Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-11-2020, 05:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkdiesel View Post
Do guys actually do that 😳
what about the airplanes pushing them back into the park right before the opener
Old 08-11-2020, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
what about the airplanes pushing them back into the park right before the opener
The helicopters are far more manoeuvrable....
Old 08-11-2020, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwoods View Post
When you rely on sheep to feed your kids, I can’t see every Tom Dick and Harry outfitter/ guide out there blasting away. Maybe I’m wrong
I was more so talking about BC, NWT and Yukon guides, the vast majority of who live in Alberta shooting one for themselves.

The Alberta outfitters that aren’t taking clients this year definitely won’t be part of the slaughter I was referring to
Old 08-11-2020, 05:33 PM

Quote:
I don’t know, don’t see much sense in pushing sheep back into a park that you’re going to try and kill a week later, but who knows.

The art of pushing rams into back basins has been going on for the last 50 years I’m sure, I was joking about that part. But in all honesty sheep have always been where you find them ! This basin, that basin, in the trees or hidden slides, they never really leave.

As for somebody who owns a helicopter being willing to risk a fine or infraction on their commercial license for what an outfitter would be willing to pay them I don’t buy it. Plus truthfully they don’t have to ! They have guides watching the sheep for a month before the season opens, they know where they and where they go when pressured, hence the success rate that’s 10 times higher then residents.
Old 08-11-2020, 05:39 PM

Quote:
I don’t know, don’t see much sense in pushing sheep back into a park that you’re going to try and kill a week later, but who knows.

The art of pushing rams into back basins has been going on for the last 50 years I’m sure, I was joking about that part. But in all honesty sheep have always been where you find them ! This basin, that basin, in the trees or hidden slides, they never really leave.

As for somebody who owns a helicopter being willing to risk a fine or infraction on their commercial license for what an outfitter would be willing to pay them I don’t buy it. Plus truthfully they don’t have to ! They have guides watching the sheep for a month before the season opens, they know where they and where they go when pressured, hence the success rate that’s 10 times higher then residents.
Who said just outfitters?
First time I saw it happen was '84.... damn that's a lot of years out there now that i think about it...
Old 08-11-2020, 10:31 PM
Banned

Don’t the fish cops do a little aerial pushing back into parks too? Not just private.
Old 08-11-2020, 10:48 PM

Quote:
I was more so talking about BC, NWT and Yukon guides, the vast majority of who live in Alberta shooting one for themselves.

The Alberta outfitters that aren’t taking clients this year definitely won’t be part of the slaughter I was referring to
They are all taking clients this year. AB clients. Few killers that would be guiding will be hunting for themselves. Nothing will be different in the hills this year.

Who did you book with tork?
Old 08-11-2020, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertadave View Post
Yep, and if they're not hunting for themselves, then they'll be guiding a ton of "one-and-done" residents to another big batch of squeakers and dinks. Many more than in previous years, and that was already out of control.
'Slaughter 2020' is probably an accurate description, and possibly another nail in the coffin for OTC tags and the general season.
Lol!! Dave are you still on the WSF board or did you step down? “Squeakers and dinks” let’s see some pics of your twisters!!!
Old 08-12-2020, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseRiverTrapper View Post
Lol!! Dave are you still on the WSF board or did you step down? “Squeakers and dinks” let’s see some pics of your twisters!!!
What does that have to do with this discussion? That's right, nothing. Quit stalking me weirdo.
Old 08-12-2020, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseRiverTrapper View Post
They are all taking clients this year. AB clients. Few killers that would be guiding will be hunting for themselves. Nothing will be different in the hills this year.

Who did you book with tork?
The NWT is completely closed, not one client for any of them. Some guys in the Yukon are taking Canadians, some aren’t. I did hear Scoop Lake and a few of the Indian owned outfits are giving some big discounts to get Canadians in, so there will be a few guides still out working, my guess is 10-15% of last year. More of the big sheep outfits I talked to said they’d book Canadians if they wanted to come, but there would be no discount.
We fell into the same category, we’ll take you, but it’s regular price

Who did I book with ? That’s an interesting question indeed.....
Old 08-12-2020, 09:08 AM

Tork already said he's hunting with Phil...
Old 08-12-2020, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coxy95 View Post
Old 08-12-2020, 09:37 AM

Quote:
I said I was out in the mountains with Phil, can’t two men go for a hike anymore lol
Old 08-12-2020, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertadave View Post
What does that have to do with this discussion? That's right, nothing. Quit stalking me weirdo.
A guy involved in WSF taking cheap shots at “one and done” hunters like you said. What’a wrong with a guy saving up his 10k and going on a resident hunt. Half the guys that go to your banquet and support wild sheep haven’t killed a ram yet. So you yapping like that and being involved with WSF has everything to do with discussion.

Like you said shooting dinks. Let’s see your big rams weirdo!!

Last edited by MooseRiverTrapper; 08-12-2020 at 09:55 AM.
Old 08-12-2020, 09:52 AM

Quote:
The NWT is completely closed, not one client for any of them. Some guys in the Yukon are taking Canadians, some aren’t. I did hear Scoop Lake and a few of the Indian owned outfits are giving some big discounts to get Canadians in, so there will be a few guides still out working, my guess is 10-15% of last year. More of the big sheep outfits I talked to said they’d book Canadians if they wanted to come, but there would be no discount.
We fell into the same category, we’ll take you, but it’s regular price

Who did I book with ? That’s an interesting question indeed.....
Some unemployed guys will be hunting for themselves. I don’t think they are going to hang a licking on them. Could be wrong.
Old 08-12-2020, 09:54 AM

Quote:
I said I was out in the mountains with Phil, can’t two men go for a hike anymore lol

Haha apparently not!
Old 08-12-2020, 09:58 AM
Banned

this is getting good!
Old 08-12-2020, 10:03 AM

Quote:
this is getting good!
Let’s keep it going lol. Stinky you quit shooting those highway rams!!
Old 08-12-2020, 10:12 AM
Banned

haha deal, lets get after it, who's next
Old 08-12-2020, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Is that the loophole he's using to get around the guiding ban?
Old 08-12-2020, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
Is that the loophole he's using to get around the guiding ban?
Well technically Phil’s never been able to be a sheep outfitter or guide a resident that’s paying him, and never has to the best of my knowledge.

Going hiking in the mountains during the summer doesn’t require much of a loophole, he just can’t hunt or guide in Alberta or jurisdictions that have reciprocal agreements.

If he really wanted to hunt he’d simply go to BC this fall and kill a stone sheep 🤷*♂️
Old 08-12-2020, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Well technically Phil’s never been able to be a sheep outfitter or guide a resident that’s paying him, and never has to the best of my knowledge.

Going hiking in the mountains during the summer doesn’t require much of a loophole, he just can’t hunt or guide in Alberta or jurisdictions that have reciprocal agreements.

If he really wanted to hunt he’d simply go to BC this fall and kill a stone sheep 🤷*♂️
Why is he a B.C. resident now.
Old 08-12-2020, 03:47 PM

I don't know Phil, I definitely don't condone what he did.

But he sure is living rent free in a lot of AO members heads.

I don't know Tork either, but he might just be trolling you guys. Not saying Tork is a troll either.

The man has had his day in court, been sentenced, serving his time, paying his fines.

BW
Old 08-12-2020, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
I don't know Phil, I definitely don't condone what he did.

But he sure is living rent free in a lot of AO members heads.

I don't know Tork either, but he might just be trolling you guys. Not saying Tork is a troll either.

The man has had his day in court, been sentenced, serving his time, paying his fines.

BW
To be honest i thought Tork was stirring the pot myself, that's why i made that comment, could be wrong though.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:24 PM

Quote:
To be honest i thought Tork was stirring the pot myself, that's why i made that comment, could be wrong though.
No, you’re right.

6 weeks ago when I said I was in the mountains with Phil I was just joking. The pure hatred here for somebody they have never met, or have no clue about what actually happened make me laugh now, even though most of it is truly pathetic to be honest.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:30 PM

Anyways, sorry to take that off track OP, but good luck to everyone heading out!
Old 08-12-2020, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage 13 View Post
Why is he a B.C. resident now.
No, there’s outfits there that are taking Canadian residents this fall. I have no doubt if he wanted a stone sheep he has the cash to buy a hunt this year or any other.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:45 PM

Phil is gone but not forgotten lol. It's amazing the infatuation people have with his life.
Old 08-12-2020, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwoods View Post
Phil is gone but not forgotten lol. It's amazing the infatuation people have with his life.
Infatuation? This guy fooled us all. We all thought he had ethics and morals, but he instead he had no shame or respect.
Old 08-12-2020, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinefredCommander View Post
Infatuation? This guy fooled us all. We all thought he had ethics and morals, but he instead he had no shame or respect.
I don’t see how it affects people to the point where they’re attending his court dates and posting constant crap him. Dude is forever labeled and has to live with his choices. Time for everyone to move on.