Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-15-2019, 11:15 AM

Default Vetenary Suggestions or Recommendations

So, I am looking for a new Vet in either Okotoks or High River or just outside of Calgary. I am finding the Vet's in Calgary are gouging and over charging. Plus, they are always telling me that we need to get this done or he needs to be put on the medication or he should get these tests. From what I am hearing from others in Calgary, the Vet's are on a run away with pricing due to the demand. So if someone is willing to recommend a good Vet outside the Calgary limits I would be very appreciative. Thanks in advance for and relpies.
Old 02-15-2019, 11:21 AM

I currently take my pup Auburn Bay Vet. I have nothing negative to say about them aside from that there pricing seems a bit high. but I have nothing really to compare it to.

I have heard nothing but good things about the Barrett Vet Clinic, and have been meaning to go talk to them.

https://barrettvet.com/
Old 02-15-2019, 12:44 PM

Default Beddington

We found the vets in Airdrie are over charging, we use the Beddington vet which costs less and they don't try to push things on you.
http://www.beddingtonvet.com/
WDF
Old 02-15-2019, 12:51 PM

Default Vet

Hi Stella..... we go to Dr. Teri Kibblewhite in High River. She has been very good with our pets and I have been very happy with her. She is very good with the critters and her prices are fair.

https://riverwoodveterinary.com/
Old 02-15-2019, 02:52 PM

There was a good vet thread going around about a month ago. Based on that thread and other family recommendations I took my dog to the Eastern Slopes Vet Clinic in Black Diamond.
The vet Ingrid took a large lump off of my labs neck, another lump off near his pecker and also took a growth off his lip that other vets had told me that old dogs get those growths just leave it.
I was very pleased she took that growth off as it looked terrible and other dogs had to sniff it. I think it bothered him.
I think most vets charge about the same some a little less some a little more so then you are looking at who gives you the most care for the same price. Some vets give you the feeling that they are running up the bill so you do not go back to them. Other vets seem like they are in a hurry to get to the next case and so on.
But for us we will be going back to the Eastern Slopes Clinic even though it is about an hour and fifteen minutes from my house.
Old 02-15-2019, 05:49 PM

X2 for beddington vet, have been taking my animals there for years!
Old 02-15-2019, 06:06 PM

My wife works in a veterinarian clinic in Wetaskiwin and they have clients that come from quite far away to have their animals taken care of. If it’s money or convenience that you are looking at saving... might be worth your time if it’s a lengthy procedure.

Daryl
Old 02-15-2019, 06:12 PM

Just like taking your game meat in to a butcher. Do it yourself at home and save lots of money.

Sounds like you feel the vet's recommendations for care are not required or needed.

Darn veterinarians
Old 02-15-2019, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave P View Post
I currently take my pup Auburn Bay Vet. I have nothing negative to say about them aside from that there pricing seems a bit high. but I have nothing really to compare it to.

I have heard nothing but good things about the Barrett Vet Clinic, and have been meaning to go talk to them.

https://barrettvet.com/
I've known Beth for years, wonderful lady & competent vet. I don't know where she lands on the billing scale, but her overhead should be lower.

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 02-15-2019, 09:38 PM

Small vets in pincher creek are amazing, Charlie zaker and if you need an equine vet, fort MacLeod vet clinic is awesome. You wont find a better vet than Bruce costalinsky.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:43 PM

Gord at Didsbury. Great place good people and good prices with no bs
Old 02-15-2019, 09:47 PM

Would you choose your own health care based on price? Food for thought.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mds694 View Post
Would you choose your own health care based on price? Food for thought.
It's a DOG.... No way should you be thinking along the same path.

Country vet will do just fine. Try and find a large animal vet who is used to dealing with farmers dogs.