Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2014, 05:54 AM

Default "Stop Order" issued to Spruce Grove Gun Club

Well here it is........for what it is worth, I plan on letting Parkland County know that I will, as long as this remains in place, not be dealing with any buisenesses in Parkland county.

Better send some letters, folks.

Hello,

As most of you will know by now, Parkland County has issued a “Stop Order” on the operation of the Spruce Grove Gun Club.

This is complicated and I will try to give you what I know.

There are two things to keep straight in your mind.
1. There has been a Stop Order issued by Parkland County; which can be appealed.
2. There is a Development Permit, which was granted to the Spruce Grove Gun Club, which can be appealed.

The development permit granted to the club has been appealed to the Sub-Division Appeal Board and is scheduled to be heard on July 28th with a decision to be delivered within 15 days.

This is not only a most unfortunate development, it happened without any notice to the club. The only recourse available to the club is to appeal the stop order, which the club will be doing immediately.

Right now I do not know any details as to the process, timeframe, etc. of the appeal process for the stop order.

The club is honoring the Stop Order. All shooting at the club has ceased until further notice.

To those of you that have sent notes asking if there is anything that you can do to help, we thank you. As soon as a plan is developed, and a need arises, count on being tapped on the shoulder and being asked to lend a hand on this very critical matter.

There will be more details in the future.