Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-22-2009, 12:25 PM

Default Fishing trips in 2009?

I know that we're still in the heart of hardwater fishing, but I can't help but daydream about warm summer days out fishing or fall Walleye on the North Saskatchewan. Anyone have plans for any fishing trips this year? If so, lets hear them. I myself will be off to the Kitimat/Skeena the last week of June to try my luck for springs and see if I can put a few more dings in the boat.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:27 PM

Great bear Lake in July for big lakers and pike. Fraser river in August and November for the 12 footer I've been waiting for.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:28 PM
Banned

Pd. We have booked into Prince Rupert at Salmon King Adventures for June 29.
It will be the same 9 guys from last year.
One of the thinga I apprecaite is the fact we get the lodge to ourselfs.

Should be a good time.

Jamie
Old 01-22-2009, 01:23 PM

Huatulco Mexico next month offshore for Marlin Tuna and Sails, will also try some Kayak fishing.

June in The QCI at Peregrine Lodge for Chinooks and Halibut.

Looking for a fly in Fall trip for pike Walleye, Sugestions?
Old 01-22-2009, 01:28 PM

Heading to Langara Fishing Lodge on the NW tip of the Queen Charlottes in early September for Salmon, Halibut, Ling, Snapper and Rockfish. I am hoping to catch a few sharks also. Salmon sharks are great fun to hook into.

Also one year the humbolt squid came in close to shore, a few were caught...but not be me

I am hoping for a few trout trips...maybe a trip to Montana and one at least to SE BC.

Otherwise just fishing around Calgary and area.

Cheers

Sun
Old 01-22-2009, 01:31 PM

Hoping to hit the Fraser for big sturgeon. Then Nov/Dec hopefully for some deep sea fishing at Cabo's. This summer plan to hit the Boundary Resorvoir in Sask for largemouth bass. Other than that, every weekend will be spent chasing walleyes or pike here in Alberta and Sask.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:35 PM

Hmmm... a couple of guys going to the Fraser for sturgeon. Hopefully I'll be able to schedule a business trip out that way so I can tow the boat and give it a try.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:36 PM

I will be fishing trout in jasper park and surrounding area hard just like i do every year. I got a good inside tip on lake diefenbaker rainbows (home of the recently caught 43 plus pound world record rainbow) so I plan to go down there and hunt for the fish of a lifetime.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:38 PM

Well im not going to be leaving to go any where fancy but pigeon, wababmun sask- kimble lake, mustus 1,2,3 (but only if we goto sask) and maby fishing in jasper/banff region. And NSR!
Old 01-22-2009, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdfish View Post
Hmmm... a couple of guys going to the Fraser for sturgeon. Hopefully I'll be able to schedule a business trip out that way so I can tow the boat and give it a try.
I like the way you think....PM me if you do get a chance to go. I can get you in the right areas if you haven't been before.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:49 PM

My whole summer is just one big fishing trip
Old 01-22-2009, 03:51 PM

1 week from tomorrow I'll be trying my hand at fly rod sailfish in Costa Rica once again. Later in Feb, I've got another day booked.......hopefully it'll go as good as it did last year.
Sailfish Flies 2.jpg
In July, I've got a week set aside for a Salmon fishing trip in Port Hardy can't wait.........haven't fished the west coast for a very long time.....

Last edited by elnino54; 01-22-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:10 PM

Still in the planning stages but it looks like a return trip to Nootka Sound on the west coast of Van. Island. Been going there for 3 years now. Going August 15 through till the 22nd. Planning on taking my boat this year for a little more comfort and security. Primary target for me will be coho's and then some chinooks. We'll spend a couple days out in 300' to try and get some hali's. The early summer will be chasing walleyes on the SAWT. the rest of the summer will be for fun for both walleyes and trout at the cabin in Montana.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:20 PM

There are alot of trout to chase up in the Rockies.
See how those Triploids are doing as well.
Might head east one weekend for some Tigers..
Old 01-22-2009, 04:35 PM

Be sure to stop in and say hi when in Port Hardy elnino....and if you have any questions about fishing up our area since you haven't in so long, be sure to let me know if I can be of any help.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:46 PM

My Dad really wants to go salmon fishing, so we are looking into heading out somewhere on the coast. Every year I head to Kenora on Lake of the Woods for a week in August, and I absolutely love that trip. And otherwise lots of trips to various Saskatchewan destinations like Nipawin, Last Mountain Lake, and Diefenbaker. I might even go to Minnesota to fish a FLW or AIM tournament out there in the summer, just waiting on some tournament dates to be set. Chris K
Old 01-22-2009, 05:20 PM

I live in montana and I'm planning to drive up to southern Alberta this spring to fish for northerns. I have never fished there and would like some advice on where a guy might take 3 teenage boys to hook them up with some northerns.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:00 PM

well, just got back from some inshore fishing in PV

and am patiently waiting for march when i'll be heading out to cuba for a lil bone fishing... can't wait
cheers
Old 01-22-2009, 06:13 PM

Default summer fishing

In the planning stages of taking a camping/ fishing trip along the south side of Great Slave Lake from hay River to Fort Resolution around the end of July. Will try close to shore and some rivers and small lakes on the way. Will be first time up there so should be interesting!
Old 01-22-2009, 06:28 PM

Off to Toquart Bay for camping and fishing in mid July. Hopefully the salmon are in and hopefully my first hali.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:41 PM

Thumbs up Pinehurst

Well boys my self i will b e on pinehusrt every chance i can get away tahts the only plan i got
Old 03-17-2009, 10:05 PM

I cannot wait for the summer! We are camping every weekend so I'll be able to take my daughter out again most every weekend, and hit some rivers\lakes in the surrounding areas. We are going south for a family reunion {Fort Macleod I think}

A few of us are going to Ryan lake with Mikisew {anyone been} and I think I'm most looking forward to that, though it's hard to beat some of the creeks in the northern rockies all by your self one eye on the water and the other on the bears.

Did I mention I can't wait until summer!
Old 03-17-2009, 11:24 PM

Default I am similar to

troutpirate as I like the Rockies. Will also do Chain north in late May to see if it as good as last sprin. Want to try figure eight and more in the Hinton area. I have a holiday trailer and am single so if anyone out there needs a fishing partner let me know.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:00 AM

Default 2009

Tobin Lake in June. Hoping to get to Kitimat in the fall...
Old 03-18-2009, 08:03 AM

plan on hitting some big lakes in bc for sm and lm fishing
Old 03-18-2009, 08:20 AM
Banned

Default Beedlldeebeeddledeebeedlldeee.....

......PAAANNNAAMMMAAA!!!!! Won a travel voucher and I have an uncle with a marina down there. I'm realy stoked to try going after them with a spear gun and snorkle gear. Theres supposed to be good tarpon and deep sea fishing as well that id like to try. month and a half and I'm outa here.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:42 AM

in the final stages of planning a caribbean trip. A buddy that is helping plan the trip has fished around Grand Camen island's before. I got my fingers crossed that things work out and I will be able to get a day of fishing around the island for Mahi's.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:29 AM

Default Fishing trips 2009

Going up Lake Athabasca again with Indian Head camp for some lakers on June 24. Then I will be towing the jetboat down to Chilliwack for some more sturgeon fishing in August and probably again in October. These will be the big trips, with lots of local fishing in between.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:13 PM

Is Indian head very good?? I am going to Pigeon, Rock Island, Calling, Slave, Fraser River, NSR, Chain north and Dolberg....
Old 03-18-2009, 12:28 PM

Dragging my boat to Winter Harbour last week of Aug. for 2 weeks