Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-11-2011, 07:34 AM

Default Another act of police violence

Came across this on another webstite. what is the world coming to.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81311592/
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Old 02-11-2011, 07:49 AM

Oh if you look long enough you'll find crap that law inforcement pulls off every day, but you know what I for one believe they do a pretty good job
of looking after the human zoo.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:11 AM

So now it's okay to threaten a person with a weapon to get information?And the officers are cocky enough to let their actions be taped,so they obviously have no fear of being held accountable for their illegal activities.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:27 AM

I've got no problem with threatening......now if he actually tazed him in the twins I'd have a bit more of a problem with it.

tm
Old 02-11-2011, 08:39 AM

elkhunter11 You read way to much into a couple sentences. No where did I post that it was ok, I did say you could dig up crap on law inforcement every day if you look for it. I also said I believe they do a pretty good job as caretakers.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:45 AM

Quote:
elkhunter11 You read way to much into a couple sentences. No where did I post that it was ok,
Obviously that criminal posing as a police officer thinks that it's okay,considering that he is being recorded.

Quote:
I've got no problem with threatening......now if he actually tazed him in the twins I'd have a bit more of a problem with it.
Threatening to use a weapon on someone in order to gain information is torture,which has been outlawed by most civilized countries.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:51 AM

LOL, it was pretty funny though. and I'm not sure if I'd call that torture! More like coercing, or maybe threateng, the guy probably desereved to a few volts to the bullocks.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:58 AM

They should have pulled the trigger and maybe it'd be oneless idiot breeding more idiots.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:59 AM

x2
Old 02-11-2011, 09:02 AM

baahhh.....it was worth a shot. Dude mighta said, "ok don't taze em' man, I'll tell ya where Bob went".

Now the guy gets to go get booked for whatever he was doing and can tell all his buddies a cool story about how they were gonna taze him in the nutz but he didn't say anything.

tm
Old 02-11-2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:
They should have pulled the trigger and maybe it'd be oneless idiot breeding more idiots.
Of course that would apply for the cop as well.

At least he didn't kick anyone in the face.I guess that he thought that illegally threatening a handcuffed person with a weapon made him enough of a hero.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
At least he didn't kick anyone in the face.
Rough morning meeting there Elk??

Nobody got hurt here....spur of the moment stuff.

Coffee up there bud.....it's almost the weekend and you can fondle the Coopers and the Grd 6 eh

tm
Old 02-11-2011, 09:17 AM

Quote:

Nobody got hurt here....spur of the moment stuff.
People are often arrested for making threats in the spur of the moment.That is when most threats are made,however,the people doing the threatening usually aren't armed people threatening handcuffed individuals.

When the police are so cocky that they let their illegal actions be taped,they obviously have no fear of being held accountable for their actions.These instances of the police breaking the laws that they are paid to uphold are getting more common every day,and it is time for a crackdown on the police.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 02-11-2011 at 09:29 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra Monkey View Post
Coffee up there bud.....
You have to read the whole post......that was not enough time to have a coffee. Please reply again after you have done so.

tm
Old 02-11-2011, 09:25 AM
Banned

I personally don't see allot bad with the tazer comments. A little offensive yes, but a terrible act, no. He is after all dealing with a known criminal and who cares if his feelings are hurt. Intimidation is not a form of torture in my books and certainly doesn't rank up with kicking someone in the face or sucker punching him. Now if he actually carried through with the threat that's a different matter.

I don't think that we need to saddle the police with being politically correct to criminals. It wouldn't work in the cesspool that they find themselves in. Violence is what criminals know and intimidation can work in allot of cases. I'd say carry on but in the future be a little more discrete.

Anyone wanna bet that there's a post traumatic stress lawsuit coming?
Old 02-11-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Intimidation is not a form of torture in my books
Your books don't count as far as our laws are concerned.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torture

Quote:
Torture, according to the United Nations Convention Against Torture (an advisory measure of the UN General Assembly) is:

...any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, is intentionally inflicted on a person for such purposes as obtaining from him, or a third person, information or a confession, punishing him for an act he or a third person has committed or is suspected of having committed, or intimidating or coercing him or a third person, or for any reason based on discrimination of any kind, when such pain or suffering is inflicted by or at the instigation of or with the consent or acquiescence of a public official or other person acting in an official capacity.
Quote:
Torture is prohibited under international law and the domestic laws of most countries in the 21st century. It is considered to be a violation of human rights, and is declared to be unacceptable by Article 5 of the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Signatories of the Third Geneva Convention and Fourth Geneva Convention officially agree not to torture prisoners in armed conflicts. Torture is also prohibited by the United Nations Convention Against Torture, which has been ratified by 147 states.[2]
Old 02-11-2011, 09:36 AM

I guess a better police response in your mind would be:

"Ok Sir, please sit quietly while we try to apprehend your buddies who just ran away. Can I get you a lawyer and a shirt?"

tm
Old 02-11-2011, 10:08 AM
Banned

Torture, according to the United Nations Convention Against Torture (an advisory measure of the UN General Assembly) is:

...any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, is intentionally inflicted on a person for such purposes as obtaining from him, or a third person, information or a confession.....

So you figure that the Officer's intimidation was severe do you?
Old 02-11-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
So you figure that the Officer's intimidation was severe do you?
Would you consider it severe if it was you that was handcuffed,and it was your privates that he was pointing the weapon at,and repeatedly threatening to use it?
Old 02-11-2011, 10:16 AM

Perhaps instead of using the Taser, they should start shooting a few more people, that way they will get the respect that they deserve.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:20 AM

I don't see anything wrong with that. These guys know what they are getting into. Should we sit and play patty cake with them?

They are thugs. Period. You stay out of situations where you have to worry about this stuff and the cops leave you alone.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra Monkey View Post
I guess a better police response in your mind would be:

"Ok Sir, please sit quietly while we try to apprehend your buddies who just ran away. Can I get you a lawyer and a shirt?"

tm
x2 And may be a pillow and a back rub for your comfort. Hey elk, what if this guy just hit your wife or your daughter ,or worse ,you would think different. Yes it was wrong but scum is scum sometimes violence is all they know.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Would you consider it severe if it was you that was handcuffed,and it was your privates that he was pointing the weapon at,and repeatedly threatening to use it?
If I was a career criminal I would expect similar treatment if I were arrested. So no, I wouldn't consider it severe and it certainly is not torture according to the exerts that you posted. IMO the Officer will be reprimanded for inappropriate behavior and will be told to use more discretion in the future.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
If I was a career criminal I would expect similar treatment if I were arrested.
How do you know that the person in question was a career criminal?

Quote:
So no, I wouldn't consider it severe and it certainly is not torture according to the exerts that you posted.
Of course, that is only your opinion.

Quote:
You stay out of situations where you have to worry about this stuff and the cops leave you alone.
Just like they left Buddy Tavares alone,as he was driving home,minding his own business.The officer that kicked him in the face probably thought that he was just doing his job, thankfully,the RCMP doing the investigation did not agree, and they recommended criminal charges against the officer.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:42 AM

You should really go have that coffee man.......nobody got hurt in the video above. Reactions to the Tavares video were taken much differently on here as I recall.

tm
Old 02-11-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
You should really go have that coffee man.......nobody got hurt in the video above.
If someone pointed a weapon at you and threatened to use it,then walked away leaving you unhurt,would that make everything alright?

Do you realize that uttering threats is a criminal offense,even if nobody is hurt?

Quote:
Reactions to the Tavares video were taken much differently on here as I recall.
Some people tried to justify the officers actions.In any case,the incident proves,that minding your own business,is no guarantee that the police will leave you alone,as was suggested in a previous post.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Do you realize that uttering threats is a criminal offense,even if nobody is hurt?
I can picture it now....a young Elkhunter06 after running from the playground to the principals office;

"He said he was going to kill me if I said one more thing Sir, I want him charged!!!!!"

tm
Old 02-11-2011, 11:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
How do you know that the person in question was a career criminal?
I don't. I stated that "if I was a career criminal".

Actually, I have quite an extensive knowledge of what does and doesn't constitute torture. That wasn't torture, that was intimidation. The Officer was charged and found guilty of one count of threatening bodily harm. Pfffft.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:14 AM

Quote:
I can picture it now....a young Elkhunter06 after running from the playground to the principals office;

"He said he was going to kill me if I said one more thing Sir, I want him charged!!!!!"
Actually,I preferred to fight my own battles as a kid,but unfortunately,our government won't let us fight our own battles as adults.They won't even let us protect ourselves,insisting that the police will protect us.My point is that if I can be arrested for uttering threats,the police should not be allowed to break our laws, by uttering threats either.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
My point is that if I can be arrested for uttering threats,the police should not be allowed to break our laws, by uttering threats either.
They aren't and he was charged.