Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-21-2020, 09:07 AM

Default MCRS Tactical feedback sought

MCRS has reasonable prices on barrel and bolt fluting. Looking for feedback from anyone who has used their services for fluting, please.

Thanks for your help,
Bruce
Old 02-22-2020, 10:54 PM

Someone here must have used their services...
Old 02-23-2020, 07:41 AM

I’ve had a stock built by MCRS, a handful of years back, and all went very smooth. Chris (the owner) was very meticulous when we designed the stock, with numerous emails of CAD drawings back and forth, till I was quite satisfied the build would go to my satisfaction. The final product was exactly as I had hoped it would be.

I also had MCRS build me a loading block for .22 Hornet, that too went very smooth.

There are no absolutes
Old 02-23-2020, 07:59 AM
Banned

Is he doing his own metal work now?
Old 03-03-2020, 01:42 PM

I have received both positive and negative feedback. Anyone had fluting done by MCRS??
Old 03-04-2020, 06:33 PM

He’s done 2 stocks for me. A few years back. Did an excellent job. I liked him as a person. A little hard to understand; English is a second language to him. He impressed me as a fine businessman, he was concerned that he gave me what I wanted, and did not ask for any money until I was satisfied. Can’t speak for his metalwork, didn’t know he had branched into that.

If you’re concerned or hesitant, get him to do a bolt first, and if that goes south then it’s not as much of a loss as a barrel. Get some pics or get him to show you a sample of something that he’s done.

If I was looking for that kind of work to be done, I would give it to him to try.
Old 03-04-2020, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
I’ve had a stock built by MCRS, a handful of years back, and all went very smooth. Chris (the owner) was very meticulous when we designed the stock, with numerous emails of CAD drawings back and forth, till I was quite satisfied the build would go to my satisfaction. The final product was exactly as I had hoped it would be.

I also had MCRS build me a loading block for .22 Hornet, that too went very smooth.
When you say loading block for a 22H, do you mean a slug to put into the mag so you can single shot feed it? I’ve got a 17H that I need that for.
Old 03-04-2020, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvaark View Post
When you say loading block for a 22H, do you mean a slug to put into the mag so you can single shot feed it? I’ve got a 17H that I need that for.
No.
A block for reloading, the Hornet cases don’t fit in too many off the shelf reloading blocks.

There are no absolutes
Old 03-04-2020, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Took a long time to find a clip for a Brno ZKW465 so I made a block out of cutting board material and used it as single shot .
Could use hard wood also.
Pretty simple home project with basic tools.
Old 03-04-2020, 10:25 PM

Default Sorry for the de-rail

Thanks for the input fellas. Looks like I might have to be a bit inventive. And use some ingenuity.

The problem with hand feeding this round is that the tip of the bullet needs to lift up in order to chamber. So it won’t be just a matter of filling the hole to keep the round from falling thro the floor. And the bolt has to clear everything too.

The joys of owning a cz.
Old 03-05-2020, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the input fellas. Looks like I might have to be a bit inventive. And use some ingenuity.

The problem with hand feeding this round is that the tip of the bullet needs to lift up in order to chamber. So it won’t be just a matter of filling the hole to keep the round from falling thro the floor. And the bolt has to clear everything too.

The joys of owning a cz.
I got a single-shot adapter from Lowey Products.