Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 07-17-2020, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartermoser View Post
Hi I’m 16 and started fly fishing when I was 11 on the Livingstone and upper Oldman rivers and tributaries. I have gained a passion for fly fishing as well as conservation measures. The Alberta government has made changes to coal mining legislation and areas of the Livingstone range are at risk for the implementation of coal mines in the area. I have started a petition to send to my MLA and MP against this and I could use some support! Here’s the link, it takes less than 5 minutes: http://chng.it/z2KF6cRR
Signed.
Old 07-17-2020, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty9 View Post
Signed.

Good on ya kid. Nice to see a little activism, and its a bit brave to post it here as well. Well done.

Yer doing more than many people on this board who just leech information.

And just ignore the UCP-sheeple-shill-haters who love 19th century fossil fuel tech and would sacrifice the environment for the almighty buck. There are much better ways to create jobs and "fuel" our economy. Don't buy for a single second into the false narrative / false dichotomy "we need it for the economy" diatribes.
Good post. You're right, it is brave to post such a thing here; how absurd it is that the desire to protect our natural environment from raping and pillaging in the name of foreign profit would be an unpopular idea on an OUTDOORSMEN FORUM! Unbelievable. It's been said many times on here, but I'll say it again in a different context: We truly are our own worst enemies.
Old 07-18-2020, 01:26 PM
Suspended User

Quote:
Originally Posted by teberle View Post
Good post. You're right, it is brave to post such a thing here; how absurd it is that the desire to protect our natural environment from raping and pillaging in the name of foreign profit would be an unpopular idea on an OUTDOORSMEN FORUM! Unbelievable. It's been said many times on here, but I'll say it again in a different context: We truly are our own worst enemies.
Just because the site's name says "Outdoorsmen" just implies a love of the outdoors. However, that's not what most here have. Most simply love to consume what is out there. Eat the fish and enjoy the fresh air, then drive back home. When that area gets destroyed they complain about it, and move onto another area. True love it isn't.

Albertans loudly voted in favor of their ability to destroy what's left of the foothills in southern Alberta. I feel for the original poster, but after years of trying to protect the eastern slopes we lost. Hope you all can feel safe about your drinking water, because there are now coal mines planned in every water shed that you city people drink from. And that includes most of your bottled water from the store.
Old 07-20-2020, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teberle View Post
X2
X3
Old 07-20-2020, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartermoser View Post
Hi I’m 16 and started fly fishing when I was 11 on the Livingstone and upper Oldman rivers and tributaries. I have gained a passion for fly fishing as well as conservation measures. The Alberta government has made changes to coal mining legislation and areas of the Livingstone range are at risk for the implementation of coal mines in the area. I have started a petition to send to my MLA and MP against this and I could use some support! Here’s the link, it takes less than 5 minutes: http://chng.it/z2KF6cRR
Hey Carter Moser, I love fishing too. Great work!

Tags
conservation, fly fishing alberta, mining, native, protection