Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 08-05-2014, 12:41 PM

Nube's not trying to find a loophole, he wants to make sure he is following the law this up coming trapping season. Who are you refering to?
Old 08-05-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoods Runner View Post
Why is it that people always have to find a loophole. The laws are confusing enough. If the laws had to close all the loopholes we would never understand them. Maybe just use your head and have some respect for others.
Not looking for a loophole at all. I want to find out in writing what the rules actually are. Who can use my cabin and for what ? Can I outfit out of it ? Can I hunt out of it ? How big can my outbuildings be ?

I've always followed a set of rules I've never seen. My family has been trapping for nearly 80 years in Alberta, BC and Ontario. But I have yet to ever see a list of Trapline rules, not laws pertaining to trapping.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
Dark Wing try this on for size. Running my line with Quad and rifle, shoot a black bear (big game) for my 6 allowed for fur. Hunting or trapping??
The OP was asking about moose, deer and you could probably throw in upland game birds. Some how I feel like your baiting me with this question lol. If I was to guess I would say if you shot the bear off your trap line in AM with your quad it would be ok. I'm sure if I took the trappers course I would know this or I'd give Fish and Wildlife a call and confirm it.