Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-16-2017, 12:26 AM

Would stay in University past 4 years, and focused of medical field.

In 1989 when all my friends bailed out of PA to head to Calgary I would follow.

Wouldn't have become a jail guard

Wouldn't have taken PE.

Would keep a few of the nice vehicles I had in the 80s as there is no way even with a pretty high salary I can afford them anymore.

Lots of things to do differently, thats what life is about, learning.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:08 AM

Aiming 2 feet to the left when the bullet hit the rocks beside the ram that was running up the mountain at 300 yards and finding out my gun was way off. The ram was later killed and scored 191....... and not by me but I sure had my chance.
that's the only do over I want lol
Old 08-16-2017, 08:53 AM

Should have bought my X wife a cheaper house
Old 08-16-2017, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
Should have bought my X wife a cheaper house
that's your only do-over with regard to the ex-wife? Think a little further back.... LOL
Old 08-16-2017, 10:54 AM

Location: i have a home in calgary however i live as much of my life as possible in the woods

I would go back and read her diary
Old 08-16-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Kissing Mom on her forehead when she was in the hospital dying with cancer. I told her it was ok to go, and she never took another breath. That was hard to get over.
I've had the opportunity to do that exact thing twice in my life. I took it both times and it has given me such peace. Each time it seemed they were going through all that pain and holding on for me. Telling them they could go, it was alright, we were going to be OK, gave them the ease of mind and rest they deserved.
I'm sorry it affected you differently Ken, truly.
Old 08-16-2017, 06:03 PM

when you look back , there were turning point s, but you didn't know it. One decision led to different outcomes for long periods of time. I know what they were now , and I wish I knew that back then.
But with the good and the bad , If I re-did things I probably wouldn't be where I am now, and maybe be in a worse place , so no real regrets.
Old 08-16-2017, 06:33 PM
Banned

Hard question to answer for me. 41 years ago, I married the love of my life and we're still happily married. My career choices have been good and fruitful. I have 2 wonderful daughters whom to this day still call me "daddy" and "poppa bear". I have 2 wonderful grandchildren who call me "poppa" and one calls me "dude". I live a few miles west of highway 2 between High River and Nanton on a 5 acre piece of heaven. My ranching and farming neighbors are all personal friends whom I help when needed and come to my help when I need it. I have been struck with arthritis in my joints. But the current medical technology has given my 2 new hips and 1 new knee. My other knee is failing, but cortisone injections are making it bearable. My next door friends understand my issues and provide horses, saddles and the means to access hunting spots. My life has been full of adventures and going places where most people could not access. No, there is absolutely no way that I could complain about the ups and downs that life has given me. I will ride it out to the very end. And God willing, I will die in the saddle and not in a hospital hooked up to life support. That is my wish.
Old 08-16-2017, 06:33 PM

Wish that I would have spent more time with my family when I was in my late 20's to early 40's. Way to focused on a career. Had both my Dad and sister die from cancer and I had been away for so long it was like we were disconnected. Not good. One of Dad's last comments to me was -- "There were so many things I wanted to do and never got to them". I know many of those things would have involved me.
Old 08-16-2017, 06:42 PM

I just spent 14 days in the hospital for back surgery,i will be buggered up for life and was very down on my self till I walk of the elevator on the wrong floor and no patient was ever going to walk out off that floor,i went back to my room and said hell I got it made and thanked god for the great life I have had and will continue to cruise along just fine.The very next day I ordered a sauer 202 in mint condition,just looking for a new scope for it,i am looking at the new Nikon black 1000,looks oka,pick it up tomorrow,but have hold off on the shooting for a while.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:24 PM

No regrets or do overs except that cute redhead in 1969 and that book ram I missed in 1974. Both because of fogged up mind and scope !
Old 08-16-2017, 08:53 PM

Frankie said it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E2hYDIFDIU
Old 08-16-2017, 10:05 PM

Never spent enough time with my son who lives with his mother. And not being around to spend time with my brother before he passed suddenly.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:18 PM

Spend some more time with my young family and wife when I was set on work and getting out to the woods. No regrets other than those, Making up for it now so maybe I wont have anymore. Have had quite the exciting life. My wife stood by me and helped me along could not wish for or get anyone else that could be more supportive, even when I was being selfish. I love her to pieces.

MAC

Save time... see it my way
Old 08-16-2017, 10:21 PM
Banned

More time with my daughter