Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-27-2009, 01:13 PM

Default You think you have it tuff ? An inspiring story

Take a look at this , My grandpa sent me this told me he thought it reminded him of me when I was younger playing 8 years of football . http://vodpod.com/watch/1165857-walk-on-espn-video
Old 05-27-2009, 06:11 PM

Great human story, BBJ. Keeps things properly in perspective for us.

I have a Big Bad nephew playing Junior football. Maybe I'll send him this. Thank your Grandad for me.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:16 PM

What a courageous young man. That is very inspirational and up lifting. We all seem to pi$$ and moan whenever some little thing goes wrong or gets in our way, and yet this man did the seemingly impossible. I can only wish that I had his courage and willpower. I am humbled.....
Old 05-27-2009, 06:45 PM
river_runner

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN View Post
Take a look at this , My grandpa sent me this told me he thought it reminded him of me when I was younger playing 8 years of football . http://vodpod.com/watch/1165857-walk-on-espn-video
Life is what it is

life

is roughno dout .I dont care for golf.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:15 PM

When I was 5 yrs old, my mom pulled my older sister and I from approximately 85 street and Jasper to 50 street and 23 ave on a tobaggan. We had run out of food to eat, there was NOTHING left to eat. She pulled us on a tobaggan in the middle of winter some 45 years ago. Yeah, Mom was tough. I put myself through 8 years of university by myself. Yeah, I'm tough. My cousin David hsa been in a wheelchair since he was 8 or 9 yrs old, he did an engineering degree and now is the owner of a firm worth 6,000,000.00US. Yeah, he's tough. My wife won a battle with 3rd degrre Lymphomphia 9 yrs ago and is healthy as normal. Yeah, she's tough. I lost the sight in my left eye last January due to an infection in OR. Yeah, I'm tough. So what?

Someone needs a kick in the ass to find out how tough they are? Be patient, sooner or later life will start kicking. If you're in a hurry, let me know, I'll come over and start preparing you now for later. Let me know.

Bobby B.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:37 PM

X2 Bobby!

John, thanks for the vid man. My season is really starting to get underway right now. Each new year, getting into 'climbing shape' seems harder and harder. I left my ladder behind at 2 this afternoon, and didn't hit the deck until 8 this evening. The wind played havoc, the location was difficult and the climbing by times was dangerous. I'm tired and hurt from head to toe and know that it will only be worse tomorrow................

Then I watched you clip and felt like a puss.

Never underestimate anyone and what they can do. We are all put here for a reason. We all face challanges. Some are much bigger than others. Some are MUCH bigger than any. It is how you face and overcome such of life's adversities that make us who and what we are. Yer one of the good one's Johnny!

Tree
Old 05-28-2009, 12:10 AM
Banned

http://www.alltopshoes.com