Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-26-2016, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Rule number one when hunting with buddies where you would like to do so again: Never go back to a place you have been taken to unless you are with the person who originally took you or have their explicit permission and go alone (not introducing anyone new).
Yup, and getting that permission is very hard as its against hunter code to ask a friend to hunt his spot.
Old 09-26-2016, 05:39 PM

Problem is most feel entitled to that area access when it's public land. Some actually get offended and have the nerve to say you don't own the animals.

They just don't get the point how rare it is to find a good spot and how much effort it takes. Let alone the fact how gracious you were to take them under your wing and show them your sacred spot.

Honestly I think most guys would rather you cheat on their woman then hunt their honey holes. Lol
Old 09-26-2016, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparx View Post
Problem is most feel entitled to that area access when it's public land. Some actually get offended and have the nerve to say you don't own the animals.

They just don't get the point how rare it is to find a good spot and how much effort it takes. Let alone the fact how gracious you were to take them under your wing and show them your sacred spot.

Honestly I think most guys would rather you cheat on their woman then hunt their honey holes. Lol
this is the truth^^^
Old 09-27-2016, 02:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretohunt View Post
My favourite secret hunting spot is no longer a secret. 😕
It turns out that my brother took his new buddy there and they killed an elk.
It is an amazing place that I dream about, so naturally I've kept it to myself. It took years of work to locate it and figure it out. How to hunt it successfully. There was a spot that I call "6 point or larger" because I have never seen a bull in there under 6 points a side. I arrowed my largest elk in there. Went for my honeymoon for a week in there where we encountered a plethora of animals. Moose,elk,white tails, mule deer and black bear.
I'm certain that his new buddy will be back with his hunting buddies and so it goes. No effort no appreciation.
I have given this 3 weeks to let my self cool down but I'm still .
I was hoping that my family and his family could utilize that spot for as long as it remained unknown.
I guess it's my fault. He has done this before and has destroyed my best moose spot ever. I work very hard at finding new crown land hunting honey holes and share them with him, and he wants to look like the big shot and show everyone the best spot ever.
Clearly this will never happen again, but there are less and less of these spots available.
Has this happened to anyone here? Someone please tell me a worse story so that I don't feel like such a chump.
Your brother need's a lesson in family .
Old 09-27-2016, 04:55 AM

I hope you hid his body well.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:48 AM

Hunter code .
Never go to someone's spot without them . And don't even ask too. I am having the same problems. I am guilty of takeing a few friends to my hot spots. Now I am finding one my friend is going Into it without me with his friend . I had a nice talk with him about it . and another Hunter I took out with me I found his best friend parked at the enteance 2x this year . His friend had never hunted that particular area .Can't wait to have a talk with him . I can't blam anyone but myself .but it sure isn't the way it used to be . I know that there are other spots but after 20 years of hunting in a area you narrow yours down and it seems like a lot of guy are out just watching your truck to get a lead on where to go .