreate the registry in doing it that way. This fight will happen even if the Cons get elected in 2019, it will just wait til the Libs get re-elected again. And I fully expect the Cons will not change the laws to prevent this from happening down the road. Time is on the Libs side on this one.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcbride View Post
The CBC would paint us as alt-right Trump supporters.
Who gives a crap what the CBC has to say! 750,000 plus pro gun owners marching on Parliament Hill will get the MP's to take notice.

If we want change we have to make it happen. Gun owners need to take a page out of the anti's play book and use it.

BW
Old 05-09-2018, 12:24 PM

Remember to thank all your gunnie buddies who voted..LIBERAL last election...Some here on this very forum now Bitching about..the newest gun laws to come out of Ottawa.......
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:40 PM
Banned

http://nationalpost.com/news/politic...mass-shootings

Looks like he doesnt care about the opposition. Seriously. We need to protest and be heard
Old 05-09-2018, 12:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32-40win View Post
I have no question in my mind that the Libs, if re-elected, will prohibit semi auto actions next. That includes double action revolvers if you think about it. They will grandfather them into 12.X as a new classification, but, they will do it, and they'll be able to say they won't recreate the registry in doing it that way. This fight will happen even if the Cons get elected in 2019, it will just wait til the Libs get re-elected again. And I fully expect the Cons will not change the laws to prevent this from happening down the road. Time is on the Libs side on this one.
Waiting and praying for a politicial saviour to come along and save the day is the ultimate form of self imprisonment, NO Politician will ever reverse the course set in motion, they all play for the same team.

There truly is one born every minute! (Not a reference to yourself)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WywEir8Srbk

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NGZgK8E9BO8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWgNKsvs1AE
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resized_20180505_182421_8688.jpg (33.5 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpeg images-104.jpeg (6.8 KB, 73 views)

Last edited by ReconWilly; 05-09-2018 at 01:02 PM.
Old 05-09-2018, 04:24 PM
Banned

There is a Lethbridge Herald poll that is catering to the uninformed.
Old 05-09-2018, 04:54 PM

Goodale should get off his soapbox and start fighting the real problem.

Canadian caught at B.C. border trying to smuggle 19 handguns in from U.S., CBSA says
Canadian man facing 27 smuggling and gun charges after handguns found hidden in vehicle
Border guards at the Pacific Highway crossing had a sense there might be something fishy about a Canadian man who was trying to cross from the U.S. into Canada in late March.

After sending the van to a secondary search and calling in a detector dog, their hunch proved right when 19 handguns and 32 over-capacity magazines were discovered hidden behind panelling. The driver, Scott MacCallum Osborne, has been charged with 27 counts of smuggling, illegal importation and possession of firearms.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...says-1.4653687
Old 05-09-2018, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
It is interesting how 75 anti-gun signatures are acknowledged, but not the tens of thousands for the pro-gun e-petition.
You only need to look at the source of the request to understand a huge motivating factor of the Liberals in acknowledging 75 anti-gun signatures
Old 05-09-2018, 05:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
Goodale should get off his soapbox and start fighting the real problem.

Canadian caught at B.C. border trying to smuggle 19 handguns in from U.S., CBSA says
Canadian man facing 27 smuggling and gun charges after handguns found hidden in vehicle
Border guards at the Pacific Highway crossing had a sense there might be something fishy about a Canadian man who was trying to cross from the U.S. into Canada in late March.

After sending the van to a secondary search and calling in a detector dog, their hunch proved right when 19 handguns and 32 over-capacity magazines were discovered hidden behind panelling. The driver, Scott MacCallum Osborne, has been charged with 27 counts of smuggling, illegal importation and possession of firearms.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...says-1.4653687
Absolutely he should. As a law ŕbiding tax paying Canadian I shouldn't have to buy smuggled guns and be able to have a magazine of any size that I want or care to carry.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:48 PM
Banned

Can any one recall where a patrol carbine has been used to commit mass murder in Canada? There's only 3 instances I can recall. That shooting at that French school, mayerthorpe and moncton. Don't recall a ar platform ever being used here.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
Who gives a crap what the CBC has to say! 750,000 plus pro gun owners marching on Parliament Hill will get the MP's to take notice.

If we want change we have to make it happen. Gun owners need to take a page out of the anti's play book and use it.

BW
Lol

Cant even get “law abiding gun owners” to understand what an ATT is and when it is needed

Getting 5 of them to march on Parliament would be phenomenal.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:16 PM

As the owner of a "sporterized military rifle" I find the term assault rifle offensive. You could even say I'm triggered...
Old 05-09-2018, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Lol

Cant even get “law abiding gun owners” to understand what an ATT is and when it is needed

Exactly my point!

BW
Old 05-09-2018, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandHeart View Post
As the owner of a "sporterized military rifle" I find the term assault rifle offensive. You could even say I'm triggered...
I would write Merriam-Webster and tell them that you are offended....

Definition of assault rifle
: any of various intermediate-range, magazine-fed military rifles (such as the AK-47) that can be set for automatic or semiautomatic fire; also : a rifle that resembles a military assault rifle but is designed to allow only semiautomatic fire
Old 05-09-2018, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post

: any of various intermediate-range, magazine-fed military rifles (such as the AK-47) that can be set for automatic or semiautomatic fire; also : a rifle that resembles a military assault rifle but is designed to allow only semiautomatic fire
Just goes to show the people who pretend to understand firearms are allowed to go to print.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:47 AM
Banned

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Just goes to show the people who pretend to understand firearms are allowed to go to print.
Yep.

Even dictionaries are getting political as we can see. That second definition is so vague that it is obvious there was a severe lack of firearms knowledge there. A rifle that resembles an assault rifle actually is an assault rifle? So.... it does not have to be an assault rifle to be an assault rifle? What?
Old 05-10-2018, 05:28 AM

Quote:

Better let Oxford know.... apparently they're not up on the latest buzzwords.

"A lightweight rifle developed from the sub-machine gun, which may be set to fire automatically or semi-automatically."
Old 05-10-2018, 06:58 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Yup, Ralph Malph....such a Potsie!
Even Happy days had characters that mimic this fool.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-10-2018, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Lol

If 750,00 marched on Parliament they would call in the riot police and military. No doubt Anti gun groups would infiltrate the crowd, cause a confrontation, hot heads would react, rubber bullets and gas would fly. It would be portrayed in the media as a bunch of rioting gun wacos, doubt much good would come from it.
Old 05-10-2018, 07:45 AM

Quote:

I am sure that Merriam Webster have qualified firearms experts providing their definitions. They seem to be the only dictionary using this recently updated definition, which should be an indicator that someone with an agenda was involved with the recent change.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:04 AM

History is being PC rewritten . So is the dictionary

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 05-10-2018, 08:39 AM

why doesn't Ralph look to the US, Europe, and the middle east where all of the terrorist acts are being carried out by Muslims. do you think he would ban Muslims from entering Canada? face it, the liberals have an agenda and it isn't based on logic. unfortunately the media is also complicit in reporting a biased perspective on firearms and firearm owners to the population. time for a new provincial government here in Alberta, hopefully one which would take the issue of an independent Alberta seriously.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:52 AM
Banned

Why did this post get moved from `General Discussion` É

This is a discussion about public safety and the Minister of Public Safety discussing how his government is making Canada a safer place.