Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-28-2016, 08:34 PM

Default Gophanator and Friends/Fam 2016 Season

Hello everyone,

Our season started this year in early may with me and my dad harvesting our first bears, my bear measured 6'8" and my dads bear measured 6'2"

Sept.2 This was the first day my dad could get out now with big game season opened and my dad got his very first elk and he got it with his bow, this was a long time coming to get his first elk with nothing but bad luck in all the years past with them. It was a nice year and a half old cow and after a couple hours of me looking i tracked her down for my dad. (him being colour blind makes it hard on him to track blood)

Sept.10 I managed to call in a nice 5x5 bull for my buddy to get his first ever elk with his bow. Called the bull into 9 yards for a nice easy shot for him and it was his biggest elk to date.

My buddy and myself spent the rest of Sept trying to track down some good rams for me to hopefully take my first and if a second big one was there then for my buddy to take his second. We found lots of rams this season close to 80 total but nothing that we were interested in taking.

Oct.1 I was invited on a 4-7 day moose hunting trip in northern alberta with some step family this season and on the second day there (oct.1) one of them shot a nice 50" bull moose. I managed to shot 1 wolf off the gut pile but was unable to find it and then i called in a pack of 3 a couple days later but was unable to get a shot off at them.

Nov.1 My buddy and i set out to where I deer hunt all the time in hopes of getting some meat. This year I just picked up a new muzzle loader so I figured that i would try to use it for a deer, mid day i lucked out and managed to take a doe with it at 60 yards.

Nov.17 I decided i was going out to do a little coyote hunting to try and help out the farmer and the deer a bit and after a couple hours of sitting i seen 4 total and shot 2 of them.

Nov.18 My dad and I set out to one of the places were we bow hunt and after a couple hours of sitting I managed to arrow a nice little 4x4 wt at 10 yards out of my tree stand.

Nov.19 My dad, brother and I set out to the same place as the morning before and my dad was lucky enough to arrow a nice little 5x5 wt at 10 yards out of my tree stand that stood in the same spot as mine did. The buck walked the same path as the one i shot did because they were both checking there scraps.

Dec. In Dec my dad, a buddy and myself all ended up doing some goose hunting in some fields near our house and did quite well with limiting out most outings but not every time.

uploaded 8 of 16 pics that im trying to here so i will upload the next 8 as soon as i can.

Last edited by gophanator; 12-28-2016 at 08:43 PM.
Old 12-28-2016, 09:11 PM

sorry for some being the wrong way not sure why they are like this..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (117.1 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (131.6 KB, 147 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (106.0 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (96.0 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (114.6 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (115.0 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (105.5 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (139.9 KB, 122 views)
Old 12-28-2016, 09:19 PM

The rest of the pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9.jpg (151.4 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg 10.jpg (133.1 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg 12.jpg (112.2 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg 11.jpg (138.7 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg 13.jpg (97.3 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg 14.jpg (88.6 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg 15.jpg (88.4 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg 16.jpg (99.5 KB, 63 views)
Old 12-28-2016, 09:31 PM
Banned

sounds like a great season..... nice pics, but now I've got a kink in my neck!