Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 01-26-2009, 06:25 PM

Solved.

Last edited by Albertabowhunter; 01-29-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:25 PM

Thumbs up

Well, we went down to Sherwood Park Archery Lanes tonight. And actually had a great conversation with Dallas and Doug. It was actually nice to be able to talk to them over this, and now I feel I should have done so prior to posting this thread. What it came down to was a miscommunication and misunderstanding. In the end we all felt we had a part to play in all of this and now understand each other better. We all have learned from this and I feel we are back on good terms.

I must say thank you to Dallas and Doug for taking the time and talking about the recent issues. And in case of another misunderstanding, we will come to you guys first, and hopefully we can deal with it then and there.

Maybe I guess the best for us all if we have a problem there are better ways to deal with it than post our problems for all to see. Maybe this should have been saved as a last resort.

My apologies for any inconveniences I may have caused. . . You guys did good!
Old 01-26-2009, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertabowhunter View Post
Well, we went down to Sherwood Park Archery Lanes tonight. And actually had a great conversation with Dallas and Doug. It was actually nice to be able to talk to them over this, and now I feel I should have done so prior to posting this thread. What it came down to was a miscommunication and misunderstanding. In the end we all felt we had a part to play in all of this and now understand each other better. We all have learned from this and I feel we are back on good terms.

I must say thank you to Dallas and Doug for taking the time and talking about the recent issues. And in case of another misunderstanding, we will come to you guys first, and hopefully we can deal with it then and there.

Maybe I guess the best for us all if we have a problem there are better ways to deal with it than post our problems for all to see. Maybe this should have been saved as a last resort.

Nice to hear Richard
I met them at a shoot a couple weeks ago they seemed like really nice people, Sent a couple people there this afternoon looking for a couple bows that my sponsors shop did not have on the shelf but they did
Old 01-27-2009, 05:07 PM

Smile Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertabowhunter View Post

Richard,

Thank thank you for supporting SPAL and for spending the time to speak with us last night, the staff are happy to have this issue resolved.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:17 PM

Sounds like pretty good customer service to make sure they talked with ya openly about the situation.....

Good on ya SPAL.....
Old 01-27-2009, 05:20 PM

I think he is a dI*% head. $1000.00 dolarrs is alot of money. And not even giving you a discount on anything is a rip. If I was you I would change spots to practice.

Jim at Jimbow's is really nice. i bought my bow 1 week ago. Im new to it, and he told me everything there is, set me up, and just helped me a lot.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter10 View Post
I think he is a dI*% head. $1000.00 dolarrs is alot of money. And not even giving you a discount on anything is a rip. If I was you I would change spots to practice.

Jim at Jimbow's is really nice. i bought my bow 1 week ago. Im new to it, and he told me everything there is, set me up, and just helped me a lot.
...sigh...

how is it people know how to type but can't read?

Hunter -10 I think the issue has been amicably resolved.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ View Post
...sigh...

how is it people know how to type but can't read?

Hunter -10 I think the issue has been amicably resolved.
ahaha, I kinda figured that out after I read. i thought there was just one page.

Sorry guys.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:53 PM

Default Spal

As far as people yaping off about spal not giving discounts and such.Well lets put it to you this way I have no idea what spal buy there stock for as i'm sure no one else doze either and yes i shop around to see what other shops are selling it for but I'll tell u this I dont mind paying just a little more for something if I know the service is there and at spal thats what I get well priced products and service that is a cut above any other shop I have ever been to.Its pretty easy to sit back and be an armchair quarter back and bash shops for not giving discounts and all that other jazz.If running a buisness was easy we would all be doing it.If spal wants to give someone a discount I belive thats their choice.I don't walk into stores thinking that they have to give me a discount.If they do thats just a bounus.I think if you walk into a store and treat the staff poorly than thats what you'll get in return.I do not have a problem with that.It sounds like the people complaining about spal think maybe there the cock of the walk and so be it.Be prepared to be treated as such this is human nature.I for one will not take my buisness anywhere else but there they treat me very well and bend over backwards for me and many of my hunting buddys.I've tryed to give them payment for helping me for hours at a time and they have refused to take my money they just tell me not to worry about it and that goes along way in my book. The staff and owners at spal are top shelf in my book.Thank you spal for your help and keep up the outstanding service and products.

Last edited by The cooter; 01-28-2009 at 04:01 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:54 PM

Cooter, subject is closed.... let it die already....
Old 01-29-2009, 08:54 AM

Okay I'll say no more.Sorry I just get kinda heated about this kind of stuff cheers.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by depopulator View Post
Like I said, BS. And speaking of "believe what you want", how can anyone take your slagging of SPAL seriously when you advertise elsewhere (see above) that you are affiliated with the another archery shop ? That speaks volumes to your [lack of] credibility and to that of the shop you endorse. What a joke.

see you at the shoots....
Amen, It seems asthough I am not the only one!