Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-14-2019, 11:51 PM

Default Trucks roll, no one notices ??

Hundred of trucks head east and no one notices....amazing how an Alberta forum ignores what happens in Alberta.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 02-15-2019, 12:18 AM

Yes you are the only one on the forum who noticed. Good job for saving Alberta. Hats off to you sir.
Old 02-15-2019, 12:52 AM

As my friend from Ontario said ( he is on Alberta's side) having protests in Alberta is preaching to the choir. It doesn't resonate down East. Perhaps this one will.

What is to be gained commenting on an Alberta board? We all know it left today, it's all over the news IN ALBERTA. Let's see how the national media reports on the convoy (or not). Then we may have something to comment on.
Old 02-15-2019, 01:28 AM
Banned

I’m waiting for the reports of traffic tied up for miles in Ontario. THEN it becomes a “thing”.
Old 02-15-2019, 02:52 AM
Gone Hunting

Trudeau is kinda busy right now with other stuff. I doubt he'll notice or care.

Hey anyone see the yellow vest protests for months in France? They sure have made a difference. Paris smells like burning tires. Do they have a carbon tax?

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 02-15-2019, 02:56 AM

Watch what happens when they get to Ottawa, the feds will shut down all the streets within 50 blocks of the parliament buildings so they cant get close, and our leader will be in some foreign country pledging millions to help save the last remaining ticky ticky woo woo bird

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 02-15-2019, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
Trudeau is kinda busy right now with other stuff. I doubt he'll notice or care.

Hey anyone see the yellow vest protests for months in France? They sure have made a difference. Paris smells like burning tires. Do they have a carbon tax?
Yes, it's amazing how saving 9500 jobs in a certain vote sensitive province, and bailing out a company that defines 'dirty' far better than Alberta Oil, has such a priority over the 100,000+ energy sector jobs that don't matter.

We may care about the convoy of trucks here, but nobody else does. Now, if we could hold a referendum on separation, that might get some attention....particularly if the vote went heavily in favor of 'hell yes'. Other than that, it's going to be a big expensive parade.

But, maybe somebody will notice....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-15-2019, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Hundred of trucks head east and no one notices....amazing how an Alberta forum ignores what happens in Alberta.
Listened to it on the radio and seen it on several tv channels. Lots of coverage in the media. Looking forward to seeing what happens when they hit the Ontario boarder.

Dodger.
Old 02-15-2019, 04:20 AM

Quote:
What Happen ???????????
Old 02-15-2019, 05:39 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by last minute View Post
What Happen ???????????
Hi winds blew them off the highway, cold temps made them cuddle until help arrived.....more to follow.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 02-15-2019, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Hi winds blew them off the highway, cold temps made them cuddle until help arrived.....more to follow.
WOW Thanks for the info
Old 02-15-2019, 06:35 AM

Rolled through Swift Current Last Night I'm told. Not sure if they've been past my place yet or not.
Old 02-15-2019, 06:39 AM

Justin can legalize pot... but can't build a pipeline ...
Old 02-15-2019, 06:41 AM
Banned

Old 02-15-2019, 07:21 AM

It was noticed the event is being covered by all the news broadcasters even CBC . The comment section really exposes how naive the Liberal base voter is the density of morons increases as they head East.

"You can't make fuel from the oilsands dirty oil it can only be used for paving roads"
20 years at an oil upgrader and I never heard that before LOL
Old 02-15-2019, 07:32 AM

https://www.pressreader.com/

During the depression years or the dirty thirties a labor train left Vancouver heading for Ottawa. It was full of men with no jobs. They were peaceful as they passed many towns They picked up more men along the way. The liberals decided to stop the train at Regina and they did with with the help of the RCMP.
I hope this is not history repeating itself and the government leaves the truck convoy alone.
Old 02-15-2019, 08:14 AM

The regina riot was caused by the Liberal government trying to stop the group heading East

Three large moving trucks were parked on three sides of the square concealing RCMP riot squads. Regina police were in the garage of the police station which was in Market Square. At 8:17 p.m. a whistle was blown, and the police charged the crowd with batons from all four sides. The attack caught the people off guard before their anger took over. They fought back with sticks, stones, and anything at hand. Mounted RCMP officers then started to use tear gas and fired guns. Driven from the Square, and with the RCMP blocking the roadway back to the Stadium grounds, the battle continued in the surrounding streets for six hours.

Police fired revolvers above and into groups of people. Tear gas bombs were thrown at any groups that gathered together. Plate glass windows in stores and offices were smashed, but with one exception, these stores were not looted, they were burned. People covered their faces with wet handkerchiefs to counter the effects of the tear gas and barricaded streets with cars. Finally, the Trekkers who had attended the meeting made their way individually or in small groups back to the exhibition stadium where the main body of Trekkers were quartered.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On-to-Ottawa_Trek

My grandmother pushing a stroller carrying my uncle when they were caught up in the violence they took refuge behind the Metropolitan theater until one of the ushers let them inside she stayed most of the night scared the heck out her.
Old 02-15-2019, 08:41 AM

I figure some where along the way there will be a road side check stop and every truck will be gone through with a fine tooth comb and lots of tickets handed out.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
The regina riot was caused by the Liberal government trying to stop the group heading East

Three large moving trucks were parked on three sides of the square concealing RCMP riot squads. Regina police were in the garage of the police station which was in Market Square. At 8:17 p.m. a whistle was blown, and the police charged the crowd with batons from all four sides. The attack caught the people off guard before their anger took over. They fought back with sticks, stones, and anything at hand. Mounted RCMP officers then started to use tear gas and fired guns. Driven from the Square, and with the RCMP blocking the roadway back to the Stadium grounds, the battle continued in the surrounding streets for six hours.

Police fired revolvers above and into groups of people. Tear gas bombs were thrown at any groups that gathered together. Plate glass windows in stores and offices were smashed, but with one exception, these stores were not looted, they were burned. People covered their faces with wet handkerchiefs to counter the effects of the tear gas and barricaded streets with cars. Finally, the Trekkers who had attended the meeting made their way individually or in small groups back to the exhibition stadium where the main body of Trekkers were quartered.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On-to-Ottawa_Trek

My grandmother pushing a stroller carrying my uncle when they were caught up in the violence they took refuge behind the Metropolitan theater until one of the ushers let them inside she stayed most of the night scared the heck out her.

thanks I see that press reader link from my post never worked
Old 02-15-2019, 09:10 AM

I wonder
When oil reaches 150$ a barrel
You think the oil companies will remember Alberta’s support and keep our gas prices down..... naaa... I doubt it!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2019, 09:11 AM

Quote:
You just called out and insulted every single member.
Are you looking for everyone to hate you at once?
What exactly is your end game here?
You sure arent helping anything.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-15-2019, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
You just called out and insulted every single member.
Are you looking for everyone to hate you at once?
What exactly is your end game here?
You sure arent helping anything.
I think he just wanted one more thread where we can all go and complain. Preaching to the choir isn't helping. Everyone needs to make it their mission to educate one moron from the East (not all are morons) and insist they shut off their furnaces.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:19 AM

Part of me wished they were kitted up like a convoy from a Mad Max movie and prepared for a protracted siege..... Trailer dozens of heavy rock trucks and dozers too.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:59 AM
Banned

When was the last time it was talked about on here?
I would have thought it was canceled because of no new information.
Perhaps a thread started Monday would have given enough opportunity to take notice.

Check your privilege at the door before calling out every one.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:23 AM

Someone did 6.5, you. What if another member posted that comment before you did, how would you answer it? I thinking most of us are up to date on what’s going on, even if we didn’t post it here first.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:30 AM

Quote:
No one notices, because its been done here many times. Almost everyone here supports their cause!

Hopefully they gather support along their route and it turns into 1000 trucks rolling towards Ottawa. If the Liberals shut down access to parliament hill the circle the trucks throughout the city tying up traffic until they get their meeting.

BW
Old 02-15-2019, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETOWNCANUCK View Post
When was the last time it was talked about on here?
I would have thought it was canceled because of no new information.
Perhaps a thread started Monday would have given enough opportunity to take notice.

Check your privilege at the door before calling out every one.
TV, radio, internet, all kinds of other news sites have the info, and the AO forum is your only source of news???
Old 02-15-2019, 10:34 AM

I'm just hearing about it now, but then I don't watch the news, I would have liked to see the schedule sooner so I could go out and show support,
Old 02-15-2019, 11:08 AM

Heck even liberal lisa la dam on ctv reported on the convoy.
Old 02-15-2019, 11:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by traderal View Post
TV, radio, internet, all kinds of other news sites have the info, and the AO forum is your only source of news???
I was referring to the comment that no one on this site had posted about the trucks leaving,
Last being on Jan 15.

My comment was that there had not been anything posted here since then, in the lead up to today.
So before one goes off in regards to people not noticing and blatantly saying so, then perhaps one should have noticed nothing has been discussed about it here in a while.

Perhaps the support of the convoy has withered and it doesn’t have the same appeal to people that it once did.

Last edited by ETOWNCANUCK; 02-15-2019 at 11:37 AM.