Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 11:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneeze View Post
For the love of all that is hunting season we need to stop.

AVB is killing me with boredom not CO2.

C02 isn't killing the earth.

I honestly think he is a plant. Paid lobbyist that trolls Alberta forums.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the groupthink that occurs regarding climate change has nothing to do with cognizant dissonance or the fact that many here have depended on the O&G industry for their livelyhood.

Scientific American:Exxon-knew-about-climate-change-almost-40-years-ago
Old 10-04-2016, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneeze View Post
For the love of all that is hunting season we need to stop.

AVB is killing me with boredom not CO2.

C02 isn't killing the earth.

I honestly think he is a plant. Paid lobbyist that trolls Alberta forums.
Hard to explain otherwise isn't it?

Last edited by ak-71; 10-05-2016 at 12:06 AM.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the groupthink that occurs regarding climate change has nothing to do with cognizant dissonance or the fact that many here have depended on the O&G industry for their livelyhood.

AVB, you, on the other hand, totally depend on O&G industry for your frequent migrations to your residence in Florida, and, most likely, on badmouthing it for at least of some part of your livelihood (directly or not).
Ironic, isn't it?
Old 10-05-2016, 12:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak-71 View Post
AVB, you, on the other hand, totally depend on O&G industry for your frequent migrations to your residence in Florida, and, most likely, on badmouthing it for at least of some part of your livelihood (directly or not).
Ironic, isn't it?
Oh, the trumpisms abound. If ya can't deal with the issue directly, attack the messenger.

Funny how that actually doesn't work.
Old 10-05-2016, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Oh, the trumpisms abound. If ya can't deal with the issue directly, attack the messenger.

Funny how that actually doesn't work.
Just trying to keep them honest, somewhat

At least whoever here is in the O&G business can find something useful 3000 m below the ground AND manage to get it out to fuel your car with it.
All you guys can do is to suck some money out of the process to subsidize windmills, call it technology, and jet-fly to some Paris party to celebrate. Good times for your kind, right?
Old 10-05-2016, 12:34 AM

OK, you drive to Florida. But still good times, right?
Old 10-05-2016, 12:47 AM

I would like to believe that I have managed to awoken you conciseness, and, that is why you have not responded, but, I doubt it's possible. And it is quite late, thus, I suspect you are just sleeping.

PS. English grammar, punctuation and anything alike in my posts are completely discretionary to the author. Any complaints from guys with a different opinions are not welcomed under some, I'm sure, PC clause, or what ever. I am also sure that closing this post will offend me in some way. Just a fair warning.

Last edited by ak-71; 10-05-2016 at 01:10 AM.
Old 10-05-2016, 01:35 AM

AVB is out too make him self look better than everyone else on his thread of BS, as he has 2 properties, AC that he rarely uses and a car that he drives 20.000 kms a year.

Funny that his carbon footprint is twice that of most folks on this forum and easily 10 X's that of mine,,, could be 20 if not 30 X's that of Windy Bones that I mentioned on the other post.

All talk and no action as he chats form his glass houses looking down on the rest of us since he supports a larger carbon footprint then the rest of us in his dreams only.

I call his bluff as he's all talk with no show since he's all about climate change living a rich life style that many of us can never afford.

Just another posser that wants to save the planet yet its everyone else fault but his for using more energy then the rest of us.

Like I mentioned in above post, give away all your worldly possession and come out too live on the street and lands with next to nill if you wish to save the planet, much easier to say do as I say as I do other then say as I do but don't worry about my 2 glass houses, my AC that very few people own in the world as I drive my car 20.000 kms a year. Ha

AVB is all about him as he preaches a good story that is everyones else's fault, Windy Bones and I both call his bluff since he's this rich dude who can do no wrong..

Funny thing is that he not once mention from his first post how he would find solutions too solve climate change,,, unless we or I missed his story on how he will address it.

Sounds like all talk and no action.

Pal Don from the America's where common folk live.

PS: I will chime at any time since AVB needs more ideas on how he "might" be able to save the world if he's up to the task.

Big sell off would be a good start as folks have more respect to those that live as they preach.

Those with less carbon footprint have less, and we live it for our selves because we can. No need for us too preach if we can't deliver on our actions.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:02 AM

Time to cut the BS as I take this opportunity too share in me, I, and my self since these are facts of life that I know and have learned for my self and folks long before my time.

Part 1

Do I have a hand in global warming and carbon footprint,,, yes I do.
Am I friendly too the planet, answer to this is "I hope so with in my best intentions".

Do I use things on this planet that are carbon based, yes,,, I us food, energy and things that improve my life and "hopefully the lives of others".

Have I lived life fully this way, absolutely not as when younger I lived life full and with too much, but soon realized the the "Less is More" idea would improve the quality of living life full. Wish that I had jumped on this band wagon much sooner for my self.

Part 2

What carbon footprint rest with-in my life, that answer is every thing I touch and use.

Before I owned my truck there is carbon footprint in materials that make it, transportation too process, build, ship 2 or 7 times. Carbon of buying with carbon based jobs, and carbon funds too maintain it as well as burn to keep it running.

The energy too make this truck little lone keeping it running as well as drive it is less carbon footprint when looking at the ashfualt roads that send mega tonnes of carbon into the air little lone the rock crushes that make the gravel, all products made are bases of carbon in many ways from prepping it, transportation, human power as the list gose on.

This gose for houses, street lamps, side walks, power lines, offices where folks work that run the show.
My truck or once owned home is responsible for more carbon footprint then one would think when looking at it.

Large carbon footprint too farmer who grows the cattle or grain as the footprint of carbon is passed on to the end user. "rely" one would say. Yes this is true "in my opinion only" as I need to account the stuff I buy and use with its share of carbon footprint added in.

Part 3 and "on" are soon too follow as I deal out my own sulotion to a carbon footprint Don Parsons leaves behind, I have owner ship in global warming that I refer to as mine since I balance the "wizer" course of action I can do for my self and fellow brother and sister in hopes they too are rewarded good quality lives ahead for them and their families and friends.

Part 3 will be spent sharing my owner ship of carbon footprint in whole, and finding the balance of dammed if I do and dammed if I don't.

This is the tricky area where words need to line up and we'll thought out Manitoba English need to come into play.

Western Canada Pal Don at a solution that will improve my life living fuller.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
DiCaprio wants to deny people who understand science from holding public office. Only AGW zealots who don't have any comprehension of science should be allowed to hold public office.

Dicaprio had his intellectual gravitas and totalitarian leanings on full display today. (at least he didn't call for deniers to be imprisoned (a la suzuki) or burned at the stake)

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid...public-office/

“The scientific consensus is in and the argument is now over. If you do not believe in climate change, you do not believe in facts, or in science or empirical truths and therefore, in my humble opinion, should not be allowed to hold public office.”

These guys are really embarassing themselves. It's like they have no sense at all of the dripping irony when they say the science is in and anyone that disagrees doesn't understand science. I think it's more than a little funny.
Any politicians that believe in Chinooks should not hold office then.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 10-05-2016, 08:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
"Accepting the scientific consensus would likely see increased levels of regulation, which challenges their identity as free-market advocates. So instead, the authors argue, the only options open are to either deny the consensus or try and discredit it."

http://link.springer.com/article/10....229-016-1198-6

This news article summarizes the longer paper.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...gs-all-at-once

One sees many here who are well described by the article (and the paper). Those that are affected through self interest often deny the loudest. It would be great if we all worked to a solution together.

If you are in a zone and can adjust to the increased cost to exist you could benefit from the changes that will occur without an imposed carbon tax.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:31 AM

Quote:

Lol

After all the fanatics stopped screaming the data was reviewed and almost all proponents of a court case are walking away. There is no basis. Current info states that. Out dated posts only prove misdirection. On your part.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 10-05-2016, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post

People are not arguing that climate change is not real.

They don't agree that it's man made or that taxes will have any effect on it.

hope this helps.

BTW how about that Kardashian robbery eh? In a gun free city. in a gun free country that supports global warming.
Once again, you hit one out of the park Red.
Old 10-05-2016, 11:24 AM

Quote:
"Accepting the scientific consensus would likely see increased levels of regulation, which challenges their identity as free-market advocates. So instead, the authors argue, the only options open are to either deny the consensus or try and discredit it."
I don't deny the science of climate change, but I don't accept it either. I can't handle all of the back-and-forth between the two sides. I see good points on both sides of the argument. All I can do is shrug my shoulders and watch things unfold. I guess I'm sort of a "climate-change-agnostic" when it comes to the causes/sources of climate change.

I feel I have amassed enough anecdotal evidence in my 43 years on this planet to say with a great deal of confidence that the climate is changing. Is it natural? Is it man-made? A combination of the two? I'm don't have an opinion on the matter. I find the argument exasperating.

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 10-05-2016, 11:27 AM

Continuation of part 3 my owner ship of my portion of global warming and carbon footprint. One might not forget that many other factors contribute to this that are still being considered for debate for years to come.

As mentioned in the above post that I take my portion of carbon footprint print with everything I touch, an example could be as simple as a light switch that works off the power lines that feed it.

A portion of the power dam that was built years ago took massive amounts of money, energy, human power, equipment, up keep, life time of up keep along the entire system,,, the flick of a switch might seem small, but one knows that a portion of carbon the got it there is now directed at me since I'm the end user.

I see it this way as others look at it different, as expected.

Owner ship of all carbon based items is endless since there is a cost too getting the materials, producing them into a product, lots of transportation costs by trucks, trains, ships, or air-planes. Then a end user buys it, uses and maintains it over its life time.

Each of us see carbon footprint, other unknown factors as large or small, maybe we see none of it.
Who-Da thunk that this or that amounts to this carbon footprint a-possed to other products.

The whole thing too global warming is a massive under taking since there are so many things going on, yet no sulotion to find wizer ways to find a middle ground of 50/50.

"Most humans need energy if we are to survive on this planet", the beginning statement is the word "Most".

We here in the industrial nation have grown up this way, can we return to living off the lands of long ago,,, purhaps, but it would be hard to do now that we are a global trading system that is in most countries around the world.

Humans want easier in life since it adds quality too ones life, not only for them but the next generation, could be wrong thinking and looking at it this way, so this is another factor of issues too consider in a sulotion to.

"There is no quick fix in alot going on in global warming, it will be a long long road to address the issue of all nations in years too come, science is ever changing much like how we change our living habits from year to year".

Par 3 is a small summery into much of one persons owner ship like my self since it is deep and wide in so many areas and directions, so I will come back to part 3 later on.

Part 4 is a area that I share of "Less is More" that takes me, I, and my self into a journey beyond my own expectations of where it will lead me with in my every day footprint on earth.

Much of it is a long road of unknowns since its ever changing from day to day and year by year, as I improve my life of simple with less.

Parts of this to follow next for those that wish too follow along, and those that don't care as its upon their own ideas since they do what best suits them.

Pal Don with sulotion to my needs in years to come
Old 10-05-2016, 02:57 PM

three separate and distinct questions:

1. Is the climate changing ?
2. If so, are we causing it ?
3. If 2 is true, can we do anything about it ?

Only time will tell, a LOOOOONG time. In the mean time, should the progressive developed nations be held hostage for a ransom that world population increases will shortly cancel out ?

Grizz
Old 10-05-2016, 04:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
three separate and distinct questions:

1. Is the climate changing ?
2. If so, are we causing it ?
3. If 2 is true, can we do anything about it ?

Only time will tell, a LOOOOONG time. In the mean time, should the progressive developed nations be held hostage for a ransom that world population increases will shortly cancel out ?

Grizz
Well put.

1] Virtually everyone agrees that yes it is
2] Most scientists in the world say yes, many of the general population in western Canada and much of the US are skeptical and think not
3] Identify the likely cause and mitigate it. What will the long term effect be? Hopefully the mitigation is sufficient to stop 2].

Again, a good and succinct way of presenting the issue.
Old 10-05-2016, 06:31 PM

Default Arctic ice recovering at a fast rate.

http://www.thegwpf.com/arctic-ice-ex...t-record-pace/

Arctic sea ice continues to grow back at a phenomenal rate. Since the start of the month, growth has comfortable exceeded anything on record since daily figures began in 1987.

Great news!
Old 10-05-2016, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Well put.

1] Virtually everyone agrees that yes it is
2] Most scientists in the world say yes, many of the general population in western Canada and much of the US are skeptical and think not
3] Identify the likely cause and mitigate it. What will the long term effect be? Hopefully the mitigation is sufficient to stop 2].

Again, a good and succinct way of presenting the issue.
1). Everyone knows we have warmed since the last ice age 13000 years ago

2). Your opinion not based upon fact. Skewed studies heavily promoted by socialist ideology does nothing to make effect positive change. Scientists say sea levels haven't risen above natural causes as seen in linear graphed data stemming back to the 1800's. Antarctic sea ice grew since the 1970's. Data now shows massive growth in arctic sea ice that data has only tracked accurately since 1981. Desire of zealots to use any data not including the past 13000 years at least proves cherry picking for an agenda.

3). Stupid people buying land in low lying ocean areas is not societies problem. Natural climate variability does impact people. Developing drought resistant crops, helping indigenous peoples on tropical islands relocate or build flood resistent communities can be helpful charity, building dams, drilling water wells, improving economies will help the populace. Not destroying jobs, tax grabs for useless make work projects, etc is wasteful socialism at its best.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fargineyesore View Post
Another typical elitist comment from you. Insult people because you are not intelligent enough to disprove their position.
Some people are ready to lynch avb3 for presenting an opposing viewpoint... that is pathetic and I definitely dont apologise.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:34 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhu22 View Post
You guys would be funny if you werent so pathetic.

avb3 has always been fair and impartial in his posts about global warming and most everything else that I remember reading of his. Show me one quote that shows otherwise.
You guys are just like your beloved "The Donald"... all fear based bluster appealing to the uneducated like yourselves, ie: you're afraid of change so you rail against it.
Thanks for that. I'll file it with the rest of your tidbits.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 10-05-2016, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Some people are ready to lynch avb3 for presenting an opposing viewpoint... that is pathetic and I definitely dont apologise.
I am pleased when Avb posts something as I hope someday it will be valuable...provide facts and insights on science that can be tested and proved or not proved.

What if studies...short term trends...sky is falling predictions are not science.

Let's pick one.

Fact. Sea levels are not rising above natural trends. So that means sea level arguments can't be used as a proxy of man made global warming. Avb says sea levels are rising...yes. That is true. It has been since man has been recording...say 1800. Linear increase. Likely since the last ice age 13000 years ago.

Old 10-05-2016, 08:12 PM

Interesting find that's well worth posting since the OP mentions he has no agenda to global warming and climate change as he starts of flop #3 on Outdoorsman Forum.

Funny that he mentions he use AC rarely on this thread as he leave it running more then he lets on in the other post.

Don't be fouled too think that a $60+ dollar power bill in Florida is not much power as it is 2 to 3 X's more power than in Alberta.

Just a player at do as I say but don't do as I do.
Owns two nice properties, runs AC alot since the temps in Florida and humidity are very high down there. This would be why it is running all the time down there.

Leaves most too consider that the OP is not in favour of climate change as his carbon footprint is way over the rest of us.

Funny how a black sheep appears in wolfs clothing.

As mentioned in the above posts, very rich person above the rest of us since he owns a sail boat that all so has its own carbon footprint much like his car.

Funny that theres no mention of the other vehicles and motorcycle.

All talk as mentioned before since there is nill for his sulotion that he has not addressed on either of these forms.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=290686

PS: bet he's so high on his horse that he will chime in declaring that his sail boat leaves no carbon footprint as it is made of wood by hand, but one would only guess that he would not realize that wood is a form of carbon little lone the energy it takes to make and maintain it.

"Wind over the Water" saying from my pal in China as he would say.

Time will tell all since one can not give houner too ones self as it is not shared with others, respect and houner can only be give form others that makes it worth its while.

More on this at a later time.

Pal Don that is glad to share in last thread found.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
I am pleased when Avb posts something as I hope someday it will be valuable...

Entirely a personal observation but I have usually found people who openly dismiss the opinions of others, particularly when they do so to the point of rudeness, rarely offer anything of value themselves. Climbing over the backs of idiots doesn't elevate your own opinions.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:17 PM

Quote:
It is not his point of view it is the way it is presented- as are your responses which are nothing more than insulting and vulgar
And although this thread was heading in that direction the other members can thank you forbgetting it locked
Cat

Last edited by catnthehat; 10-05-2016 at 11:26 PM.
Closed Thread