Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-13-2011, 08:08 PM
Banned

Default how about something positive

i know we outdoorsmen are set in our own ways... what we take from this site is our own and we use it in that way... we being canadian/albertan through and through will always have a difference of opinion... some things rub some differently than it does others... there has been alot of negative words and thoughts on the site since i have joined and i know we all mean well... i myself have a total different set of beleifs than many of you and will continue to follow... id just like to start a positive thread and thank all of you for the many things ive learned... because that is what i use this site for... to learn things i may have not known... i like to debate things that arent familiar to me and offer no offence and take none just the same...

just wondering why you fellow albertans are here? why do you frequent this site?
Old 02-13-2011, 08:11 PM

Good thread, I too have had my run - ins with some of the guys, being fairly new to the forum and all ( compared to some of you...) but overall I like hanging out here!

And I like seeing all the big ass whitetails guys ( and girls! ) have shot!!!
Old 02-13-2011, 08:14 PM

This a great site to follow! More knowledge to be gained here than I'll ever be able to put to good use! The buy and sell section is great, as I've bought several riffles from members and had a great experience every time!
Old 02-13-2011, 08:21 PM

I have learned many things of this site, and met some very nice people yourself included. It's about time to see some positive.

Andy
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Old 02-13-2011, 08:24 PM
Banned

thanks andy... i cant thank you enough for driving all the way to my place to deliver your pif!!! i use it daily
Old 02-13-2011, 08:27 PM

Because I am more of a buyer/seller/collector than a hunter or fisherman, I joined because of the sales forums. I stayed because of the great people I have met, and because I enjoy the exchange of information with regards to all the above.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-13-2011, 08:29 PM
Banned

OK fine, if you want a hug, then so be it. We all fight, disagree and then move on, that's what we do. Come on Sheep, Elk, chuck, let's all hug. bahahahah.....get away from me you fa....s.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:30 PM

This site is the most interesting and most frustrating part of my day. I love it and hate it.

Sorry I know that is only half positive.lol
Old 02-13-2011, 08:30 PM

I joined because I'm 15 and need to soak up all the useful knowledge that I can. Whether it be in hunting, fishing, shooting, or anything in general. There is at LEAST 1 person that can help me. I can also give some info to those that need it.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
OK fine, if you want a hug, then so be it. We all fight, disagree and then move on, that's what we do. Come on Sheep, Elk, chuck, let's all hug. bahahahah.....get away from me you fa....s.
lol
Old 02-13-2011, 08:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanmc View Post
This site is the most interesting and most frustrating part of my day. I love it and hate it.

Sorry I know that is only half positive.lol
lol nope... your comment is actually positive and i thank you for it
Old 02-13-2011, 08:42 PM

Why am I here? Well , let's see....
Hmmm, for any number of reasons, none of which are to fight with anybody!
I do tend to lose my composure at times however, and it is not a good feeling for me.
I tend to relate to many of the people on this board.
Mostly , it's because I enjoy talking about the outdoors when I can't actually BE outdoors, and I'm not sure if anyone here has noticed, but I kinda like talking about guns as well!
Cat
Old 02-13-2011, 08:44 PM

Two of my favorite threads have involved people with health issues, the encouragement I see from the people on this forum warms my heart, and restores my belief in my fellow man.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:46 PM

This is a great place to keep informed of what is going on around the province,as far as hunting,and animal populations are concerned.It's also a great place to see some of the nice animals that people have taken.It also serves as a place to organize events like the Pointer Parties.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:47 PM
Banned

I don't know why. But it's the first thing I do in the morning, no matter how early.

Actually no, I have a pee first, then check AO.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
I don't know why. But it's the first thing I do in the morning, no matter how early.

Actually no, I have a pee first, then check AO.
haha so im not alone....
Old 02-13-2011, 08:51 PM

Smile Great site!

If there is anything you need to know FAST, somebody on here is an expert. I have had lots of help from fishermen, and hunters.

If you think there is negative things on this site read the editorial page of any newspaper.

This is the glimmer of hope in my day that mankind has a chance!
Old 02-13-2011, 08:58 PM
Banned

I joined the site due to my huge love for the outdoors and the sports that take place there.
I didnt plan on being involved as much as I have but it has all been a great experience.
Ive ****ed alot off along the way and probably more as I go but have also met some lifetime friends and hunting partners.
I also have had the oppertunity to get alot of PMs and emails for pointers and sure hope I was able to help those people with the pointers I gave.
Also I have learned a little along the way and look forward to many many more discussions(unless I get banned ) and threads in the future.
SG
Old 02-13-2011, 08:59 PM

It's like a big family. We'll bicker amongsts ourselves, but when push comes to shove, we are a formidable force. Just ask Cody........
Old 02-13-2011, 09:05 PM
Banned

I have no friends !!!
Old 02-13-2011, 09:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb356 View Post
I have no friends !!!
bud... im your freind!!!
Old 02-13-2011, 09:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob1202 View Post
bud... im your freind!!!
THANKS MAN
Old 02-13-2011, 09:14 PM

Default joined

I joined because there is a lot of highly talented hunters on this site. a lot of good stories and pictures. I know I have pizzed off a pile of people with my shoot straight from the hip style of speaking, and I do apologize for that, but I have really been trying to think about other peoples feelings before hitting the keyboard. I look forward to opening this site daily, wheather I have anything to say or not.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob1202 View Post
bud... im your freind!!!
freind?..........is that a special friend?
Old 02-13-2011, 09:23 PM

Location: 3rd rock from the sun, formerly from 4th rock from the sun
Smile

It's the only place that would put up with me I am pretty hard to get along with as some of you have no doubt noticed ;o)

Seiously though I joined because of the great people and similar interests that are shared here
Old 02-13-2011, 09:28 PM

Some of the best people and outdoorsman call AO home and I have been fortunate enough to chat with them daily as well as meet and hunt with a few..
Old 02-13-2011, 09:35 PM

I have learned more on this board than from any hunting magazine I have ever bought. The people on here are just like you and I. It is like a drug for me. I wake up and lurk right away. I get to work and do the same. I get home and right back at it. Its kind of like being in a bar with all your buddies and everyone is talking and giving ideas and opinions. Every so often a couple of your buddies get in an arguement but then they patch up (for the most part) or agree to disagree. I enjoy the banter in all sections. General discussion is kind of like a gossip rag.lol You try not to open certain threads BUT YA KNOW YA WANNA!!! It's a great way to start and end the day reading the board. Oh and I have had some serious nose spews reading some of the funny stuff while drinking my coffee in the morning.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:39 PM

anything to do with the outdoors,hunting,fishing i want to be a part of,these are great sites,alberta outdoorsman,hunting b.c,canadian gunnutz,lots and lots of very knowledgeable people on these sites,even if there are occasional confrontations(just had one) absolutely love these sites,big group hug to the mods for their great service
Old 02-13-2011, 09:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
freind?..........is that a special friend?
hey now lol
Old 02-13-2011, 09:41 PM
sheephunter

Great source of instant information about what's going on in Alberta's Outdoor community. This is definitely the place to hear news first. Lots of people with lots of knowledge and always love the pics during the season. This board has had some real influence on law makers and breakers and on our SRD staff. The added bonus is I've made some great friends and shared some great days afield with them. I get the odd idea for a column here as well Not sure if there is an outdoor forum that is as influential as AO has been.