Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-27-2020, 09:20 AM

Default Dodge warranty

Anyone here have a restriction placed on their warranty?
I bought a 2018 3500 with 6.7 diesel from a dealer a couple months ago. Went to get some work done on it and discovered there is a restriction on engine and emissions warranty. The dealer did not disclose this at time of purchase and I had no idea such restrictions were possible.
Of course the dealer said they didn’t do it and knew nothing About it. They advised me to call Chrysler direct. Chrysler said any changes had to be done by the dealer...!
What do you advise for next step?
Old 10-27-2020, 09:31 AM

Sorry I am no help but any details at all regarding this restriction? Interested.
FYI I have the other 6.7 Power Stroke and love it but the emission crap on all big 3 can be issues and money!!!!
Old 10-27-2020, 09:39 AM

The restriction means there is no warranty on the engine or any of the emissions stuff. One of my injectors is a bit weak and would be replaced on warranty if not for the restriction, only 40k on the truck.
Old 10-27-2020, 09:45 AM

Was the truck modified by a previous owner and returned to stock before being traded back in?
Old 10-27-2020, 09:51 AM

Good question. I am going to have to get my dealer to find out what dealer was the original seller - they must be who put the restriction on.
Old 10-27-2020, 10:03 AM

If the selling dealer failed to disclose this major item you have grounds to go after them. Warranty on the Engine and Transmission of a diesel is a big ticket item and I would bet money it was sold as still having factory warranty. My other bet is the first owner chipped or otherwise messed with the truck and his dealer caught it and basically invalidated the warranty, which is allowed and laid out on the warranty. Anyone who has non-dealer modifications of any sort made to their vehicle's power train or suspension risks this if caught.
Old 10-27-2020, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
If the selling dealer failed to disclose this major item you have grounds to go after them. Warranty on the Engine and Transmission of a diesel is a big ticket item and I would bet money it was sold as still having factory warranty. My other bet is the first owner chipped or otherwise messed with the truck and his dealer caught it and basically invalidated the warranty, which is allowed and laid out on the warranty. Anyone who has non-dealer modifications of any sort made to their vehicle's power train or suspension risks this if caught.
That is probably it right there ....
Old 10-28-2020, 10:43 AM

Things are looking up, the dealer replaced an egr valve or something along that line and it triggered the computer to place a restriction without them knowing about it. Now they are working with Chrysler IT to get it removed and correct the trigger issue.
I am patiently remaining optimistic, good thing I am able to wait for the repair.
Old 10-28-2020, 11:54 AM

Good to hear. Warranty can be an issue all together.
Old 10-28-2020, 12:21 PM

That's great news, I think factory engine replacement iirc on those was around $38,000.00 lol

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....