Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 01-28-2009, 11:45 AM

Default Stick and string and compound questions

So we might as well get into it in here as well.
Since we want to debate every nano intracasy of every quasi contraversial subject, just so we can look like a bunch of totally dis organized or even unified hunters.

Do you feel that the use of a compund bow with guchi pre sharpened replaceble blade boradheads, with carbon composite, or aluminum arrows, has an un fair advantage of a dyed in the wool, stick and string shooter with ceder arrows, sharpenable broadheads?

Does anyone else get where I am coming from, not with this post but with our recent trend in here.

There are no absolutes

Last edited by Dick284; 01-28-2009 at 11:52 AM. Reason: my typing sucks
Old 01-28-2009, 12:04 PM
Banned

Im with ya 200%, I have been a member of this board for close to 4.5 years and have less than 100 posts. I read this forum at least a couple times a day. I love it most of the time but alot of the time recently there has not been any good conversations on here for the most part anyway. There is no other forum like this for Alberta, hell even for western canada really, so lets cut out all the BS and get back to what this is suppsoed to be, helping out others and having good conversation. I know differences of opinion will occur and a good discussion will have two sides but can we please cut out all the bickering at each other?
Old 01-28-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
So we might as well get into it in here as well.
Since we want to debate every nano intracasy of every quasi contraversial subject, just so we can look like a bunch of totally dis organized or even unified hunters.

Do you feel that the use of a compuond bow with guchi pre sharpened replaceble blade boradheads, with carbon composite, or aluminum arrows, has an un fair advantage of a dyed in the wool, stick and string shooter with ceder arrows, sharpenable broadheads?

Does anyone else get where I am coming from, not with this post but with our recent trend in here.
Nope, not when you put "spot and stalk" into the mix!
Although I have heard about it, I've never seen first hand anyone that could shoot one of those tricked up compounds with anything but a vertical hold.
A stick bow can be shot in any position, including upside down!
Anyway, I just don't like 'em. but then I don't like the "I" word either!!
Cat

Last edited by catnthehat; 01-28-2009 at 10:25 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:51 AM

[QUOTE=Dick284;255013] just so we can look like a bunch of totally dis organized or even unified hunters.

QUOTE]

Why do we have to be under 1 big tent? I think the diversity amongst hunters legitimizes and protects our interests. The fact that we can have a difference of opinion and still keep hunting demonstrates that there is a maturity and sophistication behind the "lobby".

Imagine how life would be if we were all the same guy out there - wearing the same hunting jacket, holding the same weapon, with the exact same thing going on in the grey matter. It scares me to think about it. The fact is- we would be even easier to alienate and marginalize.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:10 AM

Agreed...diversification is what keeps this sport going...if we all had the same mindset hunting would have been gone a long time ago...

Plus I have seen some of the jackets some guys wear out there
"If it gobbles, quacks, bugles or grunts, chances are I’ve chased it more than a time or two. Droppin’ the hammer and closin’ the coffin on anything with antlers, feathers or fur just never gets old."
Micheal Waddell....... just a cool cat IMO

"there is more fun in hunting with the handi cap of a bow than the sureness of a gun."
Fred Bear........ probobly the greatest hunter to ever live, definately the most respected.