Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-15-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETOWNCANUCK View Post
I was referring to the comment that no one on this site had posted about the trucks leaving,
Last being on Jan 15.

My comment was that there had not been anything posted here since then, in the lead up to today.
So before one goes off in regards to people not noticing and blatantly saying so, then perhaps one should have noticed nothing has been discussed about it here in a while.

Perhaps the support of the convoy has withered and it doesn’t have the same appeal to people that it once did.
Or information is being 'filtered' by CBC et-al do what they think we should know

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-15-2019, 12:21 PM

Just finished reading about the "superiority" of Ontario corn fed beef, they don't give a damn about out here, other than, keep sending us money.

Grizz
Old 02-15-2019, 03:07 PM

Is it not interesting that I have been called several names by several "members" of this group....but it did have the right effect at least MOST people are responding and even responding in a positive way...as for the name calling ...... what is your problem ???

Let them truckers roll.

As for the, well things are just ducky in my neighborhood, stick your head in the sand, name callers, maybe use a little respect. YOU are part of the problem.

Before you respond, please go turn off your gas ...
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 02-15-2019, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Is it not interesting that I have been called several names by several "members" of this group....but it did have the right effect at least MOST people are responding and even responding in a positive way...as for the name calling ...... what is your problem ???

Let them truckers roll.

As for the, well things are just ducky in my neighborhood, stick your head in the sand, name callers, maybe use a little respect. YOU are part of the problem.

Did you not refer to the whole of AOF as ignorant (unknowing....some don’t know the true meaning) in the first place? He who casts stones......I got a room that I’ll turn the gas on just for you oh golden child.
Old 02-15-2019, 04:02 PM

Quote:

Let them truckers roll.

YOU pigeon hole everyone in the membership, THEN whine about it when called out yourself, THEN praise yourself and say because of your actions something is being done (LOL priceless) THEN say people in here are the root cause of the issue, THEN tell members to go kill themselves by freezing to death?

There is something really wrong with your way of thinking, I am not sure what it is but I bet it is very hard to spell and involves numerous medications.

You should maybe think about stopping typing now.

'take a knee think things out'

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-15-2019, 04:07 PM

I think some of the fanfare died down when there were other groups trying to attach themselves to the pipeline movement and were diluting the message. Then there was the guy with questionable motives/history who was running a GoFundMe collecting for gas cards. I wonder what happened to that?

At any rate, it was discussed here: http://outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=357135
Old 02-15-2019, 04:26 PM
Banned

I’m not going to turn off my gas.

I will tell you that this convoy/ protest will fail.

Not that it wasn’t a good idea, but timing is everything.

Big BS going on around Ottawa right now in case you haven’t noticed.
The PM isn’t even there.

But nonetheless.

It’s going to fail.

And not because I don’t or you don’t or anyone else cares.

But they are barking up the wrong tree.

The majoity government was voted in by the Eastern provinces before it reached the West.
The pipeline had so many opponents, but Ottawa, BC and First Nations were a few of the biggest.

Same with Quebec and Energy East.

The Carbon Tax was imposed on all Provinces and how many Premieres opposed it?

So that seems a hell of a lot of opposition , other than just Justin Trudeau.

So hopefully 200 truck trucks and a couple thousand people, compared to the millions of Voters, gets to Ottawa next week and raise a stink for a few hours,
Only to be forgotten about by St. Paddy’s day.

So now we have an election year at the Federal Level. A lot of things going on in the news now and this will be but a blip again come October.

The Liberal Voters out East have barely noticed and if they vote them in again, this would have been for nothing.

But we’ll get the Cons back and they’ll go after Ottawa blah blah blah.

So why not, instead of a knee jerk reaction.
A little time spent planning it out for the long term.

Why not start say September with good weather, and not February in the middle of a Arctic Vortex and Diesel engines and maybe we’ll have enough money for gas and not encounter too many break downs due to weather along the way.

Oh and don’t leave from Alberta, but B.C.

You want to make a statement Boys
do a cross country protest in an election year and show up in a day or two of the Nations vote, having been on every news network for the prior few weeks, with stops in Capital cities along the way including a couple in Montreal and then arrive on Parliment Hill.

This would give you time to raise funds, get support and start building your support from the Voters.
And it is a big story instead of a 30 second clip if that.
Sure it’ll resonate well with Albertans.
But instead of 3 million people.
You have to reach the 40 million.

Because if we get another 4 years or more with him what will happen then?

In the mean time I think my pot is boiling on my electric stove.
Old 02-15-2019, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Just finished reading about the "superiority" of Ontario corn fed beef, they don't give a damn about out here, other than, keep sending us money.

Grizz

What exactly is your point?

You don't think that every other region of the world touts "their's" as the best?
Whether it's beef, water, nightlife or the bluest sky somebody will make claim to it being better there than anywhere else.

I bet my Grandma made better cake than yours, prove me wrong?
Old 02-15-2019, 05:46 PM

"" My Grandma and Your Grandma
Sitting by the fire.
Said My Grandma to Your Grandma
I'm gonna Set your hair on Fire"
Old 02-15-2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by owlhoot View Post

"" My Grandma and Your Grandma
Sitting by the fire.
Said My Grandma to Your Grandma
I'm gonna Set your hair on Fire"
Oh dirty dirty pool, first I want cake, then I have that Stupid song stuck in my head.

I hope your beer is flat!

Old 02-15-2019, 07:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hundred of trucks head east and no one notices....amazing how an Alberta forum ignores what happens in Alberta.
What's amazing is such a poorly concieved/organized effort expecting anything constructive to come from it.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by traderal View Post
TV, radio, internet, all kinds of other news sites have the info, and the AO forum is your only source of news???
Damn right this forum is where I get NO FAKE news. I've thrown out GOOGLE, all encyclopedias purchased from Safeway in the 70's, and just sit back learning from all the experts here...
Old 02-15-2019, 08:17 PM

LOL triggered much...pigeon holed insulted..lol asked a question as to why there was nothing on a Alberta forum and you guys go nuts.... but hey you got time for scotch and Oiler...lol.... but something that may matter...nothing...I know you all figured you had a way out with the yellow vest thing...but alas people are coming from sea to shining sea to be a part of this ..... but we will just and say nothing will change....What is really amazing is half if not most of the members on this forum depend on the oil and gas industry in one way or the other....
Old 02-15-2019, 08:20 PM

Maybe nobody brought it up because, politics? You know, that topic that we don't get to bring up on this forum? God knows I've had more than a couple threads I started disappeared because I skated it too close to the edge.

So 6.5, why so much indignation against the forum members?

I like scotch and hockey.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-15-2019, 08:22 PM

Quote:
LOL triggered much...pigeon holed insulted..lol asked a question as to why there was nothing on a Alberta forum and you guys go nuts.... but hey you got time for scotch and Oiler...lol.... but something that may matter...nothing...I know you all figured you had a way out with the yellow vest thing...but alas people are coming from sea to shining sea to be a part of this ..... but we will just and say nothing will change....What is really amazing is half if not most of the members on this forum depend on the oil and gas industry in one way or the other....
Bahahaha well played sir. Well played. Troll so fail that people must think you ar serious. Well played.
Old 02-15-2019, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Yep. Difficult to spell. Your ramblings are hardly even entertaining anymore.

Old 02-15-2019, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Maybe nobody brought it up because, politics? You know, that topic that we don't get to bring up on this forum? God knows I've had more than a couple threads I started disappeared because I skated it too close to the edge.

So 6.5, why so much indignation against the forum members?

I like scotch and hockey.

Someone finally gets it. This entire thread has been like a Three’s Company episode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2019, 08:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hundred of trucks head east and no one notices....amazing how an Alberta forum ignores what happens in Alberta.
Just in case you forgot what you wrote.

Key words : Alberta forum ignores, and the way amazing how
could be interpreted.

Maybe,
I don’t know.

Maybe someone already expanded on it.

If this was so important then why was this the last post you made, before this morning,
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...76#post3906376

Oh well.
Smoke some

Last edited by ETOWNCANUCK; 02-15-2019 at 08:43 PM.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETOWNCANUCK View Post
Just in case you forgot what you wrote.

Key words : Alberta forum ignores, and the way amazing how
could be interpreted.

Maybe,
I don’t know.

Maybe someone already expanded on it.

If this was so important then why was this the last post you made, before this morning,
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...76#post3906376

Oh well.
Smoke some
Ahhh that was weeks ago and I wanted to donate as I was not able to go...you know the work thing...But I wanted to make sure the money went to the right source you know there are scammers out there....

Ken and moose still hurting after getting called out earlier...lol my spelling is fine your cheap shots are well cheap and rather lame for a couple of so called self proclaimed experts.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:53 PM

Default An article from the STAR a far from Conservative friendly paper

Pro-oil convoy sets course for Ottawa to protest carbon pricing, among other things
By Hamdi IssawiStar Edmonton
Thu., Feb. 14, 2019

EDMONTON—It started with a sputter and grew into a big, long train.

On Thursday morning, a convoy from Western Canada leaves Red Deer, Alta., midway between Edmonton and Calgary, Ottawa-bound to protest the federal government.
A convoy of trucks supporting the Canadian energy industry passes through Nisku, Alta., on Wednesday, Dec. 19, 2018. On Thursday morning, a convoy from Western Canada is set to leave Red Deer, Alta., and make its way to Parliament Hill in Ottawa to protest the federal government.
A convoy of trucks supporting the Canadian energy industry passes through Nisku, Alta., on Wednesday, Dec. 19, 2018. On Thursday morning, a convoy from Western Canada is set to leave Red Deer, Alta., and make its way to Parliament Hill in Ottawa to protest the federal government. (Codie McLachlan / Star Edmonton)

Jason Corbeil, one of the convoy’s co-ordinators, said 120 big trucks are scheduled to leave Gorts Truck Wash at 8 a.m., linking up with another confirmed group of 60 from southern Saskatchewan on Friday morning.

Nobody can peg a number on how many plan to participate in all. Organizers maintain that anyone is welcome to tag along, but Corbeil expects the count to range in the tens of thousands.

A second convoy departing from Fredericton, N.B., on Feb. 17 is scheduled to meet the western troop in Arnprior, Ont., 45 minutes outside Canada’s capital, a day later to assemble before reaching their final destination.

The goal is to converge on Ottawa for a two-day demonstration on Parliament Hill beginning Feb. 19, drop a laundry list of complaints at the feet of the federal government, and make “as much noise as we can while they’re in the House,” Corbeil said.

But I guess it is just a waste of time... there are many more articles out there like this....

Last edited by 6.5 shooter; 02-15-2019 at 10:59 PM.
Old 02-16-2019, 04:07 PM

Old 02-19-2019, 05:03 PM

They made it.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgill808 View Post
They made it.
And making a huge splash in Ottawa.....GO ALBERTA OIL and get these pipelines built....
Old 02-26-2019, 09:14 PM

So I just happened to be flipping channels after the Flames game, and landed on CBC for a minute...I haven't watched them by choice for years. Hate their bias and programming slant. It just happened that '22 Minutes' was on. Hate that show too. They were doing their typical spoof, this time about the convoy and yellow vests. Long story short, they try and interview a 'spokesperson', and every time he tries to answer a question all you can hear is air horns. Right up until the very end, when the horns go silent and all you hear him say is something about 'too damn many immigrants'....

You can't imagine how my blood boils, when I see such a mockery of Alberta, the protest, and how it is so skewed to look like some racist knuckle dragger thing. I hate CBC, and the government that gives them over a billion tax dollars a year to mock us. Truly.

I'm donating to the separatist movement, albertafightsback.com

Confederation can go **** itself.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-26-2019, 09:37 PM

CBC

Garbage

Boring

It’s a government funded playground for the mediocre

Last edited by huntinstuff; 02-26-2019 at 09:44 PM.
Old 02-26-2019, 09:44 PM

I heard them talking today how socialism is the new word with young people rather than capitalism. That people don’t need to deal with their own issues. I guess we should all works a bit harder so the coffee shop workers(lifers not those desperate to find work) can persue their passion rather than a career. I was driving and couldn’t get another station so was forced to listen to my thoughts as I couldn’t handle it anymore.
Old 02-26-2019, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
CBC

Garbage

Boring

It’s a government funded playground for the mediocre
When did you get so generous about the CBC?

Old 02-26-2019, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
When did you get so generous about the CBC?
Im fixing a safe right now so i had to keep it short. Lol
Old 02-26-2019, 10:04 PM

Quote:
You fixing that safe before or after you use it...... or is it really a short safe ?

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 02-26-2019, 10:05 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Ok, but keep an eye out for wounded sasquatch. It's gonna be angry...

I love inside jokes.