Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 06-08-2019, 06:33 PM
AO Sponsor

Default NO BS in Canada!!!

...YES!!!

as in NO BS Traps!!!

Aren't they fine???

Very hard to get this side of the border, now available in Canada!

The K.O. K-9 Extreme Coyote Trap – Canadian Jaw

The ultimate coyote trap used by the top coyote trappers across the continent!

Specifications:

6” inside and 6.5” outside jaw spread
The trap is a dogless design w night latch for superior performance
Durable black plating/coating is long lasting, trap is ready to set out of box.
heavy duty ¼” thick steel frame, heavy duty 5 mm chain,
Chain includes 2 JC Conners Rod Swivels, swivels and rivets welded
Trap pan is a large 2.25” x 4” unit made of 1/8” steel that sets ¼” below jaw surfaces.
The jaws are bolted into place eliminating popped jaws and have ¼” cleanouts at the bottom.
Jaws and levers are are also heat treated for superior lock up.
Music Wire Springs
¼” Offset Jaw
Double Laminated “Canadian Jaw” 1/4” + 3/16” Laminations
The spring pins are 3/8” bolts which simplify spring replacement, 4 coil springs held in place with lock nuts

https://canadiancoyotecompany.com/pr...p-canadian-jaw

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________

Does that interest anybody? I know there are some on this side of the border already, and are getting rave reviews. Definitely amongst the very best of coyote traps ever made.Thick frames, thick pans, thick levers, everything about the trap is extra heavy duty.

Hard item to get... I waited about 9 months to obtain my first small order and they will be gone before you know it! Hopefully re-orders will come much more quick than my initial order. I have about 20 dozen on hand right now, so if you are wanting any, look them up. (Only 1 doz wolf traps tho)

I had some last fall but didn't put them out in the field... I must cease trophy whitetail until after these coyote prices come down!!!
Old 06-08-2019, 08:32 PM

Whats the price on there wolf trap don't see it on your web site.
Old 06-08-2019, 11:49 PM

Default comparison

Hi Marty,

What are your thoughts on them, I’d love to learn of a comparison, tween them and Bridger 3 four coil, I’m gonna have to try em out!
Old 06-09-2019, 12:16 AM

I’ll have to check them out at you booth. Is Kendle having them tested? I’ve only heard good things about them.
Old 06-09-2019, 07:59 AM
AO Sponsor

I don't have my one dozen wolf traps priced yet. I'm planning to bring them to the rendezvous to show them, I have more wolf traps on backorder. But the guy is soooo busy/backlogged, we'll see if/when they show up.

Testing in Canada... time will tell. My understanding of the coyote model is that it has seen a setback and will likely go back to field testing traps, hopefully choosing models with most likely mods to pass, rather than experimenting with a wide variety to build a model.

I did show this "Canadian Jaw" NO BS coyote model trap to a senior member of the FIC and he agreed with me that he could see no reason why it wouldn't pass, based on size/build, jaw thickness w laminations, and spring power compared to other traps that have passed.
Old 06-09-2019, 10:04 PM
Banned

I’m curious about what the attraction is for a trap that is not AIHTS approved for use in Canada.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:10 PM

They look good but I gotta learn to use the ones I've got first. We'll have a better look in Teepee Creek.
Old 06-10-2019, 02:04 PM
AO Sponsor

The standard is not set yet for coyote. I do believe there will be much more trap testing for the coyote restraining dept to come. And really it is a no brainer, any moderately powered-up trap with the CDN jaw that ever s tested passed. CDN jaw as in 3/16" + 1/4"

I guess the reason you don't get it is because you are satisfied to use what you have and don't care to find better? Some people are looking for the ultimate efficiency in their equipment, and if there equipment gives less than perfect results from a capture efficiency perspective, then it would seem warranted to keep looking for better gear. Some people aren't. Each to his own.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty S View Post
I guess the reason you don't get it is because you are satisfied to use what you have and don't care to find better?
No, they aren’t legal to use in Canada and I’m wondering why someone would buy traps that they can’t legally use. Fancy door stops maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty S View Post
I had some last fall but didn't put them out in the field...
Which would have been illegal to do in Canada. You make it sound like you could have legally used them last Fall.

That’s not very nice, Marty. I’m a little disappointed with you.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:35 AM

Default Thanks for letting us know!

This really is great news, actually!
These are going to pass the next test opportunity! Dogless! Nightlatched already! Canadian jaw! All that plus the 1/2”? Opening.... for that price!?! I’m in!
I can see that they’re beefier than some of the others that are acceptable! Jesus it’s exactly what we need(as long as it’s not flimsy) to withstand the teeth etc. And my fave part is that they’re not soft catch.
Thanks

PS- being on the topic, I need to get back into the mind frame and fab up a ‘cookie cutter’ for the #3 coyote size, or buy one. I’ll go check your site Marty before I ask lol

Jon
Old 06-11-2019, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
No, they aren’t legal to use in Canada and I’m wondering why someone would buy traps that they can’t legally use. Fancy door stops maybe?

Which would have been illegal to do in Canada. You make it sound like you could have legally used them last Fall.

That’s not very nice, Marty. I’m a little disappointed with you.

"RESTRAINING TRAPS - Traps certified per species but not yet mandatory:"

Dave this is the heading in the trapping regulations...essentially the now certified traps are just recommended. not mandatory yet by my understanding. hence the NO BS traps are fine to try.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by goose slayer10 View Post
"RESTRAINING TRAPS - Traps certified per species but not yet mandatory:"

Dave this is the heading in the trapping regulations...essentially the now certified traps are just recommended. not mandatory yet by my understanding. hence the NO BS traps are fine to try.
This make sense to me now.....Thank you.

I suppose that I owe Marty an apology.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:41 PM
AO Sponsor

No biggie... I would have just found I comical had I read that all earlier!

Sadly, amid all the confusion of the standards are many confused people. Many parts of the standards are in the process of being implemented. However, coyote restraining traps have hit a bit of a set back. It looks like more trap by trap testing may be in order.

I sure hope when/if we test more, every trap will be outfitted with 3/16" + 1/4" lamination strips, or even more on the extra powered traps, such as those with 4 heavy #3 springs. Rubber pads are just too high maintenance but might as well finish the job testing them too.

Hopefully our wildlife enforcement officers are up on the standards, in particular the fact that it will not be 100% implemented and which parts of it are not law as more of it becomes implemented.
Old 11-04-2019, 10:57 AM
AO Sponsor

Only 8 or 9 dozen left. I'm hoping he will buildme more in January or February, but not sure if he will. He keeps very busy with just trying to keep up with retail sales.