Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-28-2014, 05:25 PM

Default Canada Post Issues

Just curious as to the quality of service other people are getting. Last few months we have had numerous delivery personnel and I cannot believe their incompetence. I live at address Way and my mail is consistently delivered to the same number on Ave. My counterpart is a 95 year old widow who has numerous relatives getting her mail at irregular intervals and she consistently gets my mail and parcels which she has even opened accidentally,UNDERSTANDABLE, as ive made the same mistake,too.Neighbors have gotten the same piece of mail up to three times delivered over three weeks incorrectly when they have just returned it to the mail letter slot. Ive complained and get lots of apologies but nothing changes Other neighbors are experiencing similar concerns as well. Wondering if Im the exception or this is the norm that we have to accept. As a sidenote our past delivery person was excellent with no issues in 10 plus years. Would appreciate any advice as how to resolve this problem. I have phoned the 800 number and nothing changes. Also, I tried to approach the delivery person prior to others being involved and had a serious attitude from her personally and got nowhere.Just curious.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:38 PM

Call Global's troubleshooter, if you've complained to Canada Post & nothing's being done, get the troublshooter involved. Amazing how somethings get resolved once it's on TV, maybe they'll end up skidding the incompetent POS.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote_man View Post
Just curious as to the quality of service other people are getting. Last few months we have had numerous delivery personnel and I cannot believe their incompetence. I live at address Way and my mail is consistently delivered to the same number on Ave. My counterpart is a 95 year old widow who has numerous relatives getting her mail at irregular intervals and she consistently gets my mail and parcels which she has even opened accidentally,UNDERSTANDABLE, as ive made the same mistake,too.Neighbors have gotten the same piece of mail up to three times delivered over three weeks incorrectly when they have just returned it to the mail letter slot. Ive complained and get lots of apologies but nothing changes Other neighbors are experiencing similar concerns as well. Wondering if Im the exception or this is the norm that we have to accept. As a sidenote our past delivery person was excellent with no issues in 10 plus years. Would appreciate any advice as how to resolve this problem. I have phoned the 800 number and nothing changes. Also, I tried to approach the delivery person prior to others being involved and had a serious attitude from her personally and got nowhere.Just curious.
I have had the same thing happen when we get a "fill in" carrier. Once our regular mail lady comes back all is well.

Maybe the new system that is coming into effect will be a good change.

But then again, maybe not!!!
Old 04-29-2014, 04:51 PM

Didn't want it to get personal but it got to it today. Approached her to let her know I didn't want her job or get her fired and her response was very professional- I have no time. My time is better spent doing other things than complaining without just cause so when it happens next time Im finished being nice,polite and patient. With few responses Im thinking this is an isolated and perhaps personal case.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:17 PM

my mail i pick up at the post office i have a box there. good service no idiot contractors. who are those clowns anywayand why cant they be as professional as canada post you cant tell me the union is making the service better there is some kind of problem in hiring the contracters
Old 04-29-2014, 05:30 PM

I wish CP would start a hold for pickup option, they could send you a pick up notice instead of the throw the box on the step and run. The signature required is a joke they scribble on the notice then drop the box.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote_man View Post
report it to there head office and make sure to get a case number, i had an issue with mail not being delivered, i guess the mail carrier decided what i should get and what wasn't important, either way they will launch an investigation and i promise you the mail will get better.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:37 PM

We have cluster mailboxes in our area - several groups of them served by one post office in the nearest town.

We have gotten mail for several neighbors - window envelopes - which usually mean a bill. I took the first one back to the Post Office to let the Post Mistress at that time know about the wrong delivery. She grabbed envelope from me.........bad move.........I grabbed back and hung on tight. I told her I drive right past these people's house on my way home and I am going to drop it at their house. I came in here to let you know about the wrong delivery so you could let the postal person know of the error. Man she was not giving up...........I won. Dropped the mail at one of our neighbor's house and apologized for the crumpled envelope - husband chuckled and said yes, they wanted the mail - it was a bill. After that incident I quit taking the mail in but rather just delivered it to a neighbor ONLY IF it is someone I know. If I do not know the person I put a note on the mail that it was put in wrong box - was in box #?? and put it back in the slot. HOPEFULLY they get their mail.

Delivery has been better for a while - except if any of you have sent Keg or me and mail and we have not acknowledged we got the mail someone else is probably enjoying whatever you sent us...........