Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-26-2009, 09:38 AM

Default A good place to raise a family?

We sold our house in Sylvan, and are currently looking for an acreage. We are looking anywhere from Sundre up to Spirit River. We found a few reasonably priced homes In Fox Creek, Little Smoky, and the Valleyview area. Does any body have any thoughts on how the schools are, and if you would reccomend raising a family in the area. Thanks.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:25 AM

Exclamation

Hi There
We have a nice 1450sqft home on 3.5 acres with a perfect 1300sqft shop just outside of stoney plain.Great place for kids, lots of trees and wildlife.
Private but close to city .Price has dropped a lot, perfect time to buy.The house is all renevated from the roof down, everything is redone.
Listed with Arlie Jesperson for pictures, THANKS BOB
Old 05-26-2009, 03:26 PM

I moved to Valleyview from Alhambra about 11 yrs ago and like it here. There is lots of work close to town, lots of crown land, good fishing, a new Catholic school, modern hospital with good staff, and a new medical office building on the way. There is also talk of a new swimming pool/ rec complex being built in the next few years. The weather isn't much different than Sylvan except maybe drier in the summer and the summer nights are longer and hotter. Land and homes are affordable, which are the main reasons my wife and I moved here.

Since Valleyview is at the intersection of highways 43 and 49 you will get some visitors as anyone driving from central AB to NE BC, NW AB, the Yukon, NWT or Alaska will drive through Valleyview.

The only thing I don't like is being an hour drive away from a major center (Grande Prairie).

We have five year old twin girls and I think this is as good of a place as any to raise kids.